Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Wayland's Space 1999 Eagle is now in Mark 3 iteration. With Mechjeb 2.0 (and a few tweaks of the Cockpit Pod and ASAS to the new reaction wheel model by me) it is super stable. With LLL's parts mods you can create a good representation of the classic passenger pod or a few other types of payloads that will fit under the truss. I've created a few different styles of pods.

3YUxmj9.png

(The Standard Passenger Pod can carry nearly 20 Kerbals if you're using Crew Manifest.)

jCZWPIf.png

MLR3tio.png

Including what I think is so far the most useful package - a full Survey and Mining Kethane Prospecting Rig:

uYSCAcG.png

Here it is doing an orbital survey at Duna -

7rUhw6k.png

Once we've found some good nodes of Kethane we can tuck in the extra solar arrays and button up the sensor bay to come in for a landing.

ZSetjLh.png

VH8Ckt3.png

Deploying the drills and... STRIKE! We've got the sweet green coming from under the red sands of Duna!

XyNzrcv.png

And we can report our findings back to KSC Mission Control.

dJv8StM.png

You can drop the pod with the Kethane Drills on site. It will function as an independent cracking station and gas station for any other spacecraft that come by. There are pipes and other tools in the KAS boxes on the side for hook-up.

Like any other ship that can survey and mine Kethane, the Eagle Kethane Prospector can refuel itself and keep going indefinitely. If you really felt like it you could mount a complete grand tour just with this package alone (excepting maybe Eve. Not sure if even the Eagle's massive VTOL Delta-V will break free from there).

It was pretty nail-biting. I ran out of rocket fuel with only like 100 m/s to go before making a stable, if ugly, orbit of Duna. Had to use RCS to stabilize it and then bring it down to circular parking orbit at around 1,000km above the surface.

Very exciting :D

It was pretty nail-biting. I ran out of rocket fuel with only like 100 m/s to go before making a stable, if ugly, orbit of Duna. Had to use RCS to stabilize it and then bring it down to circular parking orbit at around 1,000km above the surface.

Very exciting :D

I recently did the same thing with my mapping probe of Eve. Ran out of fuel right in the middle of setting up the polar orbit for best mapping. Had to use the RCS from there to get the last 5 degrees of tilt and to circularize, which meant a lot of time holding down the "H" key, lol. And a few F9's if you know what I mean.

Next time, more fuel, but it's weird, my science lander on Eve landed with plenty of fuel left, pretty much same design.

I recently did the same thing with my mapping probe of Eve. Ran out of fuel right in the middle of setting up the polar orbit for best mapping. Had to use the RCS from there to get the last 5 degrees of tilt and to circularize, which meant a lot of time holding down the "H" key, lol. And a few F9's if you know what I mean.

Next time, more fuel, but it's weird, my science lander on Eve landed with plenty of fuel left, pretty much same design.

It's pritty expencive to change inclination. More expencive to enter the atmosphere and deply chutes atleast XD

Midnight launch of a F-41 Broadsword Fighter (from Halo 4)

screenshot4_zpsdb5de8c2.png

And on the way back down...

screenshot3_zps62b5379d.png

At current - 700 m/s ÃŽâ€V in atmosphere.

How about a daytime launch so that those of us with eyeballs can see what the hell is going on here?

I wanted a biome explorer. Something that can do a long distance hop to a point then do some driving around, and not be awful at it.

1st attempt "Explorer"

5L82x8M.png

Fqr5VEo.png

A successful spaceplane which could VTOL up and away and use orbit altitudes to drop in anywhere. At 22t it proved a bit too heavy to do any reasonable sort of offroading, and actually flying in VTOL mode was a bit of a nightmare.

2nd attempt "Armadillo":

UxaVpDo.png

A similar concept which uses the little rockomax thrusters for VTOL. It's about half the weight at 13t, drives better but still seems to be hard on the wheels.

3rd attempt "Squirrel":

D8TFxV5.png

I pretty much set the science setup on the frame for my isplore rover (see sig). To slim it down I bailed on all VTOL and orbiting capability, it's got 1 turbojet and that's it. I also didn't want to deal with landing gear, so enough lift to take off at 60m/s was in order. This got the weight down to a little over 5t.

It drives great.. Did some offroading at the north pole in search of an anomaly (didn't find it).

hYQXMnr.png

2rrb9rC.png

looks almost like a hurricane back there

TDc6FPP.png

clouds on the pole, beautiful

umYIOKc.png

Driving up a mountain or steep hill then gliding off is an AWESOME way to get around. Good trip!