Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Ron: is this rocket just Novapunch and stock? btw, pretty probe lander :)

Nova Punch with stock in probe lander. The probe package is so light that the thruster pack will land it in most places. What you see in orbit is the basic orbiter with thruster pack, parachute, and lander legs added.

Here is the launch vehicle.

u180KAj.jpg

And, the posted shot with stats

eiZu5t5.jpg

As you can see, lots of fuel to have reached the Jool System.

An early version that has orbited around Mun and Minmus. (Later design replaced the SAS with a lighter Novapunch one which is needed for the RMA-3 engine. LV-909 barely has power to leave the launchpad but is fully controllable without the 1/2 ton SAS on top of the first stage.)

TD8RZk9.jpg

My Minmus II expedition went swimmingly!

91340b322686d3197728f7ef443245a3.png

Why are you smirking, mission commander?

49335e717bed912b1095ad9b8c38be73.png

Apparently the surface of the salt flats is either A.) really slippery or B.) very soft, sending the flag skidding across/sliding through the surface after hitting it on accident. We had to put it back up again.

4fe981a80d06efda70a514a4ee7a72a8.png

Also, space station!

88cb9312ff03543f2986702d7fad175e.png

Jeb, tearing around KSC in his new long range (stupidly fast) VTOL, clipped his wing tip on the ground while going ~230ms. The lucky SOB got away with it, the explosion is just the nav-light on the wing tip, 1 cm lower and it would have been his doom;

LfMwh9ll.jpg

One another test run I deployed the emergency parachutes before take off, I couldn't repack them until I'd actually taken off, but its a VTOL so;

K1T8ULHl.jpg

This is my best plane so far, fast, stable and very maneuverable at low alts. At a high alt (24-26km) it can hit a cruise speed of ~3000ms and can circumnavigate Kerbin in half an hour.

MLKkde4l.jpg

This is it just pushing the edge of it's limits with a flame out on the central engine.

AXQ2ekyl.jpg

It's only draw back is that being very light and with 4 air-breathing VTOL engines its quite hard to land VTOL style, I generally shut down the front left and rear right engines and just land on 2, but even then its a bit of a 'leaf on the wind'.

(Uses mainly stock tanks plus a couple small KSPX tanks as emergency reserve and ballast, 1 standard jet engine and 4 B9 airbreathing VTOL engines)

An interplanetary craft carrying three probes to Eve, one for Eve, one for Gilly, and possibly one for Duna if I have the fuel left.

1ba7e67599ee97f8621700ca0df9738b.png

Yes I know this is in Kerbin Orbit, becuase a certain screenshot wasn't taken correctly in interplanetary space.

In other news, inspired by the Winged Gemini mod/Mun mission I decided to create a stock Winged Kerbali and see if it works. Does it ever.

On-orbit with maneuvering engine and abort/deorbit solids still attached.

px1ZKtX.png

Great cross range. It is able to land at KSC here or the island. It is light and maneuverable enough to be able to make a second pass as well.

sfniJNW.png

Another quality landing by paleorob. Block 2 version shown with solar panels.

1p3kRG6.png