Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I somehow managed to create a Space Shuttle-style launch vehicle:

OlXaDw1.png

It works almost flawlessly. Obviously, it isn't as stable as a standard rocket, but it doesn't take much to keep it under control.

PJews07.png

Separating the liquid boosters. Only the Mainsail engines performed well in this role. At this point, the Poodle and the little radial engines on the EFT are ignited.

2rrdzsU.png

Then it's just a case of getting to orbit and deactivating the little EFT radials when necessary.

eoA9FEd.png

This can reach orbit with plenty left in the orange tank.

qqEsa5W.png

Just a simple spaceplane for now, but it's functional...

qQB2UKG.png

Almost...

rCcE6bP.png

It started spinning out of control. Hopefully I've rectified that issue. Unfortunately, the vehicle is little more than a show-off, as it has no more functionality than any other orbital vehicles I've made, but nevertheless, I finally made a shuttle-style lift system :)

So this is my first picture submission.

I'm pretty new to KSP so I've have large amounts of frustration with craft building. It took me a many hours to construct a spaceplane that was even slightly respectable. I was just about ready to call it a night when one of my planes finally got to 20km.

Then to my surprise an eclipse rose over the horizon. Hand over heart I did not know this was happening and I would have missed it had I quit for the night and done something else the next day.

So after many frustrating hours of trying to get a plane above 20km, and dozens of failures, I was greeted by this beautiful sunrise.....

6MozQ0w.png

So this is my first picture submission.

I'm pretty new to KSP so I've have large amounts of frustration with craft building. It took me a many hours to construct a spaceplane that was even slightly respectable. I was just about ready to call it a night when one of my planes finally got to 20km.

Then to my surprise an eclipse rose over the horizon. Hand over heart I did not know this was happening and I would have missed it had I quit for the night and done something else the next day.

So after many frustrating hours of trying to get a plane above 20km, and dozens of failures, I was greeted by this beautiful sunrise.....

6MozQ0w.png

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! And congratulations on a successful suborbital flight and with a spaceplane no less! No easy feat building a plane let alone a spaceplane that looks single stage to orbit!

I know this probably isn't as big a deal to everyone else here who have taken the Grand Tour twelve times with an SSTO, but this album chronicles the creation of my first successful spaceplane, the F-20C Super Space Peregrine.

This is my favorite screenshot from the mission, click through for complete report and more shots. :)

mE1ILk9.png

Edited by theonegalen