Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

A challenger indeed! Screw the kraken; you guys are likely to summon Whackjob himself if you keep this up! :D

Mine is kracken proof! I've tested mine! It works, 100%! Missiles, steering, and armor! It has 100km worth of fuel right now, but it has capacity for 10 times that much jet fuel.

CdkH3Uo.jpg

fMruOag.jpg

The second iteration of Sovereign-class starships built by Pandyssia Space Exploration. It will be deployed before the first Sovereign-class ship, the PSS Empress Jessamine I returns to Kerbin after multiple system failures in Eve orbit, causing it to lose all three mini-probes and most of its scientific instruments.

The construction of Sovereign-II took nearly three years, with debates whether to use an inertial confinement fusion engine or a high-power magnetoplasmadynamic thruster, and multiple failed attempts to deliver modules due to mechanical failures pushing completion behind schedule by more than a year.

The instrumentation is more or less the same as on Sovereign-I, but the design allows mounting two payloads, not exceeding 3 meters in diameter, behind the side pods.

lDKKayL.png

I made a missile in place of the "Walrus" observation plane the real QE Carried.

http://i.imgur.com/T4p9pfF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WYyTy4K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5lpormA.jpg

I see we both have ship based cruise missiles. A much more modernized edition of this is going into my independance class lcs.

5UYR5NO.jpg

7HMAJFA.jpg

iKDPcLy.jpg

All right. I finally got a working supersonic cruise missile I can stick on a light vessel.

Introducing, the Basalt cruise missile. It has a very low rcs signature along with a lightly shielded engine section to reduce heat emissions for ir sensors. It is very accurate and has a range easily exceeding 100 km. RATO boosters are also used on take off.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Finally! The LCS Independence can make extremely tight turns at over 32 m/s. Part count with weapons, including advanced cruise missiles, is 400.

The trimaran hull really does reduce hydrodynamic drag. Thank you for the R & D, General Dynamics.

PaWPD9t.jpg

One of the wheels I used to drive into the water got stuck and quickly took off a part of the ship. I was surprised to see it still going after loosing a large part of the internal hull, and it still handled better than any of my other ships!

Edited by andrew123

The Mk.1 tug reveals its payload: an Advanced Extravehicular Suit. It has a command seat, a relatively strong reaction wheel, numerous RCS thrusters, a single robotic arm, and a small docking port.

http://i.imgur.com/A0JSjA4.jpg

Due to the lack of space, the AES has to first be ejected by the tug's pilot, then mounted while floating free.

http://i.imgur.com/BKUQEuh.jpg

Where did you get that arm?

He needs to be saying (at the end of a "short" speech) "Now, before I go, here is your homework..."

Thanks!

I played with a lot of ideas... Most of them being the last line of a joke, like "So the bartender said.....", or "Then the Nun said 'Its just a bad habit'"

But I figured with the vast audience of players, it was best to center it and keep it simple.

Merged into the existing thread for awesome screenshots. :)

Love you bro, but being merged onto page 892 kinda sucks the awesome right out of it.... Clicking the original post links me to page one, so no-one is ever going to find it.

Edited by Kurtvw

andrew123 your turns are 38.5m/s and 39.2m/s, so, I think zeke still holds the turn speed record....

Very well, but I find that difference negligible, especially due to the vtol aircraft landing pad on the rear of my ship. (PS, he also achieved the record without any of his missiles on the ship... I had two heavy cruise missiles on mine...)

Anyways, the next edition to the front of my LCS is a movable turret...

Nevertheless, The Federation has deemed it necessary to reverse-engineer the wreckage of the ODIN into a new system called LOKI... try outrunning hypersonic tungsten rods.

Skip to 8:34. Epic views of future combat ensue.

Edited by andrew123

screenshot33-1.png

New gal, new plane (KerbalHeed X-30 research plane), and a nice sunny day. What more could one want?

screenshot30-1.png

screenshot27.png

Edited by GDJ