Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

My low tech lander:

0K63ahO.png

Next rev, after decided on only 1 of each science part and lots of transmission capability:

gGE3GBa.png

lKuLgpM.png

mental note: fold up solar panels before ejecting off side-mounted fuel tanks!

obZ83Hb.png

good thing I had a few backups.

This thing is a solid trooper though. The duna landing was a bit hard at over 12m/s but the new legs are great, the thing just planted. Did lots of science, made it back home with fuel to spare!

-Snip of duna lander-

This thing is a solid trooper though. The duna landing was a bit hard at over 12m/s but the new legs are great, the thing just planted. Did lots of science, made it back home with fuel to spare!

I too went to duna... but my landing was a bit rougher. Duna Tripper 8, minor flaws caused engine separation.

ZNs0KMC.png

had to send another one (they are 35 tons each), landed 50km away, had to drive a rover to get them. problem was, it was only 2-seater and i needed to save three kerbals. So i had to take two trips 0_0

bhkH3NT.png

But everything worked in the end, got them back, and they all got home safely.

s92iX57.png

The abandoned Wreck of Tripper 8-001, as Bob Kerman says goodbye.

9R2dpRn.png

No mainsails? DEAL WITH IT!

-snip-

Even WITH mainsails, my T-9 launcher is so heavy the second stage needs 2000N of thrust! That's a "mainsail" and four radial engines!

First stage is 9 mainsails, which is 13500N to get off the ground!

j0wC3Bl.png

Get a T-9 here!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40109-T-9-Lifter-from-Zokesia-Skunkworks%21?p=514967#post514967

Edited by zekes

I just put in "realistic" space (all black)... and wow. The stars made you feel safe, like it was all fun and games. Pitch black sky is disorienting, hostile, and sad. It really makes a difference. wow. I love it.

5jPdT2k.png

xDvNC3L.png

If you look at pics taken from orbit you will see that its hard to see stars.
Look at Apollo.... looks exactly like my game :D

apollo_11_rendevous.jpg

Actually, you can't see the stars in space here because it is, quite simply, day time. The Sun drowns out the stars in space just as much as it does here on Earth. Go over to the night-time side of any planet or moon and you'll see stars in huge amounts.

4JV01Zo.png

I dont want to jump the gun and say that I discovered something new in KSP but has anyone else noticed the obelisk thats about 1 or 2 clicks from KSC? Has this been here before? If this is new to KSP has it been noticed before? Am I the first to discover this (besides the developers)?

Or is this old news that im am just finding out (ive been playing sense .19-1)?

Edited by War Eagle 1

4JV01Zo.png

I dont want to jump the gun and say that I discovered something new in KSP but has anyone else noticed the obelisk thats about 1 or 2 clicks from KSC? Has this been here before? If this is new to KSP has it been noticed before? Am I the first to discover this (besides the developers)?

Or is this old news that im am just finding out (ive been playing sense .19-1)?

Nope, it's been around since... before i started playing ksp.

(since 0.19.2)

Your sacrifice was not in vain...erm...whatever your name was. Botched aerobrake at Jool. Also apparently seeing into the stary core of Jool.

xnYRzPA.png

Research plane.

KDWAllV.png

Testing a rover dropship.

AMXR0BE.png

IfV7HcE.png

ECf6QqX.png

s82iXI8.png

snoAGUF.png

8o6nlgF.png

I am pretty happy. Need to do range tests of the carrier but it may be able to reach pretty much anywhere on the planet. Future versions (once I unlock the tech) will have a docking port instead of a separator to allow a second carrier to pick up the rover and transport it further afield.

MFGNoLl.png

Obviously well worth it.

3.5 hours in and...

-Mission 3:Low Munar fly-by

zQ19gXG.png?1

Rb7dR4T.png

-Mission 4:Minmal landing & munar fly-by(Had enough to re-orbit)

cuAFXcw.png?1

TbyaBbI.png?1

-Mission 5:Low Minmal,Munar,Ikeular,Dunan fly-by(got 1.6k science not quite Manley but good,on a decaying Dunan orbit)

lQgl4p4.png?1

FNxoLuq.png?1

tgXJlbZ.png?1

All three of these missions weren't meant to land or leave the kerbin system,the first wasn't meant to get into full orbit.Still no deaths 'simulated' or real.