Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

The first space flight of the Starlight crew Shuttle:

6qKch00.png

Designed to fulfil the role of a reusable crew transfer vehicle, the Starlight can fly out to Mun or Minmus. It will need partially refuelling in order to return to Kerbin safely, though.

W911IL8.png

Today, we're heading to the Libra Memorial Outpost in LMO to swap two of its 3 crew for two of our crew members.

C5vkvb4.png

Awkward moment when the shuttle is as big as (if not bigger than) your space station...

d35V2wl.png

En route home now. Actually, they orbited back out to near Minmus again to maximise fuel efficiency by performing an aerobrake. Why they didn't think of this on the first orbit down to periapsis is questionable, really.

zxgHIHy.png

Eventually, a week into the mission, they descend to the surface...

nmBfQvt.png

...only to somehow lose both the tail fins in a bit of atmospheric turbulence (physical time warp...). No-one was injured, fortunately, and despite this mishap, the vehicle has been cleared for operational use.

First fly-by (with free return!) of the Mün on my new .23 save.

I thought 4 kilometers would be a good margin, but Jeb zipped past with just 200m to spare. Who knew those crater edges were so high?

http://i.imgur.com/FIXcDbq.png

Woah there, I don't know if the three parachutes is going to be enough for that giant pod. :) Nicely-done.

On my way back to KSC I flew over the mountains, and I noticed something odd and decided to get a bit closer to have look. As got to around 7km I started to see a hole in the middle of the mountain line so I put myself on a course to fly over it. At first I thought it might have been a rendering problem, but as I got closer I seen it was actually how the terrain was suppose to be. Not a great shot, but I thought it looked interesting...

vzjd.png

Bob, Bill and Jebediah left Kerbin 350 days ago in a mission to Duna. The ship was meant to return to Kerbin after activities on Duna were done, but Jebediah insisted on going to Dres. When trying to reach Kerbin from Dres, it became clear that the transfer was horribly timed. The hellish Eve was ironically the last chance for the Kerbonauts to avoid drifting into interplanetary space for at least 10 years, as they were running low on fuel. Now they're in orbit around Eve with a broken ship and exactly 5 units of liquid fuel and 8,4 units of oxydizer.

1220orr.png

[TABLE=width: 800]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]Tanks for the tweakables, SQUAD! These RULE!

Made a research aircraft to start gathering some more science in career mode, since I don't *quite* have the parts needed to reach the Mün and back yet, and I'm not satisfied with the paltry gains from transmitting the results.

The "Wyvern" is a seriously rock-solid plane, and can jettison the extra engines to save weight for the landing, once it reaches its destination.

screenshot12.png

screenshot15.png

Currently all flights are one-way, especially since most of its research destinations are too far away from the KSC for its fuel supply to support a return flight. Without landing gear available, it's really just a matter of reaching the target, jettisoning the engine pods, going vertical to bleed off speed, and then drifting lazily to the ground to do that all-important ¡SCIENCE!

screenshot16.png

This little bugger is capable of assuming any orientation at any time, regardless of current velocity and course. It does not stall, and can perform pretty crazy aerobatic maneuvers as a result. Can't wait to get the proper landing gear for it![/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I recently broke my personal record for fewest number of explosions in an SSTO flight.

MRapcQF.jpg

7bwqyKm.png

On approach. This thing is stable, but also very maneuverable. I've had my issues with these on previous attempts.

yhiBSoB.png

A perfect landing!

uwwlZhb.jpg

It even comes with a zero-zero ejection system just in case things do get hairy.

dLcGEcx.jpg

And now time to install 0.23.