Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Ok, it's like... 4:30 am here and I took the day off to get mods uploaded :P

For people who need a VERY VERY TEMPORARY SUPER HACKY fix to the FireSpitter DLL, you can download it from the USI dropbox (I put it in the HOTFIX STUFF folder).

This is 100% not supported, use at your own risk, as it did in fact require a bit more than a recompile.

For people who need a VERY VERY TEMPORARY SUPER HACKY fix to the FireSpitter DLL, you can download it from the USI dropbox (I put it in the HOTFIX STUFF folder).

This is 100% not supported, use at your own risk, as it did in fact require a bit more than a recompile.

I just tried this before you even posted. I still get an "out of date" warning on booting up KSP but other then that everything seems to work. I am currently testing your hotfix with B9, so far everything seems to work... I have tested:

• few engines and there gimbling systems - all seems good
  • landing gear - retracting and animating fine
  • The variable air intakes - They open and close just fine

Everything is running smooth so far. I will post any issues I come across though as I'm sure they will pop up.

So far I have managed to get B9, KW rockets, Mechjeb and Kerbal Engineer working just fine. Going to see if i can squeeze a more early updated mods in and maybe start a playthrough. I know I should wait for official fixes, but I'm to impatient.

Big thanks to Rover for the hotfix, and an even bigger thanks of course to Snjo for Firespitter!

What did the changes entail? Just so I have a head start on my own efforts.

The bits that broke were references to Editor.EditorScreen (my hack below)

//if (editor.editorScreen == EditorLogic.EditorScreen.Actions) <-- old code

if (editor.editorScreen == EditorScreen.Actions) <-- My replacement code

And a new method in FSFuelSwitch (looks like a new required parameter) - again, this is just a hack - I expect that number is needed for something ;)

public float GetModuleCost(float defaultCost)

{

return updateCost();

}

To reiterate for the thread in general - the patch I have is SUPER HACKY AND MAY UNLEASH THINGS THAT MAY EAT CHILDREN!

Just wanted to chime in to confirm a few things.

First, the following is correct. This is now the new way to detect if we are on the actions screen.

The bits that broke were references to Editor.EditorScreen (my hack below)

//if (editor.editorScreen == EditorLogic.EditorScreen.Actions) <-- old code

if (editor.editorScreen == EditorScreen.Actions) <-- My replacement code

The catch is that in career mode, the actions screen is not visible until you upgrade your VAB/SPH once, so we are going to have to make changes to our mods on how to handle that. Anything gated behind that check is going to be invisible to the player at the start of a new career game.

And a new method in FSFuelSwitch (looks like a new required parameter) - again, this is just a hack - I expect that number is needed for something ;)

public float GetModuleCost(float defaultCost)

{

return updateCost();

}

This is odd, I'm not sure why you would need this for an existing mod. It is a new method implemented in 0.90 for a partModule to gracefully change the cost of the part it is associated with.

Sarbian's 0.90 changes thread here is where I got that from but it implies that FSFuelSwitch is implementing the IPartCostModifier interface to require that.

Did you see something different? If so, could you maybe post it over in the 0.90 changes thread so it can be investigated?

Having said that, I'm not sure what your code is doing here as I'm not sure what UpdateCost does, but if it returns defaultCost unchanged then your code as written will have no effect as it does not change the part cost, but it will throw no errors either.

Good work on your part getting this out so fast,

D.

Edited by Diazo

@Diazo - basically I had to do it to correct a compilation bug - a Squad interface being used required that method to be provided, versus the prior one without parameters.

So from what I see, they just added a new method to the interface (so GetModuleCost(float) in addition to GetModuleCost() - so I just copied the code from FireSpitter's current GetModuleCost() and disregarded the new parameter - which I expect is needed for something.

I've done a quick recompile with the same changes as RoverDude mentioned above. Stuff works from the little testing I've done so far. Except the water launch module. But the explosions are pretty though.

Checked and working:

-Custom wing code

-Texture Switcher

-Wheel

-Sound effects

-Custom FSengines

-Symmetry updates in the SPH

-Flotation Devices

Not tested:

-Everything else

Updated DLL download (More changes will come)

Awesome turnaround, thanks Snjo! Amazing how many mods rely on your plugin now.

Some issues I've run across so far:

-Engine sound pitch increase sounds choppier, like it's pitching up in large step sizes and not gradually

-Tail rotor trust doesn't switch with key presses; both A & D keys cause it to apply thrust in the same direction

Edited by keptin

Snjo, I am using an old propeller that you made back in the day. I managed to get things working with the new .dll, though the central spindle does not rotate any more like it did before when the blade are spinning fast. Is that something I could fix and, if so, how do I go about that?

I know it is an oldy, but it is a goodie :P I love that thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.