Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

For my final mission in 0.21, I decided to try using infiniglide to go as fast as possible (some day, I want to test how atmospheric density affects infinigliders, and also see if they're viable for messing around on Jool). While I'm a fan of the new science system, this is !!SCIENCE!! at its finest, and a fitting way to see out 0.21.

Enter the experimental aircraft, the "Really Bad Idea":

screenshot17.png

I don't know how many winglets were on this thing, but it wasn't a good idea.

screenshot20.png

6 seconds after launch, the vehicle is well into its acceleration, and has ripped off both SRBs (which are unable to keep up with the rest of it).

screenshot21.png

7 seconds in......and ominous signs appear: A massive lagspike, and some of the winglets are visibly breaking away. What could possibly go wrong?

screenshot22.png

In a tiny fraction of a second, the craft largely disintegrates in a shower of winglets, aerodynamic effects and hellish lag.

screenshot24.png

One of the three booms rips away from the aircraft (another one had previously torn away and exploded, IIRC).

Of course, Jeb being Jeb, he survives this pretty much unharmed thanks to the escape system, and was eager to step up for later tests. I eventually gave up on it after getting the part count up past ~700, mostly comprised of struts and winglets, and only having one flight where the craft did not disintegrate in this fashion. Still, it's been a useful test of how to (try to) make structures that can withstand an acceleration from 0-700m/s in under 8 seconds. Science!

Wilby Kerman loves everything about space-missions...well almost everything, retrieving the precious science from the SC-9001 unit (complimentary notepad included) can be a bit tricky.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s656/Sancho545/gfhjhgf_zpsd485ed17.png' alt='gfhjhgf_zpsd485ed17.png'>

Just finished my second MILOS (Minmus Inspective Lander Of Science...) mission, the first one had to be called off after arriving in orbit around Minmus due to power issues.

5ACRsS8.jpg

Jeb broke the flag

DbDHT3I.jpg

MILOS stands proud (and rather tall) on the minty lakes of Minmus

58iRKj9.jpg

A rather aggresive reentry procedure

3m05E68.jpg

And all dat science, I can sense the scientists drooling all over it already

The mayan apocalypse! It hit Kerbin! A monster tsunami has flooded the entire kontinent! KSC has gone the way of Atlantis!

6C7qsDA.png

(Actually, it's a glitch with the way the water is drawn, it cleared up once I got closer to the planet. I never saw this before...)

Edited by Awaras

(Actually, it's a glitch with the way the water is drawn, it cleared up once I got closer to the planet. I never saw this before...)

Quick! They're coming back! Everyone get mopping!

Sub-commander Seetop fell over in shock when he saw that the use of electric light had become widespread on kerbin. Things will never be the same again.

Bill stood over him, to make sure he was alright.

M5oJsnx.png

I sorted out the two things on landing legs I had, to avoid trouble when I update.

Why do my kerbals have no confidence in me? :sealed:

Rb6XMgz.png

Kerbin has spots.

hyJsFUC.png

Lastly, an experiment.

gZ0PATO.png

Quick! They're coming back! Everyone get mopping!

Sub-commander Seetop fell over in shock when he saw that the use of electric light had become widespread on kerbin. Things will never be the same again.

Bill stood over him, to make sure he was alright.

M5oJsnx.png

I sorted out the two things on landing legs I had, to avoid trouble when I update.

Why do my kerbals have no confidence in me? :sealed:

Rb6XMgz.png

Kerbin has spots.

hyJsFUC.png

Lastly, an experiment.

gZ0PATO.png

These are awesome. :)