Postcards from Laythe - Cancelled indefinately

chobit-389

Why not have the random encounter on the beaches of Laythe when they land. Then they can shoot it and cook it in the ways we have described earlier!

Edit: But having it in the fiction is ok?

Come on Leon! Who says something that even remotely looks like a Crab would have evolved on Laythe.

If we assume that the Laythe environment is like earths/kerbins then crustaceans could of evolved. Lots of factors but still, its possible.

Come on Leon! Who says something that even remotely looks like a Crab would have evolved on Laythe.

It's one of those things that's interesting to discuss. Could something like that grow there? Do Laythe's oceans contain enough oxygen to support large creatures? Is the chemical in the water that prevents it from freezing (ammonia, I think) safe for possible sea life? Other thing I always wondered: Are the landmasses of Laythe actually sand (I think it would be washed away into the sea) or is it just a brown wavy rock?

DSC_3304-Wavy-rock-still-waters-Antelope-Canyon-Lake-Powell-near-Page-Arizona-USA-430x287.jpg

It's one of those things that's interesting to discuss. Could something like that grow there? Do Laythe's oceans contain enough oxygen to support large creatures? Is the chemical in the water that prevents it from freezing (ammonia, I think) safe for possible sea life? Other thing I always wondered: Are the landmasses of Laythe actually sand (I think it would be washed away into the sea) or is it just a brown wavy rock?

DSC_3304-Wavy-rock-still-waters-Antelope-Canyon-Lake-Powell-near-Page-Arizona-USA-430x287.jpg

That's an excellent question, and I'd ask Nova about that but I've already deviated away from his dream of what Laythe is, so I'm not sure.

I'm just continuing under the assumption that Laythe's oceans support life and it's landmasses are sand and rock

That's an excellent question, and I'd ask Nova about that but I've already deviated away from his dream of what Laythe is, so I'm not sure.

I'm just continuing under the assumption that Laythe's oceans support life and it's landmasses are sand and rock

So the oceans support life but what about the land? Or beaches? We want crab soup with xenon and blutonium!

I kinda agree. I like how Laythe is right now. It's a very calm and peaceful world. Not looking forward to it becoming a murky, volcanic radioactive hell.

If Laythe has a strong magnetic field, it would repel the radiation, and would also make pretty northern lights!

Pretty lights...

It would have to be very strong that close to Jool and also for the size of Laythe.

Edit: It would be interesting but not much fun to land and colonise if it was volcanic. You wouldn't want to land in lava.

It would be interesting but not much fun to land and colonise if it was volcanic. You wouldn't want to land in lava.

Making it far more interesting and fun.

You'd have to carefully choose where to land, and account for things like the heat and stuff, and it'd be super rich in resources but they would be hard to get. You could also make gliders using the heat being radiated from all over!

And things like volcanic rock being spat out, posing a risk to unprotected aircraft.

Okay, this is what I've got for animal and plant life for the PfL-Verse:

Kerbol: It's a star... you figure it out.

Moho: Nothing

Eve: Basic algae and microbial life in the shallows of the seas. No life on land

Gilly: Nothing

Kerbin: Very Earth-like life, only a few minor differences

Mun: Nothing

Minmus: Nothing

Duna: Very rare bacterial life deep underground

Ike: Nothing

Dres: Nothing

Jool: Nothing

Laythe: Vast aquatic ecosystems and other crazy alien fish. Surface life is all beach-based, nothing inland

Vall: Nothing

Tylo: Nothing

Bop: Nothing

Pol: Nothing

Eeloo: *CLASSIFIED*

Considering Eve's oceans appear to contain blutonium in quantities that allow hydroscooping for extraction, that water is so radioactive that life there would be... Interesting.

So am I the only one that thinks Laythe would be bitchin' as hell if it was like Mustafar?

Probably. Moho's gonna be like Mustafar, anyway. Once they get lava working! Until the, enjoy Rareden's awesome fanart!

http://i.imgur.com/EJvW327.jpg

Now, back to the topic: This might be going into the sci-fi realm now, but is it actually possible to strengthen a planet's magnetic field? Say, a bunch of large poles around the globe that discharge electricity into the atmosphere.