Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Oh crap...

-snip-

While I'm sure it was probably a great tragedy to all involved... I chuckled. Sorry :P

Anyway, I have pictures of my own. The Constellation class cruiser has sort of had... offspring.

OlVjyY4.png

Big offspring. Like, bigger-than-the-ship-that-spawned-it offspring. Meet the Enterprise class cruiser.

fIS6BNn.png

Fusion engine, greenhouses, centrifuge, and space for 14 kerbals (12 standard), this thing is one of the biggest ships I've commissioned. Pretty damn sleek, too.

QlWIKWZ.png

Lengas takes you on a tour along the length of the ship, which seeing as this is the first of its class, is called Enterprise (well, IEV Enterprise ENT-051-A).

nGcIf9Z.png

One of the more notable changes was an increase in habitable space; a hitchhiker can used to reside where the inflatable module now sits, which increases the crew capacity by two. Add to that the huge amount of extra space inside the inflatable hab, plus the greenhouses (despite the fact that kerbals can't actually go in there), centrifuge, and command section, and the crew have a lot of space to do stuff in.

iy9pEjc.png

Someone's happy. I think he knows what sort of mission a ship like this is intended for...

ynGkTtM.png

One beast of an engine (and several truckloads of fuel) mean that the ship should be able to go everywhere in one mission with only a few refuelling stops along the way.

The new Enterprise is currently awaiting complete refuelling; it already has its crew and landers. Before it can commence its mission, though, there are still a few vehicles that need developing or positioning, namely the Eve and Tylo landers; I tell you, a grand tour is one helluva lot of work :confused:

Did some experimenting with SSTO design and came up with the Arro Flechette.

KSP_Arro_Fleche_Orbit_zps0171b6e4.jpg

KSP_Arro_Fleche_Profile_zps1cf36013.jpg

I'm still testing it's orbital maneuverability... it's a bit gutless under rocket power, so high-speed rendezvous might be a problem, but it's remarkably effective on its jet. (Even without airhogging it was still accellerating at 32km altitude.)

-- Steve

Edited by Anton P. Nym

Sent up DV-103 Dromedary with a Hexapuma rover. It made orbit, barely. The Juice Boxes were slurping every bit of power the engines generated, and then some. It was really hairy for a few minutes, trying to keep the payload balanced under thrust and the engines supplied with fuel, but once she got up to 20km above the densest portion of the atmosphere, the solar panels could come out to assist, and the wings dropped in-line with the CoM.

gfZ8meu.png

She's currently orbiting sedately in standby while the LRC TranStar Goliath takes up her own parking orbit at 500km.

hY3tXjF.png

NVxaLmI.png

zbxgEks.png

pQWLkQM.png

With Goliath's deployment activities nearly complete, Dromedary will proceed on its intercept and delivery maneuver.

Is it just that I've been away for a bit, or has the quality of photos in this thread increased?

Anyway, I'm putting a kerbal in orbit.

qW37phd.png

....bit by bit.

:cool:

O2l7O64.png

As I was binging on TV tropes pages make something seem less sad, I came a cross a trope called "Faceship".

And thought the Kerbals could use one.

wEkz6eX.png

IYHiE9p.png

On an inclined orbit to reach KSC2, this will be my new international kerbin station.

Edited by Tw1

This is my refueling or should I say FUELING mission, since it went up with only RCS fuel on the station. This is the Kerbal Orbital Sciences Complex orbiting Kerbin at 300 or so KM at an inclination of 45 degrees. I tested this station in the sandbox mode for use in Career at some point. anyway, this is the fueling mission.

in order: initial docking approach. Had too many lights on the fuel ship, washed the entire station out. second picture is a change of sides, to make refueling the 6 RCS tanks on that side a touch easier. next up is the atmospheric entry interface and shock heating. next up is approach into KSC, and finally is touch down near the launch pad.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is my refueling or should I say FUELING mission, since it went up with only RCS fuel on the station. This is the Kerbal Orbital Sciences Complex orbiting Kerbin at 300 or so KM at an inclination of 45 degrees. I tested this station in the sandbox mode for use in Career at some point. anyway, this is the fueling mission.

in order: initial docking approach. Had too many lights on the fuel ship, washed the entire station out. second picture is a change of sides, to make refueling the 6 RCS tanks on that side a touch easier. next up is the atmospheric entry interface and shock heating. next up is approach into KSC, and finally is touch down near the launch pad.

http://imgur.com/a/Erra9

I think it needed more solar panels :sticktongue: