Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Decided to do the Ike flyby with DOP-1 despite my concerns with deltaV.

9BIwHW2.png

Flight plan, only ~140 m/s.

KgNKnSY.png

Approaching Ike, nothing too fancy.

*Periapsis was in the dark, so no screenshots*

KBqxuEe.png

Leaving Ike... that's it. Are you still looking at this caption? Seriously, KEEP SCROLLING.

Once I got out of Ike's SoI, I burned to lower my Duna periapsis to 60km, then dropped my apoapsis to 600 at periapsis. That's it.

Made a 3D model of an in-game rocket.

Man, I *wish* I could do something like that! I've got the 3D models; just need a 3D printer that can produce decent enough resolution and large enough objects for me to refine and paint. That's the best part of building models!

(Well, that, and catching a nice buzz off the glue...)

I tried to build an electric helicopter. Look at the number of pages of this thread. I'm cursed.

Image appropriate for the pagenumber.

Content; here's an old image during testing of my earlier designs, check out them textures of Kerbin. Dark ages.

71FlYlG.jpg

My micro SSTO docked to a ground-based refueling station at Laythe. There's enough gas here for tens of hours of pleasure cruising around Laythe, and if I don't have the range to get to the place I need to go, I can go up to orbit and dock with my station.

5I1BC.png

5I1EX.png

5I1FN.png

Image appropriate for the pagenumber.

Content; here's an old image during testing of my earlier designs, check out them textures of Kerbin. Dark ages.

71FlYlG.jpg

What do you mean, this looks exactly like my game...

(lololdmachineftw)

Soooooo, can anyone guess what happened? Seriously, guess!

-- image snip --

EDIT: *sigh* and look at the page number too... this just has not been my best day...

Is that explosions in the background? I suspect you EVA your kerbal just before the inevitable.

Is that explosions in the background? I suspect you EVA your kerbal just before the inevitable.

Yep... The plane had way more than enough fuel to get home. It was my fault for not paying attention to the terrain...

JEEEEEEBBB!!

NZs6Imz.png

Several bits survived, but not the cockpit.

HcR9Xsk.png

Long story short, Jeb lived to tell the story!

7xivVrI.png

This game really need some sort of a warning system, something like: "Whoop! Whoop! Terrain! Pull UP Pull UP!"

Either you have serious temperature management or flow management problems, or your mesh is borked on export. What are you exporting meshes with anyway?

I'd love to go over this, since I'm still learning about 3D printing. I don't want to clog up this picture thread though. I've posted the same results with a bit more detail in the .craft to 3D file thread. I'd be happy to go over in more detail what I did there.

What could this be! A space-based super weapon?!

-- images snip --

Oh, just a bunch of air brakes.

-- images snip --

According to my tests I should be able to land without a parachute, and survive! hopefully...

-- images snip --

:huh:

That made me laugh! :D

Yep... The plane had way more than enough fuel to get home. It was my fault for not paying attention to the terrain...

This game really need some sort of a warning system, something like: "Whoop! Whoop! Terrain! Pull UP Pull UP!"

Are there any mods that add an audible terrain warning?

Went to Dres after a mission to Duna. I had a lander but its nothing more than a capsule now, docked to an interplanetary propulsion module which I had to use for landing.

viih4g.png

Getting back into the capsule is a bit tricky now; Bob took off a solar panel during one of his attempts.

2z8x639.png

I continued with the space station expansion project:

Here's Kethane mining vessel heading for docking at the KSS:

screenshot32.png

It docked, fueled up and headed off for docking at Minmus Mining station. Docked, Kethane Mining Vessel undocked ready to mine and return with more fuel:

screenshot8.png

Returning with fuel:

screenshot1-1.png

Having docked and transferred, Space Station 2 (yet to properly named depending on where it goes) transfers from Kerbal and docks with the Fuelling station:

screenshot10-1.png

Where next? .....