Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

KSP_Starcharger_SolarEscape_zps83ae4b7e.jpg

I can't compete with Veritechs, but on a much humbler front here's Starcharger exiting Kerbin's SOI and burning for a personal speed record; 10% xenon expended and already at 20km/s relative to the Sun. Dunno what the final result will be, but hopefully it'll beat Starburner's 30km/s solar escape.

-- Steve

edited to add: Final result of the speed test; 33.515km/s wrt the Sun

Edited by Anton P. Nym
adding speed result

^^^ Okay, that just rocks!!

Another addition to my station....

8f7374b0-944c-4f18-9c3d-c193b1934f33.png

It currently weighs in at 150 tonnes, has enough habitats for 20 Kerbals, and between the RTG's, Solar, and Nanobatteries it has just over 1.2 billion units of electrical generation and storage combined. Even if the Solar panels and RTG's go poof now, it has about 25 game years of reserve.

Yeah, I have issues.... :P:D

Edited by GDJ

How do people pull stuff like this off?! I'm sitting here dumbfounded about how to suck Kerbin dry for more science!

For me, lots of probes around planets and on planets and moons with the experiments count for quite a bit. Atmospheric readings in a Jet Plane gave me quite a bit, experiments in the atmosphere, low orbit, high orbit, near water, on the water, on a mountain, soil samples, crew reports, EVA reports, and a couple on the launch pad and the landing strip.

Finally made it to Duna (First interplanetary mission to date).

Here is Yeartle, my unmanned Duna rover

1024x640.resizedimage

Yeartle is one of the few surviving turtle themed Duna probes sent on the mission. My unmanned crafts have (thankfully) had all the mission critical glitches so far.

Yeartle is capable of temp and atmosphere scans (Seismic activity sensors were developed after its launch) and is decently roll resistant and able to turn very fast (though this does risk rolls at speeds above 5 m/s). Yeartles cousins Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, and Leonardo all had some did not make it to ground safely. Michelangelo and Raphael suffered power failures and were unable to deploy their chutes in time. Donatello broke a wheel on landing too hard after a failure with its aerobrake. Leonardo landed on his shell. So while I planed to have 4 ninja rovers I instead have the world's highest turtle.

Here is Jeb surveying his first Kerbol rise on Duna from atop his Pompeii Class lander. 1024x640.resizedimage1024x640.resizedimage

The Duna mission still has 2 more ships inbound. The third and final crewed mission and an unmanned rocket carrying 6 mini-landers, a survey satalight and 2 Buggy class rovers (which I'll try to get to land near the crew for further Duna explorations. After that its time to explore and play on Duna and finish my space stations in the Kerbin sphere. The Eve window isn't far away and I've my eyes set on Gilly (not anywhere near ready to tackle returning from Eve).