Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Having read the reasons for the move-(to get people to move beyond GD a bit more) -I reckon it's worth seeing how it goes here.

Though we all felt like this:

cFeHoTa.png

At first.

It's an egg?

4OEnZOd.png

It's a butterfly?

vr6pqtP.png

Seriously R&D building, I'm making rockets now. I need some space- go talk to the tracking station. Or Jeb. Someone else.

Stop following me all the time.

41oISdU.png

Coming together.

Ns8kOWp.png

ewvBpK2.png

Edited by Tw1

Decided to do some testing of rovers and bases in the desert/polar regions before sending them to other planets. Of course, using a rocket to get them over there would be far to easy, so I built a large cargo plane instead. Thompfield appears to approve of its agility atleast!

screenshot236.png

I never managed it to build a Mun base because it always looked crappy with lots of crap scattered around and also I needed something to move parts around. Here's my Hydraulic lifter using the Infernal Robotics mod, B9 Aerospace mod and KAS (sorry if I did something wrong, first post ever in this forum. I'm thinking about doing some videos too, I dunno)

dfgh7u5.png

819mj8p.png

leCkuL5.png

Messing around with planes!

ce2jxeK.png

XNHdcHR.png

Nice landing job, huh?

lycM1p8.png

The other Kerbal went ragdoll and couldn't get on the rover in mid-flight, so I tried to land to help him up... Needless to say, he died.

awwr1BF.png

Messing around on the runway yielded this. The Kraken had a field day with the B9 inline booster. I should probably update it... :huh:

More shots of Project Jool Heist as more of the fleet arrives. (Not shown, Connestoga #3; you've seen enough of those already in my earlier post, right?)

KSP_Ghost_JoolAndTylo_zps60a39169.jpg

Ghost #3, the electroglider probe, cruising in Jool's upper atmosphere at about 40,000m above datum. In the distance, Tylo is whispering, "Soon..." (But not for Ghost #3, which reached a suspiciously-memorable 1138m before my attempts to delve further stripped off its wings and it plunged into the kraken's lair.)

KSP_Joolgrazer_PreAerobrake_zpsf0cdbca2.jpg

Close-up of Joolgrazer before it aerobrakes into low polar Joolian orbit. The clipping of the structural plates made a nice Celtic Knot pattern, I thought.

KSP_Joolgrazer_Aerobrake_zps50f5702e.jpg

The obligatory shot of Joolgrazer in mid-aerobrake... or at least its first one. I cut too shallow, not wanting to crash it, and so will have to do at least two more to get the orbit down to something manageable.

-- Steve

lERh63I.png

Ironically, the flight from Minmus had the best encounter, despite being a few days after the mods said was optimum.

Nih6BPi.png

2Ioxna9.png

I really like that kethane scanner texture.

UYHkIle.png

Eve is a nice place for an aerocapture.

WP8Opux.png

Edited by Tw1

Being an avid fan of the Lack Luster Labs pack, it's been a long time that I wanted to include his cargo landing legs in one my designs. So, tonight was rover night! :D

They are shown folding back flush against the hull after successfully absorbing the parachute controlled 8 m/s impact of this 12 tons prototype.

4Vhdr0q.jpg

Getting some airtime at 28 m/s. No wheels were harmed in the making of this scene.

5gwrKUt.jpg

The Mun high over the horizon and Minmus peeking through the greenhouse windows. This rover is designed to land on Duna and return to orbit on its own at the end of its extended stay on the surface.

RxKQk8s.jpg

WXL2WiB.jpg

A few more test flights pictures :

Javascript is disabled. View full album

My last forray with LLL was too long ago. What are those new lift parts I see?

Also, it was suggested to me that the current pictures thread be closed down and a new one started. The possible option of the new one being allowed to get stickied in general was also mentioned. So, should we go ahead and end this one and make awesome pictures II?

Also, it was suggested to me that the current pictures thread be closed down and a new one started. The possible option of the new one being allowed to get stickied in general was also mentioned. So, should we go ahead and end this one and make awesome pictures II?

Should be Awesone Pictures v3.0

The first one was lost in April. :(

I say we make a new thread once this one hits a thousand. :P

Should be Awesone Pictures v3.0

The first one was lost in April. :(

Actually, it should be v4.0 and the threads are not lost:

The first one is here:

Show off your awesome KSP pictures presented by VKI

The second one:

Show off your awesome KSP Pictures - Part 2

The third one is the one you're currently reading...

There's also a poll HERE to vote for getting the current thread back to General Discussion, however the mods have overruled the wish of the majority of the community. Never too late to let your voice heard though... EDIT: apparently it is, the mods locked the thread.

Edited by Yakuzi