Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Since NASA shut down their own shuttle programm, I tried to do my own O.o

Took me a while and lots of fails, but I did it! But it was hard to level out the thrust "on the fly^^" to keep it on the right trajetory.

I really tried to do it with srb's like the original one, but no way :-D

Did anyone manage to get it done with srb's?

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Maschinenbauer

I have managed to build a mini version of one without SRB's, but after the update i replaced the liqued fueled boosters with the SRB's and it works flawlessly, i don't have any pictures of it with the SRB's (yet) but i can show you the development album before the SRB's were added:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Since NASA shut down their own shuttle programm, I tried to do my own O.o

Took me a while and lots of fails, but I did it! But it was hard to level out the thrust "on the fly^^" to keep it on the right trajetory.

I really tried to do it with srb's like the original one, but no way :-D

<iframe class='imgur-album' width='100%' height='550' frameborder='0' src='http://imgur.com/a/gjTIM/embed'></iframe>

(any help with the link welcome :-( )

Just post the url.

http://imgur.com/a/gjTIM/

I have returned from a year's hiatus living amongst and studying the rare flora and fauna of Kerbin. To commemorate my return to office, I have created a monument to the one thing I missed most on my journey of exploration and contemplation.

The humble bagel.

http://i.imgur.com/MWlHQve.png

http://i.imgur.com/hScRVzR.png

http://i.imgur.com/Kc0puVO.png

:D You're back! Thanks for staying a part of the FP thread too.

Finally got around to installing the Linux version to escape the wrath of 32Bit limitations. Did the Segfaults and I'm good to go now. :)

Linux Mint - Cinnamon

Rockin 4.2GB of RAM use here. :cool:

m4pQbBI.jpg

Edited by styckx

the first Kerbals on an asteroid! got there on this 3.75m(or just 3m) monoprop based ship, and decided to build something of a base.

13654706395_f40c7b4a40_z.jpg

13654781763_973c1629b7_z.jpg

mid construction

13654752275_d4ea790905.jpg

complete

13654710345_b04de78210_h.jpg

KSS_Rockdiver1_Contact_zps9e66c9e5.jpg

Rockdiver 1 makes my programs first asteroid, er... landing? Close encounter of the paint-swapping kind? Rear-end collision at 4cm/s? (Station keeping with these rocks is tough. All my future "Rockdiver" missions use The Claw.)

KSP_KSSArgo_GotARock_zps08ecd8df.jpg

The KSS Argo makes rendezvous with its target, a class E rock. Hope 4 Jumbo tanks of NERVA fuel is enough... This is where I stopped for the night. Next session, the crew of the good ship Argo will go play in the rockpile.

-- Steve

Dusted off Nyrath's mod to create a Kerbal version of a real proposal; in case of an oncoming major impactor, send out a nuclear-pulse rocket to redirect it.* I introduce the KSS Carl Kerman, also known as "Big Carl".

KSP_BigCarl_OnPad_zps7b3cebe1.jpg

KSP_BigCarl_Liftoff_zps05cb79e4.jpg

KSP_BigCarl_Orbit_zps3a63d2df.jpg

Haven't actually tried an intercept with it yet, but I think I will with the next E-class rock I spot. I'm not quite sure that "the Claw" can take those g-loads...

-- Steve

* Though the real proposal would have put it atop a Saturn V, instead of using radial boosters, and I added the LV-Ns as station-keeping engines because RCS alone is agonizingly slow in a game.

After switching from a class C asteroid and Grabber II to Grabber I on its way back to Kerbin, I heard a large boom and this appeared on the map view.

A58onZJ.png

Dildas Kerman: KSC, come in. Unidentified object detected near Munar orbit on the other side of the planet. Please advise.

KSC: Are you sure it's not the Mun?

Obi-wan Kenobi appears in the co-pilot's seat

Obi-wan: That's no moon...

James Kerman: Then what is it..?

Static is heard from the radio

Dildas: Oh, [Expletive redacted]

James: What?

Dildas: This can't be...

James: WHAT?

Dildas: That's [Expletive redacted] Kello! He just exploded!

KSC: Grabber II, please explain.

Dildas: (sounds of distress) It's Grabber I, he just exploded! He [Expletive redacted] exploded!

James: Is the Kraken back?

KSC: It very much seems so. Bring that asteroid home, then return to Kerbin as soon as possible. God help us all.

KSP_ArroProspector_Orbit_zpsc25f199e.jpg

Testing out the Arro "Prospector"; an RCS-only craft for exploring asteroids with a "claw" anchor system to keep it on the rock. Currently the launch system barely gets it out of the atmosphere, but it did get into a 150km circular orbit from there on its own jets. Nimble little sucker.

-- Steve

Finally got the chance to play with the ARM update, got some cool stuff done.

KLXIUBW.png

This is AMSat (Asteroid Monitoring Satellite) and its purpose is to "monitor" asteroids and provide me with an idea of whether or not it is practical to attempt to capture them (mostly via seeing their inclination and orbital altitude).

hpoivFG.png

With a little help from AMSat, I was able to send a tug up to grab a Class A and put it into a polar orbit. I want to put it into an equatorial orbit eventually, so I'll have to send up another tug. This will eventually be home to some science modules and a small station, but my eventual goal is a Class C station.