Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

More sightseeing on Laythe; it seems the arctic region is mostly clouded, at least with the EVE plugin installed. By the way, this plane is incredibly economical and rather fast; it can reach the polar region from the equator on Laythe in 10 - 15 minutes, while only burning 10 units of liquid fuel (got also FAR installed).

5kkryw.png

2drgm01.png

Sorry for the noobish question (I'm new to the forums), but how might one upload an image?

No worries! :D You'll need a free account on a site like imgur. Free accounts allow you to upload up to 255 images, and pro accounts allow you to upload as many as you want with a lot less restriction (that's $24 a year and I think it's worth every penny since I upload lots of screenshots!)

Tried my hand at making new parts. Managed to make some longer tails for B9's HL fuselage system. They didn't come out too bad. I made a sort of Skylon-like SSTO with them

2014-10-01_00001_zps78515a3b.jpg

2014-10-01_00005_zps836c6a91.jpg

2014-10-01_00008_zpsebf2d66d.jpg

Still a lot I need to know about modding but it seems like a promising start.

I've been working on a small personal SSTO spaceplane, the Phantom.

nwrDP2Y.png

It works pretty well, even with the monopropellant rockets standing in for LFO engines.

4oFWkV2.png

It needs a bit more refinement so I can get as much out of the jet engine as possible. It already does well, getting up to speeds of ~1500m/s and heights of ~26km before needing to switch completely to the monoprop rockets.

0sNLHMH.png

Also, very pretty :D

RX35VbM.png

I'm thinking of sticking some ion engines on there somewhere...

And to top off the pictures today:

jbrqaeH.png

Can anyone tell which mods these capsules are from? (behind and in front of the Taurus)

The Small one is the ALCOR capsule. The other is a pod(with untextured IVA) from Near Future Spacecraft. You can find it in the Near Future Technologies thread here.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

just look for it in the mods i know it takes time but it'l be worth it

I was sure I seen all the part mods there are...! o _ O

I looked again, it's still nowhere to be found :-S

The Small one is the ALCOR capsule. The other is a pod(with untextured IVA) from Near Future Spacecraft. You can find it in the Near Future Technologies thread here.

Thanks! dang, I was only looking where it has the [part] prefix ._.

===============

That aside... here's an awesome picture of my grand tour rocket. Could this possibly work??? Nobody knows!!!¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mMxCHEB.jpg

Also

nS2DIog.jpg

(X-post from the What Did You Do in KSP Today thread)

Today, I sent a -somewhat unisual- mission to the Mun. I know some people are rather childish and can't stand a cartoonish recreation of male genitalia, so I'll put it in Spoiler tags.

Coronel, you better take a look at this radar... It looks like a giant

lmjRfpb.png

D*ck! take a look at our stardboard...

Oh my God, it looks like a huge

zDZRYUy.png

PECKER! Wait, that's not a woodpecker, it looks like someone's

WiEHiFP.png

PRIVATES! We have reports of an unidentified flying object, it is a long smooth shaft, complete with

rULngtk.png

TWO BALLS! What is that? That looks just like an enormous

BIpituN.png

WANG! Pay attention.

I was distracted by that enormous flying

buMiW9Y.png

WILLY! What's that?

Well, it looks just like a giant

3gWCxWQ.png

JOHNSON! Get on the horn with british inteligence and let them know about this.

KqM2Sj4.png

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just watch this video (and the whole movie while you're at it):

Remains of the Kalevala Station.

gCkgFQ8.jpg

IONcj0a.png

As Pandyssia Space Exploration was delivering the communications array to the Kalevala Space Station, a micrometeor hit one of the solar panels, triggering a fatal positive resonance feedback. In layman's terms, it shook and twisted itself into pieces. Fortunately, cpt. Podsted Kerman triggered the emergency separator, saving most of the command module and the skeleton crew of three. The command module is currently stranded in orbit.

Post-incident investigation revealed that the resonance feedback was primarily caused by the solar array's structure. The three truss sections, each holding a pair of large solar arrays, strengthened the torsion force, which was powered even more by the station's SAS. As the RCS thrusters were activated to counter the rotation, the entire station started turning, causing the flailing solar panels to hit the communications array. At that moment, cpt. Podsted Kerman decided to save the crew by triggering an emergency separation. The command module was cleared from the dangerous zone, but a fragment hit the docking port, causing that and the small fuel tank to explode.

UPDATE:

3RKn8Vs.png

It was reported that Pandyssia Space Exploration had attempted to launch the second iteration of the station with enhanced structural integrity. However, by the time the command module reached its destination, there was only the field of debris to greet it.

k4fG3oj.png

Asking the head engineer revealed that he had lost his ability to "even." He then proceeded to burn the blueprints in the exhaust plume of an experimental rocket engine.

Edited by Wampa842

Completed my, somewhat, low tech Kerbin station:

The base was designed to support ferry missions to the Mun, Minmus and other planets. Starting with the Mun I built my Mun station core to use as a base to drop landers to explore the Mun.

I didn't honestly think it would make it but it reached 25Km orbit with a couple seconds of fuel to spare. Next to attach the fuel and life support so I can send out some Kerbals.

Javascript is disabled. View full album