Postcards from Laythe - Cancelled indefinately

chobit-389

On the sockpuppet's question, no, I'm not, I just tend to lurk a lot, and that was my first post because I couldn't take lurking anymore -snip-. I'm a big fan of your work, and would really be sad by seeing PfL end.

-snip-

Edited by KasperVld

I'm pretty sure that what it all boils down to is either these haters don't like my anime styled art or are just huffy that my rockets don't have stars and stripes on them.

So this brings me to a very important question, and this forum has 24 hours to deliver a very good answer.

Why should I bother continuing PfL?

You shouldn't be concerned about what others want if you are doing something you like. If you like doing this series, continue it. Why does it matter if anonymous people on the internet want you to continue it.

Do you honestly think that people are mad because your artwork doesn't depict American symbols or don't like anime-style art? That doesn't seem likely, especially since you yourself talk about the connections between your symbology and historical nations and systems of government.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about, there's a guy in the Off-Topic forum who brags about being a devout Communist (a political faction that has caused far more fuss and damage than Fascism ever did by the way)

I think you are being purposely dense about the real deal. You seem like a Nazi sympathizer. Not someone who endorses Fascism (I haven't seen any Mussolini or Franco inspired images). You haven't endorsed a political ideology (like someone being a devout Communist); you have tied your work and words to a specific political party that many people associate with specific images and actions.

This is all beside the point of what your personal beliefs actually are. My point is what you appear to be, what your online persona says about you (regardless of the high quality of your artwork). I think that is why some people may feel uncomfortable with you or your work, not because you draw kwaii Kerbals or the rockets lack an American flag. Hopefully you take my point in the spirit it is offered.

Edited by paleorob
semicolon placement

Hi there..!

Not meaning to cynically burst into the discussion like this but I would like everyone to take another look at the Forum Rules before continueing on this topic. We do not allow public discussion of moderator actions, especially in individual cases. Chobit is free to tell why he was banned, and if he agrees with it but please do not start bashing the forum staff. If you have a problem with a specific staff member the best course of action is to message him or a senior staff member.

We're always open to constructive criticism.

Thank you,

Kasper

Because I care not about your world views, and more about your art, swastikas or not? Its really nice in my opinion, and I have several as backgrounds for my computers, which is a lot considering I change my backgrounds once every several years. Its really good stuff, and I feel its a shame to stop just because others don't agree with your world views, or your pictures with symbolism that was terrible in its day. I don't want to lose that just because your discouraged, and feeling ripped off. Even if you did step over a line for some people, your art still speaks for its self.

I haven't been in here lately, but I have always liked your work, regardless of the art style. If you quit now because some posters have felt your art was too suggestive of themes they deem inappropriate, won't you be betraying all those who have enjoyed your art and have always supported it? It is understandable that some people would get unsettled by Nazi-esque art, considering that they committed many atrocities in WWII. But this is to be expected, as everyone has their own opinion, and most people tend to be very vocal about it. Maybe they had great-grandfathers who fought in the war, and have extremely anti-nazi feelings? If I have learned anything in life it is that everyone has a reason for their opinion, and while it may sometimes be a misinterpretation or misunderstanding, it is always legitimate. What is important is to not allow these people to influence you, as appealing to them by stopping PfL accomplishes nothing. Their opinions don't have to control your decisions. You asked why you should continue PfL? Because while some people might not have very positive feelings towards Nazism, they are irritated NOT because of your art, but because it reminds them of history they don't like thinking about. This is artwork about spaceships and peaceful exploration of space! Nowhere is there any conflict or violence – this art advocates cooperation and technological advancement! I, for one, was inspired by these works, and they have strengthened my resolve to one day work at SpaceX as an aerospace engineer.

Please continue this series. Please continue to show us the wonder of space. :(

You shouldn't be concerned about what others want if you are doing something you like. If you like doing this series, continue it. Why does it matter if anonymous people on the internet want you to continue it.

Do you honestly think that people are mad because your artwork doesn't depict American symbols or don't like anime-style art? That doesn't seem likely, especially since you yourself talk about the connections between your symbology and historical nations and systems of government.

i could cares less on what the symbol is..

if he wants to put a swastika(BTW meant PEACE! in Ancient India times and was spread around the world later as that, not evil as the nazi did...) then go head... would mine it one bit!

or any German nationalism to the German Eagle...as he wants to do it then so be it. NOT every thing as to be American...if it was....life might get boring...BTW KSP IS NOT AMERICAN...as the Squad company is base in Mexico..(i think, correct me if wrong) so there....my point

i really care less what drawn as far as symbols goes......

Welcome back Chobit. I was starting to get worried that we'd seen the last of PFL, just when it was starting to really look like it could go somewhere. Hopefully the written part of it makes some progress soon to go with all this amazing art.

I'll be watching, so keep it clean. Like I said before, if I have to split posts again there will be consequences.

Ho boy, let the snipping begin eh? Fair enough. Back to lurking and regretting having spent money on KSP it is then.

You're welcome to voice your concerns privately with the staff, perhaps there is something we can do to ease your fears. This thread is about PFL, and should not be used in a manner that forces it off topic or violates forum rules.

Congratulations, with about 22 hours to spare, Thrfoot has defeated the robot masters, knocked out Tyson and saved the princess.

PfL shall resume production shortly

Thank you so much for continuing your art Chobit and we all eagerly look forward to the next one.

Welcome back Chobit. I was starting to get worried that we'd seen the last of PFL, just when it was starting to really look like it could go somewhere. Hopefully the written part of it makes some progress soon to go with all this amazing art.

... I feel like that's directed at me... Way to put a girl on the spot xD

Seriously, though. I have assorted scenes already written (including some I haven't told Chobit about! Take THAT). I just need to be able to focus.

oooh, shiny~

i could cares less on what the symbol is..

Me either. I was just concerned that perhaps chobit didn't understand the criticism leveled against him (her? - I don't know the gender of a chobit.).

if he wants to put a swastika(BTW meant PEACE! in Ancient India times and was spread around the world later as that, not evil as the nazi did...) then go head... would mine it one bit!

Not just Indian but the symbol also has deep roots with Native Americans as well. I have a Navajo rug from the 1920s with swastikas all over it. I think this misses the deeper point as well.

or any German nationalism to the German Eagle...as he wants to do it then so be it. NOT every thing as to be American...if it was....life might get boring...BTW KSP IS NOT AMERICAN...as the Squad company is base in Mexico..(i think, correct me if wrong) so there....my point

BTW I know KSP isn't meant to portray America. I don't think anyone was suggesting it should be American. Chobit was suggesting people were mad because it was not American but I don't know of any posts that back this position up.

I personally prefer my KSP fan art to be nation-less. It is one of the nice things about KSP is there isn't this whole "my nation is better than yours" that has caused a lot of problems in the real world. Anyway, my opinion is worth exactly as much as anyone else's on the matter.

Edited by paleorob
Quote brackets missing.

I really dom't care about politics, or someone's social view, as long as it does not encroach on the forums (This is place for fun, not politics)

ANYWAY!

Nice to see you back, Chobit. I missed your artwork.

1) Chobit's back!

2) Your female correct? *ah-hem

-snip- he -snip- he -snip-

3) Huzzah, PfL has been greenlite!

4) Nazis? Did you see the tech/inventions/concepts they had?! Dat **** was awesome!

5) keep it clean....not that reference agian....

6) Can't wait to see dem new layth pic (thous more realistic ones!)

lol feels like it should be called "Oh my goodness, look at all the fluffy bunnies!"

Link

Edited by TheSuperintendnt

Isn't there a picture of you in the Laythecat is bestcat. (Chobit's house of madness) split of thread?
are you refering to the one of that person holding a gun. i think ??? said that wasnt h??

(i am very confused about chobits gender.)

Edited by redwolfy

I love to see you back. Love the explosions! Mainly, because I love explosions overall. :P Can't wait to see more progress.

Isn't there a picture of you in the Laythecat is bestcat. (Chobit's house of madness) split of thread?
are you refering to the one of that person holding a gun. i think ??? said that wasnt h??

(i am very confused about your gender.)

Yes that one, she said that was her... This discussion will not be continued any further:

1. Because I'm scared of Odin

and 2. Ok, she's a girl, Full stop.

Anyway, there are 4 buttons, IMG, MAIN, WIP and TXT, of which TXT is restricted, this makes me think: Is the novel solely text? (not that that would make it less awesome.)

Edited by MmPMSFmM