Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

after weeks of waiting (this craft was designed in 0.20, but survived perfectly in 0.21) the mun radiotelescope project is completed!

since i'm using ferram and my kerbals havent invented three metres rockets i designed a foldable telescope that could fit in an extended 2 metres fairing from KW rocketry.

here's the rocket on the pad (landing legs stick out a bit, but i couldn't do much about it)

yDShx9d.png

second stage during circularization

0M0Fr8E.png

rendez vous with the mun transfer vehicle

UFIHa4u.png

approaching Nektar base

UYaCPOB.jpg

landed and fully deployed!! :D

Eh7xDnj.png

let me just tell you this landing was painful, my computer was melting and i forgot to put an asas on the thing (the probe body was from clayra pack i think, so no built-in asas).

there was a raging debate at the Kerbal Space Center as to whether or not you could build a rocket with an external seat on the top. They decided to build it. Then, a crazy Kerbal by the name of Kelner Kerman came in and said he would ride the thing. well, ride he did!

hueo.png

landed safely too!

2w6k.png

his look on landing was akin to thinking: why did I volunteer again?

The Icarus Space Station Habitation Module encountered some... problems while going into orbit to rendezvous with the Icarus Space Station Core, which had just been sent into orbit earlier that week. One of the four engines somehow ran out of fuel early, causing the ship to go out of control, screwing up the direction. Even Mechjeb couldn't save it. This image is of the Icarus Space Station Core in the middle of a circularizing burn, still attached to the main engines.

hpF1cae.png

The usage of Mechjeb caused a glitch to occur. It caused the stage to occur early, destroying the main engines and leaving the capsule on its own. Here are two pictures recorded from the wreckage. The first is of the sun setting over Kerbin from inside the cabin, and the second is the small fuselage that was unaffected by the main explosion, but torn off by the Mechjeb staging glitch.

nvlQgVp.png

gLOxtjz.png

This shot is from the outside of the ship, after all the solar panels were ripped off from the main body during re-entry.

dDcY6p5.png

This is the final image, found in a camera floating near the wreckage. Despite the speed of impact destroying most of the ship, the camera holding this image was somehow saved. The image is believed to have been taken by the late co-pilot of the ship, Kirlobb Kerman, at the exact moment of impact when the ship meets the water. None of the bodies of the two pilots or the four crewmembers in the habitation area were ever found.

BqqdC41.png

A new mission is being planned, but we must first find out why the one engine ran out of fuel before all the others.