Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

The first flight of the Long Range Duty Small Crewed System - LRDSCS. The LRDSCS I "Warspite" will be a test mission to the Mun and Minmus to make sure all systems function and the realistic D/V is on target with calculated, but on paper she should have at least 7700 m/s. Liftoff of the huge Cira IV and her 113 tonne palyoad, along with kerbonauts Calford, Chasnie, and Desney Kerman.

5GcQNIM.png

Making the slow gravity turn with the first stage, all systems running nominal.

86Huq9t.png

Safe second stage decoupling, continuing ascent.

JEdIh8U.png

Once in orbit,

Calford (Electronics Officer) moved down the ladder to deploy the medium range antennae.

SalG9YA.png

Calford and science officer Chasnie moved into the Science Bay to check out systems while pilot Desney made two corrective burns with the second stage to place Warspite in a 101 by 103 km orbit above Kerbin.

fYDyZeM.png

They then settled in for the night in the crew quarters. In 6 hours they would make their first munar burn with the last of the second stage.

OCUGBIC.png

If it's a new planet, sign me up. I'm tired of driving around the block, boldly going where hundreds have gone before in orbit around earthâ€â€give me a place to go and I'll go.

 Neil deGrasse Tyson

TVqJGzD.png

Got back from two weeks of vacation, moved into the new place, and built some big passenger jets in KSP.

Of course, not all went as planned...

While testing the 4th prototype, I crashed the plane into one of Kerbin City's buildings under construction. What happened cannot be explained by science.

FkeSbIV.png

Yes, that is the cockpit, and yes, it is almost centered in that hanging bit.

SO! Onto the actual plane: the Marathon International Albatross-P!

z9jpL2x.png

I am currently on the 4th version of the design, which hasn't changed much from the original. It's just gotten longer, moved engines around, added more engines...

The standard version has room for 36 Kerbals (with the standard B9 pods, I'm going to upgrade them to the IVA-equipped, high capacity ones).

Xxxn9Jq.png

It's got 12 engines total, because they're so weak... I'll probably modify the configs so I have bigger, more powerful turbofans.

The -E ("Expanded") variant features a 747-like hump with room for 6 more Kerbals (though again I will be upgrading that).

ohpJbWM.png

This variant is harder to fly, so I doubt I'll use it very much. This is also a reason that I won't use it as much, although it might have just been a bad landing on my part... :roll eyes:

Edit: Just installed the improved IVAs, the standard version will hold 168 Kerbals and the -E will hold 186!

Edited by OrbitusII