Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

was exiting Erin's sphere of influence and grabbed a Pock flyby on the way, good opportunity for pictures

well it's not called Pock for nothing, so many craters

10862144075_7b04676c9e_c.jpg

Erin as seen from Pock

10862185426_a0e4ed47e5_b.jpg

after leaving Erin, its gravity snagged me on the way out and sent me into a direct collision course with Sentar. Sentar is a big and scary place

what actually looked nice during atmospheric entry

10862132825_4e05f3760b_b.jpg

quickly became dark and ominous as I entered the clouds and the sunlight began to vanish

10862198036_168966f585_c.jpg

10862197606_387625dba5_c.jpg

I wanted a biome explorer. Something that can do a long distance hop to a point then do some driving around, and not be awful at it.

1st attempt "Explorer"

5L82x8M.png

Fqr5VEo.png

Driving up a mountain or steep hill then gliding off is an AWESOME way to get around. Good trip!

Looks like the Land-Master from StarFox!

Testing the Duna Ascent VEhicle, or DAVE. :P

OhBns3d.png

y legs, y u do dis

It'll do a parachute assisted powered landing (unmanned) next to a Kethane thingie, so when the crew arrive in a Hab module (constellation style) they will connect it to the converter and start refueling it for the return trip. This mission is slowly taking shape! :D

It'll be a blend between the Constellation Program (basically me stealing stuff from katateochi) and Mars Direct. The mission will carry a crew of four to Duna, and three to the surface. Jebediah will be mission commander, and the other positions are being disputed between Chad, Dean, Jonfel, Jack, Neil, and Alan. Only time will tell. :)

It's too heavy for three legs - try four or maybe six.

Then it won't have enough Dv to reach the orbiter. But the problem is temporary. If I take off and land it softly, the legs will keep it stableish.

EDIT: Lol, I thought a Duna ascent required 2800 Dv. :P It only requires ~1400. Time to add useless stuff to it! :D

After much modification and testing, the only way I can power this thing is with nuclear reactor from the Interstellar mod.

Faster and heavier, the KCP - Erinbird III.

joGUL5K.png

xWWteJ0.png

RYrrsr6.png

Now I need a fueling station to refuel the beast and go somewhere it it. Maybe Eve.

After bearing witness to the glory of a certain few cruisers around here *coughSapphirecough*, I decided that I was going to make my own. The MSV Constellation CST-052:

Cystt83.png

Lifts off completely on its own, remarkably, and it has plenty of fuel to reach orbit, by which time it has half its liquid propellant remaining.

6SWBmkb.png

B9 Aerospace, MPSS Nautilus, KSP Interstellar (albeit modified), and Z-Pinch, all alongside stock components. The total part count is 118, which is nice and low. Now I just need to develop a lander design and dock a couple to the ports behind the warp drive.

7DmSzJv.png

There was originally a SABRE engine in place of the Z Pinch, but I wanted the Z Pinch quite badly. Besides, it looks better.

BKD3m3v.png

Nice side view of the whole ship. It can comfortably house 4 crew. Those 4 crew will probably be on their way out to explore the system and do science soon enough. This is the part where other solar systems would be good (This isn't me suggesting more systems; I'm merely saying the ship would be suited to exploring such places, so nobody get angry please :confused:). Even more planets would be nice at this point, but I'm steering clear of that Planet Factory mod. Don't like it. The new stock-game planets will need to go somewhere, and I personally don't want to have them competing with Sentar or Ablate for space.

For now though, I think Jool beckons...

Album updated with return pictures. New launcher and LEM performed as expected.

That's an amazing looking Apollo/SLS replica! I especially like the LEM. Why does it have four engines in the descent stage though? Wouldn't one be sufficient?

My own (far less good looking) lander has now completed its shakedown cruise to the mun, after two aborted missions. The four (slightly battered) Kerbals, pose for a crew picture after driving the rover down a steep slope at some 42 m/s, losing the sensor nose, docking port, the engine, and various other bits and pieces. They're still alive though, and had not even used half of their oxygen supply.

Z6vzeK8.png

arriving at Skelton from Erin

10876842244_a5c2da1bba_c.jpg

10876701025_2d850a0955_b.jpg

in retrospect, I don't think I should've put the ion engines on the thing, I had enough fuel left in the tanks to land whole rocket (it tipped over though)

10877004013_a2f1d41747_b.jpg

10876705785_ed6c167d35_o.png

10876843154_7dbe420261_c.jpg

the leftover ion-engine base now makes for a pretty nifty looking antenna!