NuclearWarfare

Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

*sniff*

I was trying to have a somewhat emotional evening, so I decided to go through the oldest screenshots I have on this computer. There are older ones (on the brick and the potato, respectively) so I didn't expect to see anything tear jerking. I was wrong.

I just got - it's been so long since I've actually played KSP. I mean, recently I've done RO/RP-0, which is fun... Before that I got sucked up into writing, which means playing to follow a story in a specific direction. It also limits you because if you get too far ahead in gameplay then you don't remember how to make the story...

It's been several months, if not a year.

Man.

In this album of screenshots I found screenshot number 326.

nZa9r6Y.png

This screenshot, for me, represents future memories and lost dreams simultaneously.

I'm ashamed I can't even remember the order of my early crewed planetary expeditions. Before this came Dunarian IVB, another Duna mission, an Orion style Eve flyby, a Jool flyby maybe... And I'm 90% sure this was before I tried to recreate Kusster's Eve story in my own save...

Anyways, this was the launch of - oh. I forgot its name. Silly me.

This was one of my first 5 or so manned interplanetary expeditions, way back in 1.0.5. I remember it was a very special occasion, particularly because it was my first manned interplanetary voyage in career mode. All earlier attempts were in sandbox. I remember I went all out - I built giant fireworks, I downloaded someone's crew transport bus and spelled "EVE" on the back using linear RCS ports... I made the epic looking launch tower which included an interior ladder, an upper observation deck, and an almost functional (those fairings) crew boarding arm.

The six souls onboard became, if I recall correctly, the first Kerbals to land on Gilly for me, ever. In fact, one Kerbal, I forget who, became the first part to touch Gilly, before even the landing legs. The return mission nearly ended in disaster, however, due to a low fuel margin and a terribly built spaceplane... Okay, I admit, I may have used ignore max temperature...

The point is, I kept looking through my screenshots... I found so much unfinished business... my first Mun and Minmus bases, several careers, two pre Project-Intrepid Intrepid prototypes, an asteroid station, and the big one: Jool Expedition Two.

Jool Expedition Two was supposed to be a follow up to Jool Expedition One, a flotilla that sent ten or so ships to Jool (and landed Kerbals on Bop, Pol, Tylo, and Laythe, but not Vall). It left the mothership behind due to a lack of fuel where it became Vall Station Petersen. The Laythe plane is still on Laythe, the SSTO still in orbit... the ScanSat still orbiting Pol... waiting for years to be used...

And there was that one way Laythe base...

*sigh*

If only I had an infinite amount of time on my hands...

41NJLsc.png

DDsqnn0.png

gf0HtVI.png

P784bBX.png

V9ELnNc.png

R1sqXZ8.png

IxWsJYw.png

EDIT: Another relatable but non KSP gif:

Image result for outlaw star gene gif

All I know about this picture is that I have seen it around and it's from an anime somewhere, but it looks really cool... man, I wish we made rockets like that...

Edited by Ultimate Steve

Kinda like the look of this one.

3rSV4XZ.png

Yet more images from my 1.3 career game.

A return vehicle sent up to bring back home the crew of a couple of Kerbin orbiting stations.AavqHj5.png

One of the crew of the Eve 1 inspecting the topping up with fuel for the long trip ahead. Fuel kindly supplied by the fuel section of a contract Minmus station. Eve 1 will be dropping of a comms relay and and Eve rover, while the crew gets to land on Gilly to mine for fuel for the trip home.sgus9yx.png

After a couple of years on the surface Mun Base 2 is back in Mun orbit, ready to refuel then return home.FJJl7Ez.png

Some luck guy got to take this little speedster out to plant flags at the end of the runway for returning spaceplane navigation.BVyK347.png

Talking of which, a spaceplane in orbit.UwzTCIT.png

Then later when picking up the engineer from a contract Mun ISRU vehicle in Kerbin orbit.65NLbps.png

Another spaceplane enabled crew return mission, this time from a contract station which had an insane mono specification. At least it had some LF and LO to top up its visitor.9hmas49.png

Edited by purpleivan

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

Kinda like the look of this one.

Oh... no... DON'T YOU DARE!!! :D:D:D

5 hours ago, michal.don said:

Oh... no... DON'T YOU DARE!!! :D:D:D

TBH, its a bit too large to be practical. Unless I get a part welder or something.....

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

Crap. Boss is totally gonna notice this one...

Reminds me of a video I made a while back Going Up

On 9/29/2017 at 11:00 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

41NJLsc.png

What engines are those spelling EVE on the back? Look like they'd be good for a VTOL plane.

2 minutes ago, Starlord Kerman said:

What engines are those spelling EVE on the back? Look like they'd be good for a VTOL plane.

Those are the inline RCS thrusters. Might be useful for a tiny VTOL plane, but not much else. They are pretty small and have pretty bad sea level isp.

Posted (edited)

Pictures from two failed unmanned Eve landings, I don't even know if the modified Mun rocket or the SRBs will work cause I can't get them to land properly.

The first attempt had a ignition failure causing the main engine to not start, making it land too hard destroying the legs.

Spoiler

First attempt.

20171003161547_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2m

20171003162107_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2m

20171003162719_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2m

So far so good.

20171003162837_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

Landed too hard.

20171003163006_2_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

Attempt number 2

Spoiler

Eve has fog?

20171003164512_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

The fog must be getting thicker.

20171003165917_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

That wasn't fog.

20171003170346_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

20171003170548_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2k

These setbacks wont stop me from doing a manned mission to Eve's surface and back, I'll keep trying.

Edited by Pudgemountain
Premature posting again.

So I've recently set out to building bases on the two moons of Kerbin. I currently have a Mun base with 1 rover, 1 escape craft (which will only allow one person to escape, because bad design choice), the autonomous lander that brought two rovers there (blew one rover up, because I'm stupid), and of course the habitation and laboratory craft.

https://gyazo.com/96cf440c4376e54c01658d3cb2dfd154

I also currently have a Minmus base in LKO orbit, which also carries two rovers and a habitation/laboratory craft. I'm awaiting the satellites to be put in a polar orbit of Minmus, so I have constant communication. I apparently don't have a picture of my Minmus base, and since I don't feel like opening up KSP, I'll show a picture of my SSTO rocket that took the parts into orbit.

https://gyazo.com/5c2fc46177af073ebd8602fb178c644a

It's theoretically capable of 100 tons to LKO, and I learned a lot from my first launch. Mainly, I should shield my probe core so it doesn't almost explode.

https://gyazo.com/c66daaa52549c3720b5413070e915b9a

Anyways, I plan on using that rocket to lift heavy payloads into LKO. These payloads will subsequently power themselves off to other moons and planets. I am planning on a Duna mission, which will bring a base, some rovers, some satellites, and some kerbals over to Duna. It's gonna be a complex mission to say the least, and I plan on putting together a mission report of the whole excursion. It will be my first interplanetary mission ever in KSP, so I'm both excited and nervous.

1 minute ago, Scteam said:

I currently have a Mun base with 1 rover, 1 escape craft (which will only allow one person to escape, because bad design choice), the autonomous lander that brought two rovers there (blew one rover up, because I'm stupid), and of course the habitation and laboratory craft

That is one cool-looking rover! 

2 hours ago, monstah said:

That is one cool-looking rover! 

Thank you. I was going for maximum usability, but I also wanted the aesthetics to be pleasant too. The only thing I didn't like was the satellite dish on the front of the rover. I plan on refining the design for my Duna missions.

hFkIGaF.jpg

This is my favourite screenshot from New Horizons so far. Taken just before re-entry.

This is my latest creation, and a retirement home for my 5-star Kerbals. I call it "Puff Ball Station". It holds about 850 Kerbals, 4 small scooters and one scooter built around a Klaw. It was going to be in a Keostationary orbit, but the first part of it ran out of run a few tens of kilometers to low, so I built it there. It took 6 launches to assemble.

0NBgQnW.png

On 9/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

Image result for outlaw star gene gif

All I know about this picture is that I have seen it around and it's from an anime somewhere, but it looks really cool... man, I wish we made rockets like that...

Outlaw Star. Thats the name of the anime. 

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

ksZdfsD.png

There's a story behind this, Not sure if I wanna know what it is.

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

ksZdfsD.png

What the ????

HzuoYk2.png

EK8ZDQL.png

Water and clouds on the Mun, WTH??

Zosma:

I'd suggest attaching a small booster to one docking port and very gently and carefully nudging it up to true keostationary altitude.

Gemini 3 and 4 flying in formation following the first successful rendezvous of two manned spacecraft

F4kdBZl.jpg

Qcrx1GQ.jpg

VFU3k2k.jpg