Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I'm working on a large project right now to develop my first real Mun base. I've had bases on other planets before but with the advent of hydraulic landing legs I've decided to take a different tack. I've gone for a super detailed look and plan to carry on the theme right the way through.

This is the first module. It's a habitation module with a maximum capacity of something like 36, but for the purposes realism of space (and my sanity) will probably only house around 6 or 8 Kerbals.

screenshot506_zpsfefe6aa5.png

As you can see it has a hydraulic leveling system, and makes use of the long Munar days to charge the battery bank hidden underneath the base with it's large solar facility.

screenshot498_zps37ca4133.png

screenshot492_zps02754917.png

Access to the base is via 2 balconies, but there is a senior docking port on the end of the habitation module which I have options for.

screenshot497_zps121c930d.png

Re-entry from a steep interplanetary trajectory coming from Jool, coincidentally ending up near the KSC:

E9p25kV.png

Approaching the KSC:

RYXTHGk.png

The shuttle landed semi-succesfully: The engines fell off, but the rest of the spacecraft survived. It was the only shuttle docked to the interplanetary craft that was carrying it.

Edited by SargeRho

The "Mosquito" Kethane extractor probe.

It's designed to land on the moon, fill up on kethane and convert some fuel to return to the space station. The vertical rockets are on adjustable rails to fix the CoT when the kethane sac gets full.

http://i.imgur.com/eHdAbkb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tbqfCUn.png

http://i.imgur.com/7bdUJHV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uJbDd4Qh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3OV5WcZh.jpg

This thing is awesome! What a great idea! What were you inspired from? A Mosquito that bit you? :-D

Testing yet another space shuttle:

6Bzm6Oe.png

nVjHvja.png

08Xiebn.png

I've made many of these shuttles, but none of them were actually useful, and I have an SSTO that can deliver 20 tons to Minmus, but it takes a half an hour just to get to space.;.; So, my goal is to create a shuttle that is able to do my everyday work, meaning that it would need a huge cargo-bay and a maximum payload capacity of at least 36 tons (an orange tank).

So far, this shuttle has a hard time (but can) lifting 0 tons of payload. On launch, the wings attempted (and nearly succeeded) to veer the shuttle of course and flip it. On landing it was to heavy to flare (pitch up), and smeared itself all over the runway.:sealed:

Edited by RocketPilot573

The hell man, you're 200 freakin' meters above the ground!

I mean, how did you rendevouz under that situation?

By using a ship in a higher orbit to rendezvous with the lander pod. I ran out of fuel in the lander pod doing a plane change burn and got stuck with that orbit. Everything else was just luck.

The Defenestrator IV

0x6xVyK.jpg?1?3462

Bored with single missions I set off on a simple premise: To visit and land on every planet and moon not returning to Kerbin or getting resupply until done. An engineering feat, test of skill and planning, resource managing etc, it was and still is a fun project. After a many designs and disasters, this the one that got closest to this mission is the Defenestrator IV. The first 3 went Def 1: Tore itself apart in orbit, 4x antimatter thrusters was too much for it. Def 2: Spontaneous disassemble event while entering warp. Def 3: Complete strut linkage failure on the stitching (big bugs with mods). But this one made it most of the way and is parked in Jool at the halfway mark.

Features: Command pod is also the lander. 4 Parasite dock jr full science probe/landers (reusable return from no/low atmo/grav worlds for science pod processing and refurbishing), 1xUAV parasite vessel for atmo science, 1 Kethane mining unit lander and power generator, 1 remote tug, 1 x 2 seat rover and many other features using the following mods to make this ship reusable and self sustaining. (was once 8xProbe, 2 kethane, 2xUAVs but the part count was too high and frame rate was unplayable)

Mods used:

1: KW rocketry

2: Kerbal attachment system

3: Kethane

4: Interstellar

But I love this shot above of Jool rise over Laythe. This ship just looked good to me had a nice feel, and many hours/days of work to get this ship to look and act the way I wanted. Do give it a shot, make a mother-ship style vessel and attach away, visit all the moons and planets and set yourself the goal of , 1 lander, 1 UAV, 1 rover, several reusable probes, science pod, kethane refueling and have your own Trek through the Kerbin system :3

Time doesn´t reduce awesomeness^^

Btw.: Nice F-22 and F-23, flown together by Multiplayer Mod?

I just downloaded them. :)

And the mod I used is called Persistent Trails. It's awesome, first you fly a plane normally and record the flight, save the recording, revert flight, play the recording, and fly on the side of the recorded plane. It makes stuff like that possible. :)

eappWSs.png

Simultaneous VTOL flying.