Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Okay, so I am building this mission to Eeloo. Already got the fuel barge to Eeloo, but, what about my lander and cruise stage? Well... Um... I think I borrowed some of Whackjob, because this is just ridiculous...

Top down of the Cruise Stage on the pad.

hy67.png

Side view of the Cruise Stage on the pad. yes, you are seeing this RIGHT. That is 16 2.5m SRBs strapped to a 5m Central Core...

kg7y.png

The Lander and Cruise Stage in a parking orbit waiting for 1 last launch to join it. A refueling barge before it leaves home.

p232.png

I think I may have over built this....

just adding on here:

Refueling barge for the Cruise Stage during Ascent, Orbital Operations over KSC itself, seeing its only sunrise that it will ever see in orbit, and linked up with the Cruise Stage/Lander providing RCS fuel and Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer to the Cruise Stage/Lander.

y629.png

ofyf.png

mht5.png

pah8.png

Edited by AlamoVampire

KSP_DresLander_LowOrbit_zpsc8141601.jpg

At long last Dres Lander 1 arrives in low orbit to scout out landing sites. Dres Lander 2 is only two days behind it.

KSP_Gusbro_MunSalvage_zpsb2da8072.jpg

Gusbro Kerman seems happy to be touring the crash site of my first Munbase attempt. Maybe he thinks there's a salvage bounty or something?

-- Steve

My mostly-complete space station, SCI Hansbach. Fairly small by forum standards, but it's my biggest station to date, and the first one to require assembly by space tug. Just noticed I got the moon in the background too lol:

1488687_10152004900490939_166152722_n.jpg

My first FAR plane to actually work reasonably well. And I love that it's functionally similar to the A-10:

1513249_10152004900420939_165390016_n.jpg

And the requisite shot of Kerbin from inside a capsule bound for distant lands.

1374832_10152004900400939_1203444481_n.jpg

I just made yet another space shuttle! However, this one ACTUALLY WORKS! (I've gotten many, many others to space before, but they were all terrible):wink:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think I just found the secret to having a successful space shuttle: DON'T give the orbiter an internal liquid fuel/oxidizer supply, an RCS OMS system is much better. I have found that the sheer weight (like 20 tons) of the fuel makes the shuttle really sluggish and nearly impossible/impractical to launch to orbit. All of the fuel will either take away from the max payload capacity, and/or just be used up on launch.:P This space shuttle only weights 20 tons (compared to 70 tons orbiters of the same size). It has an initial TwR of 2, and plenty of extra fuel to lift a large payload.:D

And besides, didn't the real Space Shuttle use a RCS powered OMS?