Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

The Defenestrator IV

http://i.imgur.com/0x6xVyK.jpg?1?3462

Bored with single missions I set off on a simple premise: To visit and land on every planet and moon not returning to Kerbin or getting resupply until done. An engineering feat, test of skill and planning, resource managing etc, it was and still is a fun project. After a many designs and disasters, this the one that got closest to this mission is the Defenestrator IV. The first 3 went Def 1: Tore itself apart in orbit, 4x antimatter thrusters was too much for it. Def 2: Spontaneous disassemble event while entering warp. Def 3: Complete strut linkage failure on the stitching (big bugs with mods). But this one made it most of the way and is parked in Jool at the halfway mark.

Features: Command pod is also the lander. 4 Parasite dock jr full science probe/landers (reusable return from no/low atmo/grav worlds for science pod processing and refurbishing), 1xUAV parasite vessel for atmo science, 1 Kethane mining unit lander and power generator, 1 remote tug, 1 x 2 seat rover and many other features using the following mods to make this ship reusable and self sustaining. (was once 8xProbe, 2 kethane, 2xUAVs but the part count was too high and frame rate was unplayable)

Mods used:

1: KW rocketry

2: Kerbal attachment system

3: Kethane

4: Interstellar

But I love this shot above of Jool rise over Laythe. This ship just looked good to me had a nice feel, and many hours/days of work to get this ship to look and act the way I wanted. Do give it a shot, make a mother-ship style vessel and attach away, visit all the moons and planets and set yourself the goal of , 1 lander, 1 UAV, 1 rover, several reusable probes, science pod, kethane refueling and have your own Trek through the Kerbin system :3

Awesome! Although you have to admit, KSP Interstellar makes that kind of mission laughably easy compared to attempting it with only stock or stockalike mods.

I finally had a Kraken attack on one of my probes. Odd part was I wasn't controlling it at the time or anywhere close enough to have physics active on it. I just looked in the tracking station and saw it had split apart. Below was the result...

j0AaOOv.png

At the time of the screenshot, it was traveling at 41,521.75 times the speed of light.

Been spending the greater part of the day designing my All Purpose Exploratory Vehicle. It doubles as both a remotely controlled and manned rover depending on need and has the room for any number of experiments, supplies, etc that conform to its height restriction (no taller than the docking port).

I plan on using it as the basis for my Duna Mobile Exploratory Laboratory (It will be the first thing I've ever put on another planet) as well as a general work vehicle for my Mun colony.

zl8v8Db.jpg

Test runs on Kerbin have proven very promising, as it can maintain its top speed (20m/s IIRC) and turn at those speeds without issue. Has issues with hilly areas (I have to keep it going slow or it will flip over), which I believe my now-installed fully installed RCS thrusters will help compensate for.

I just downloaded them. :)

And the mod I used is called Persistent Trails. It's awesome, first you fly a plane normally and record the flight, save the recording, revert flight, play the recording, and fly on the side of the recorded plane. It makes stuff like that possible. :)

http://i.imgur.com/eappWSs.png

Simultaneous VTOL flying.

Thx! I'll give it a shot. The cockpit looks very nice, too! Omg, I don't know how much mods my KSP install can stand :-)

Awesome! Although you have to admit, KSP Interstellar makes that kind of mission laughably easy compared to attempting it with only stock or stockalike mods.

Totally agree. Ive since uninstalled Interstellar (very bitter sweet to do so, I loved it but it was over reaching with the current build of KSP and basic rocketry IMHO : "Wanted- KSP Interstellar light") so Ive started a new career with my faves, KW rocketry for that polished beauty of tank and engine design without the O-Pness of interstellar, kethane and kerbal attachment system (even though it causes so many spontaneous explosive events I cant live without it now lol)

The Defenestrator V is in the works, but I dread the amount of kethane refueling I will need to do on the whistle stop tour of the kerbal systems planet on moons in the mission I set myself. New challenge of beauty and functionality awaits!... Im going to need more coffee

Well, it kinda makes more sense where it is, but we were used to it being in General Discussion.

Why mods, why u do dis.

It was actually moved here once before, but then was moved back, and now it's here again...:confused: But originally, it was in General Discussion.

This is the second module of the base project I've just started and it's rather enormous. It's supposed to be a completely sealed unit for long term living and science in comparative luxury. Goes with the first module, pictured below also for posterity.

You can see the skycrane flying away in the background:

screenshot2_zps90f60dee.png

Solar factory on the roof powering the facility:

screenshot6_zpsc3a88ab5.png

Expansive greenhouse assists with air recycling and cuts down on the need for supplies:

screenshot12_zps10443649.png

The first module, designed for the most remote Munar outpost conditions:

screenshot473_zps97178624.png

I've long enjoyed this thread, so it's time to contribute. A friend and I compare KSP missions and designs, but the screenshot function on Linux has a tendency to crash the game, so I've just been snapping shots on my iPhone and uploading them to iCloud. Sometimes the interference is annoying, but occasionally the shot looks more "real" than a screenshot, somehow. Enjoy! https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A8JtdOXmGa4uOi

The Defenestrator IV

http://i.imgur.com/0x6xVyK.jpg?1?3462

Bored with single missions I set off on a simple premise: To visit and land on every planet and moon not returning to Kerbin or getting resupply until done. An engineering feat, test of skill and planning, resource managing etc, it was and still is a fun project. After a many designs and disasters, this the one that got closest to this mission is the Defenestrator IV. The first 3 went Def 1: Tore itself apart in orbit, 4x antimatter thrusters was too much for it. Def 2: Spontaneous disassemble event while entering warp. Def 3: Complete strut linkage failure on the stitching (big bugs with mods). But this one made it most of the way and is parked in Jool at the halfway mark.

Features: Command pod is also the lander. 4 Parasite dock jr full science probe/landers (reusable return from no/low atmo/grav worlds for science pod processing and refurbishing), 1xUAV parasite vessel for atmo science, 1 Kethane mining unit lander and power generator, 1 remote tug, 1 x 2 seat rover and many other features using the following mods to make this ship reusable and self sustaining. (was once 8xProbe, 2 kethane, 2xUAVs but the part count was too high and frame rate was unplayable)

Mods used:

1: KW rocketry

2: Kerbal attachment system

3: Kethane

4: Interstellar

But I love this shot above of Jool rise over Laythe. This ship just looked good to me had a nice feel, and many hours/days of work to get this ship to look and act the way I wanted. Do give it a shot, make a mother-ship style vessel and attach away, visit all the moons and planets and set yourself the goal of , 1 lander, 1 UAV, 1 rover, several reusable probes, science pod, kethane refueling and have your own Trek through the Kerbin system :3

very nice :)