Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I haven't even put any of the living modules on yet, and it's already lagging.

Kethane...

?pagename=mj_profile_image&loginid=regonenavister2

"It's the smell -if there is such a thing. I feel... saturated by it."

:D

Kidding, it's probably those solar panels playing havoc with the frames. Love the look of the design though.

has anyone made a tower that goes from the surface of the mun kerbin ect to space.

The combination of your comment coupled with the one made in katateochi's Duna video has given me an idea though. Katateochi mentions editing the .cfg for the KAS winch from 100 - 200 metres. That, with the ability to up your draw distance with Lazor's pack makes me wonder, how long could you make that winch before the game breaks? I've got a few ideas for the next time I load up KSP... Hopefully I don't come up empty-handed, because this could be great...

EDIT: Long story short; I am disappoint... I guess it defaults back to 50m if it doesn't like the number you put in. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Edited by espm400

th_AlphaIprototypelauncher_zps61ee4f13.jpg

th_AlphaIsatellitepayload_zps783207d4.jpg

Now, you might be wondering why I consider these images "awesome" when they appear mundane, and I'll explain exactly why: they are a milestone to me. This launcher and this probe represent the point at which I really started playing this game in earnest. This design is the means by which I started to learn how to really play the game so I can put my ambitions into practice. They are awesome in a sentimental way.

I get it. It's that feeling where you design something and it works exactly the way you want it to. I still have issues building things. I'll design a cool probe/rover/lander only to have it blow up on the launch bad, only get halfway through the atmosphere etc.

Some of the most spectacular views happen to be right under our noses. Here are some screen shots I took doing a flyover of Kerbin's North Polar Icecap.

I would love to see a skiing/snowboard mod. Slap some on Kerbals and doing some downhill runs. Jeb would be all in the double blacks. He's definitely an AirDog :D

93VBa3Fh.pngPSOPrcjh.png

y4WQZSYh.pngrkTwTuWh.png

Some of the most spectacular views happen to be right under our noses. Here are some screen shots I took doing a flyover of Kerbin's North Polar Icecap.

I would love to see a skiing/snowboard mod. Slap some on Kerbals and doing some downhill runs. Jeb would be all in the double blacks. He's definitely an AirDog :D

WHOA!! "Attention all KSC engineers, we need a long range plane ASAP!"

SS Umatilla long range ship 4vaA2IH.png

Prepping the Umatilla with refueling from the Super Tanker. It takes 8 to 10 trips to refill. Lost some kerbal crews in the testing of the tanker. :-(

rKnKH9U.png

Attaching crew quarters and landers is next on the Umatilla's list. Biggest operational ships to date.

My Mun base is taking shape! I've been getting better at nailing my landings within 3 km of my original Munar landing, so for the rest of the 3km to the base, I give all my landers wheels! Problem solved, lol. However, the OASIS MLM (the light tower/habitat) was a bit difficult to land, and even harder to drive (crawl) to the base. It tipped about a dozen times (thanks to quicksave, I managed). Here we have my first ever "Lander", my "Munar RV" (big rover), "Munar Rover" (first prototype, works great for transporting kerbals around my other sites 1.5km away), "OASIS MLM" (the tower is Damned Robotics pistons, so it's usually shorter when being moved), and finally my "Armadillo MRS-2" (Mobile Rover Spatula). *COMING SOON!* "The Kerhemoth" Interplanetary Ship Building/Launching Platform, and the "Hercules" Mobile Refueling Station! (already landed one, but it had no wheels and is sitting in the corner right now being a stubborn refueling depot)

Enjoy!

Rdcp48k.png

ofpApQy.jpg

1Jsmghn.jpg

zmHEj0m.jpg

Um... What?! "Never-mind, going to the North Pole would exceed our current budget.";.;

It might look like overkill but this ship is made to go to Laythe, once it's refueled in LKO. That's why the extra tanks. This is the 0.20 version undergoing field trials over Kerbin.

The transfer stage can remain in orbit, controlled by a large diameter probe body, and act as a orbital re-fueling station for other ships operating in the Jool system.

The command module, with the 4 outstretched docking ports, doubles as lander base re-fueling depot for the 2 jet aircraft attached to each side of the transfer stage. I used Brotoro's BirdDogs as inspiration.

Eventually I will have these depots scattered around the various islands of Laythe. Unfortunately the jets can't get back into orbit once they descend. I'm terrible at SSTO's so this is an easier alternative.

WHOA!! "Attention all KSC engineers, we need a long range plane ASAP!"

I got a SSTO (or prototype that has failed to make orbit) that could probably make it to the north pole (maybe not back). Really fast, can hit 200m/s in under a minute. Maybe with some fixing up it can be really good.

edit: and I just remembered i deleted it to :( . I ll try to rebuild it

Edited by War Eagle 1

Long Range SSTO.

MGQv8qY.jpg

4Q65Iea.jpg

Keth Moon Miner. takes over 2,000,000 Litres of Keth to fill the tanks.

KdhLdIL.jpg

Keth space Elevator. Mines keth at the surface, refines it and sends up what is needed to the top section. I got this to nearly work...

MVh8zEk.jpg

1tUI9Xz.jpg

BAJnJh7.jpg

2if54sR.jpg

Heard the pole is where it's at.

Thought that would be a good thing to do with one of the old orbiters that were lagging up my space center. Yay hypersonic flight!

b6LUHfP.png

Philnard was left here, the others went to visit the rim mountains, and pick him up later.

SdpqfPA.png

A rare Kerbin rainbow. Only occurs underground.

ZhUqXPa.png

Landed fine, dispute bouncing on uneven terrain. But after jogging for a bit with 4x phys warp on, the cockpit fell from the shuttle.

4Hn9BYO.png

Even with infinite fuel, they're stuck there.

Edited by Tw1