Postcards from Laythe - Cancelled indefinately

chobit-389

Chobit, you are an astounding artist! I love your artwork, as do many others. Keep it up!

I may put up some KSP-based drawings in a thread of my own sooner-or-later, now that I think about it!

Edited by Needles_10
too early!

Notice: Mods disapproved of my latest sketch. Rather than rallying everyone with torches and pitchforks, I've got a loophole in mind

'Loopholes you can do anything with them' looking forward to what you can do(soonâ„¢):D

The plan is I start posting images and etc only on the main site, using this thread only as a gateway link and communication hub. I just slap a viewer discretion is advised warning on the box and technically (and as long as I keep the linked site clean) the mods can't decide what I can and can't post

I'll be setting this all up in the next few hours

Sounds like a good plan. Then images that are okay to be here can be linked to from here, while people who want to see more involved content can browse through your own site to get it.

Also, I might take the time to read through your series myself. From the little bits I've seen of it while discussing it with people, it does look like an entertaining story.

Sorry Odin, but PfL in a written form hasn't started yet, that's Trekkette's department. I'm only involved in that for world-building, characters and technobabble

[EDIT]: And as long as the site is compatible with everyone's browsers, I'll be posting everything there from now on. Saves me a LOT of hassle when it comes time to add an image. Far less [size=BLUEYadayadayada x100

Edited by chobit-389

Okay. Now that I'm aware of at least one person with an actual interest in reading PfL, that means I should start. Like, soonish...

Never fear, ideas are always churning. I just need to be able to write them down. Luckily, I have a 25 hour Greyhound trip starting in about 6 days and 11 hours (if I did the math right...) (I probably didn't...), so that'll be plenty of time to brainstorm and write.

Long story short, never fear!

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! *waddles in like Prof Farnsworth and dumps a file on the table*

I've completed the WIP section on the main site! So SHAZZAM! I'll post a bump here every time I alter it. So.... YEAH! those are the three pics I currently have beyond the head-braining stage

Nope, Nadari. Dariya is the one missing a leg (which I still need to edit the PfL main poster...). Freya is the one in the upside-down aircraft

Okay, that all totally makes sense now. Will we be seeing Dariya with a prosthetic leg? If so, then the edit to the poster should be simpler. (Turning a real leg into a prosthetic sounds easier than deleting a leg.)

Edited by hawkinator

You'd be surprised, the layering of the grass would have to be completely reworked:

note1_zps0d027d0a.png

As you can see here, the layer was actually built over her leg then cut so it wouldn't overlap. The way I make an image is a LOT of smoke and mirrors until it comes time to render the final image. Lucky for me all I need to do is paint over with a new grass layer

Makes sense, but from a physics standpoint, with her body position, she appears to be placing most of her weight on that leg, so wouldn't she be off balance and falling over without it?

(She's got most of her torso shifted to her left [our right] , the leg being deleted)

Edited by hawkinator