Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

No it's not. All you have to do is copy the direct link into the "Insert Image" popup. It's the simplest thing in the world.

I usually use IE, and it works fine there. Must be something with Chrome.

Yeah, I think chrome just hates postimage, everything works fine in firefox, go figure.

And to make this post remotely applicable to this thread, this is why we do unmanned testing of every new design:

ipu0.jpg

Did another mission in the Musketeer Program. Musketeer 4 took Rorey Kerman into a 500*500 km orbit, which was then adjusted to 120*120 to test Musketeer's propulsion.

The new Musketeer 1.1 uses the same launcher as the previous model but has a CO2 recycler instead of an O2 tank, along with a smaller fuel tank to drop its mass, extra batteries, and an antenna for constant communication with mission control.

3hd7JFd.png

"If you look to your left you will see some nice clouds down in the atmosphere."

"Rorey, stop messing around and do the science we gave you."

R8dLk8A.png

Did some edits to another screenshot from the mission. Not super happy with how it turned out but it has a cool old look.

screenshot26737.png

"Listen, Derrick, it wasn't your fault. A mechanical failure."

"Yeah. Sure. Not my fault Starheight's scrapped for half a year."

screenshot26695.png

The mission had been simple - rendezvous with Starheight 1 in low Kerbin orbit and stay in space for five weeks. Aboard the flight was a crew of three - Derrick, Harbro, and Luke Kerman.

screenshot26712.png

The mission went exactly as planned, orbit insertion and everything. Future missions of the Atlas Crew Transport will include a probe core on the orbital stage in order to eliminate space debris. It was during the docking phase that trouble appeared.

screenshot26721.png

The magnetic latches on the Atlas's docking port failed to align properly, making it impossible to pressurize the tunnel. Derrick performed a short EVA to inspect the damage.

screenshot26722.png

"Affirmative, EVC can confirm latch malfunction. Negative on tunnel pressurization."

Then something even more disastrous happened. Upon attempting to undock, the aligning latches held and the system broke completely, ripping off Starheight 1's port and sending both vessels into a spin. The Atlas slammed into the station twice, the second time destroying one solar panel. Had Derrick been outside the ship, he would have been thrown away Gravity-style, possibly tearing his suit in the process. Starheight's systems managed to stabilize the single-launch station, but the internals were damaged and there wasn't enough power to keep the instruments running. Starheight was locked into safe mode as the Atlas struggled to realign itself.

screenshot26729.png

The mission an objective failure, Atlas 1 pointed retrograde, fired its engine, and decoupled the service module. Derrick was devastated. He somehow felt the failure was his fault.

screenshot26739.png

"Listen, we'll be on the ground soon. There's nothing you could have done. There'll be another station."

"Maybe, but we won't be on it."

Harbro sat up.

"I'm not so sure about that."

screenshot26741.png

Thus ends my first major venture into mods. I can send up another station easy as you please, but wow. Docking with KOSMOS nodes is hard.

My condolences on the docking fail SuperWeegee. :( Even with the regular-sized Kerbin, that's a pain to deal with.

Just a descent test for my new Gemini recreation, known as "Cavalier."

UGSJN6M.png

Naturally, Jeb was taking a nap in the prototype capsule and was rudely awakened to the roar and acceleration of a Mainsail accelerating the test capsule and orbital stage up to about 30km. Not fun.

♫Woah-oh!♪

♫We're heading for Eve ♪ (Ee-ve)... ♪And so we stand tall.♪♪

*guitar sound*

KHmW1TJ.png

♪And maybe we'll comebaaack... To Kerbin, who can tell...yeah♫

LkhrV27.png

♫♪ With so many light-seconds to go... and things to found!♫ (To be fou-ouund) ♪♫♪

jPFaLA8.png

♪♫♪Will things ever be the same again? ♫♪

*Drum sounds.*

(Bum ba-dum bump bum bum.)

♫Its the final countdown!♫

♪ Da-da da. Da da dat-da dah. ♪ Da-da dah da. ♫Da da dat dat dat da...♪

Edited by Tw1

♫Woah-oh!♪

♫We're heading for Eve ♪ (Ee-ve)... ♪And so we stand tall.♪♪

*guitar sound*

KHmW1TJ.png

♪And maybe we'll comebaaack... To Kerbin, who can tell...yeah♫

LkhrV27.png

♫♪ With so many light-seconds to go... and things to found!♫ (To be fou-ouund) ♪♫♪

jPFaLA8.png

♪♫♪Will things ever be the same again? ♫♪

*Drum sounds.*

(Bum ba-dum bump bum bum.)

♫Its the final countdown!♫

♪ Da-da da. Da da dat-da dah. ♪ Da-da dah da. ♫Da da dat dat dat da...♪

LOL XD

I can't breath...

More Cavalier Program stuff!

First flight (Cavalier 1), suborbital using Hephaestus launcher.

1iYKXgx.png

kxUiY9U.png

Crew: Bill and Bob Kerman

Cavalier 2, orbital using Anarchist 1.1 launcher (same as Musketeer and OCS)

WDeptiR.png

vSyWrCs.png

NiH7q6c.png

Crew: Bill and Calzer Kerman

On my to way to Vall, I had an interesting and rare 'eclipse' of sorts..

649e1427528b4586e478c74bba2242a6.png

22c6e7fca4b3ec44457190ede191638c.png

Don't know if there is a name for one moon blocking the site of another one but I thought it was pretty cool

Then the Jool system had its way with me..

04f284c76d2a7660e4659c1937145701.png

I deorbited one of my spaceplane that I forgot more than 400 days in orbit.

screenshot146.png

screenshot147.png

Had a little problem landing there, didn't see that the terrain was so bumpy.

screenshot148.png

And in the continuation of my Eeloo colonization plan, I deployed a Kethane Sat.

screenshot150.png

screenshot151.png

screenshot153.png