Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I think this is fantastic.

Silly question about this one; If you'd built this with say, a hitchiker pod and a detachable command pod, detatched the latter - wouldn't the game switch perspective to the command pod and therefor leave the floating base alone? I don't know anything about the balloons, would the game once the physics were unloaded just ignore bouyancy and start accelerating the base down into Jool?

From my own experience with balloons on Kerbin, no, it stays active (as long as you're within 2.5km)

Define "better."

If a craft is very light, the much lower weight of the 24-77s can more than make up for the 909's greater Isp.

No, it looks like he has 3 of them, which in total weigh 0.3 tons and has a vacuum Isp of 300, whereas a LV-909 weighs 0.5 tons and has a vacuum Isp of 390. What makes his setup even more inefficient is that thy are angled, therefore wasting about a third of their trust sideways.

Nice compact lander!, but I don't see any chutes. Is there a command pod in orbit?, or was it only a one way ticket :)
I only have the demo so one way ticket. However I figured out how to cram 4 rounded tanks on there. So it is compact while still having plenty of fuel. 2whec1h.jpg Edited by WhiteWeasel

Tested a new Rover design, labeled C.U.R.V. Is stands for Compact Urgent Response Vehicle. I got it up to 15 m/s but I'd say it can go almost 20. I'm scared to try to top it on the mun. The RCS could be used for flying short distances (For instance, over canyons or to the top of archs) or just to flip it over. The reason it is so compact is because there are four RCS canisters, four radioisotope electric generators, and two medium-sized batteries all under the protective shield covering it. If needed, it could speed to help kerbals in the flat area it resides in.. the area Mun Base Beta will be built. There is some space food taped to the interior, mainly space ice cream, due to Jebediah's requests. As side projects, it could drill into rocks and put them in its container for future examination.

lZdyAoZ.png

12zi0Dt.jpg

My first spaceplane on its first test flight. When I took the screenshot (at 80km LKO) it still had around 6500 m/s² of Delta-V left so after a bit of number crunching I came to the conclusion that it could easily achieve low orbits on Mün, Minmus, Eve and Moho and still have plenty of fuel left after the return trip :)

These two just looks so good to me :)

mun base Kika 1 with packed rover on it

XxeKpnT.jpg

small space station still WIP approached by my first successful shuttle launch to orbit

sICgyS2.png

Edited by oggylt
wrong tag for img ^^

My first experience with large scale graphics glitches in KSP.

Dudbur: Um, Houston, this is Capricorn One. We're, ah, experiencing some visual anomalies up here...

plovBsY.jpg

Flight: Cap One, copy that. What sort of anomalies?

Dudbur: Well, it's hard to describe---

Pee Wee: [cutting in] My god, it's full of stars! Heh-HEH!

Cqv7Upa.jpg

The glitches cleared up after switching to the tracking station then back again.

Two more habitat modules with docking arms added to Sky Can I. Mostly complete for now.

screenshot41.png

The expanded Sky Can I lit up on the night side of Kerbin.

screenshot40.png

My first lander probe on the Mun.

screenshot37.png

And my first one on Minmus.

screenshot35.png

That looks really awesome Pedonymous!

I am playing around with the B9 aerospace pack, and my Parashuttle.

cGySjO3.jpg

qH0nGvW.jpg

5bVhhiD.jpg

Edit: Using the B.O.S.S. mod for getting my screenshots from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160.

Introducing *drum roll* *fanfare*

The Space Opera House!

lXy38ad.png

And orbital performing arts and sci-fi convention centre of prestige!

zQxjHNX.png

It can host up to 100 Kerbals. (Probably.) (With shuttle modules docked)

And it's got lots of windows!

Butoy60.png

In a semi-synchronous orbit, it's only 2 hours away!* (*This is a theoretical minimum.)

Staffed by a permanent crew of four.

4ea8A1R.jpg

There are ladders on the surface to assist guests on EVA. Useful as no one's thought of bringing magnetic shoes yet.

And it's shiny.

Orrofxe.png

98AVlG9.png

The best place to watch a space opera.

Edited by Tw1

Video is up!

http://youtu.be/05WxvokQITc

Craft file is here

http://1701-enterprise.no-ip.org/patrik/SSTOs.zip

This is my forth and final prototype of a none stop SSTO spaceplane capable of interplanetary travel with landing and take off at the target body and returning to Kerbin with out refueling at all and all this while delivering a 37.82 ton payload . The take off weight is 205.43 tons with a 37.82 ton payload. The first prototype had to few and to narrow wheel base to be able to land, second one had to little Delta V and the 3:e had drag problems causing instability when reentering Kerbins atmosphere at 4000m/s+.

This is the last prototype and the only slight problem that I had expected was center of gravity moved backwards enough for it to go nose gear up when coming to a stop on Kerbin but that was easily fixed by moving the landing gears backwards and had no effect on the take off speed.

The game runs at about 0.5x real time with 1200+ parts on an overclocked i7 processor so I have speed the video up to 2x to make it more pleasant to watch but its perfectly flyable and I usually have 0.5x rendering time any way even with 80 parts probably due to bugs with planet renderings.

Its important to keep the number of engines down to reduce lag. They are a big source of lag on crafts with many parts when the smoke is rendered so a lot of wings is actually faster and more efficient and also lots of intakes to. Hopefully intakes will be remade by the devs so we don't need to resort to intake abuse sens real high speed crafts don't have problems with air intake amount but rather the velocity of the flow and how hot the intake air gets at high Mach numbers causing engine damaged but a heat exchanger would solve that and they have been developed IRL and are under testing for the Skylon SSTO spaceplane.

The craft uses Two Jumbo tanks and two small 360L oxidizer tanks (plus fuel) and 16x 150L Fuel tanks for the jets. 14x jet engines and 8x NV-1 Nervas supply's the thrust.

Drag parachutes helps reducing speed to avoid overshooting good landing sites sens the craft has so much mass and high lift it can glide very fare with out thrust at high speeds.

A payload can also be loaded on to the craft even on Kerbin. I have tested with the 37.82T benchmark payload and it docked fine after some maneuvering so its perfectly possible to retrieve cargo in theory at least from other planets.

It might be able to go to Laythe at least I hope but I have not have time to test yet. The oxygen atmosphere and low gravity should make that possible if theres enough fuel in the Jumbo tanks that can be transfered to the jet engines fuel tanks. Alternatively the small oxygen/fuel fuel tanks can be replaced with pure fuel tanks to increase the fuel to oxygen ratio. Finding a big and flat landing site is a problem tough.

screenshot425.png

screenshot460n.png

screenshot464m.png

screenshot517.png

screenshot520v.png

screenshot542.png

screenshot550.png

screenshot561b.png

screenshot574.png

screenshot586.png

screenshot589q.png

screenshot591.png