Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Here goes a noob question, but rotors, and all of the other tweakable engines dont work, they just, sit there, when i open the rightclick menu it says, flameout, intake air deprived. I'd be forever in your debt if you helped me out here, thanks in advance, will.

Hey welcome to the forums. So yes the rotors are like any other engine. They require fuel and air to function. So you need to install intakes somewhere on the craft. Think of air like electricity its not there so the engine won't even turn on.

Hey welcome to the forums. So yes the rotors are like any other engine. They require fuel and air to function. So you need to install intakes somewhere on the craft. Think of air like electricity its not there so the engine won't even turn on.

To elaborate, Firespitter has propellers and rotors with a variety of engines. Some of these are fuel-burning, air-breathing engines, much like most real world engines used on earth's surface. Air is required for combustion, and while some of them have integral intakes (the larger props), some need external intakes added to function properly.

If you need something to be indepedent of oxygen, there are fully electrical parts included too. They tend to use a lot of power but you have many options for power generation, from LFO fuel cells to stacks of RTGs to solar panel covered wings, whatever suits your purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm using this mod with engineering tech tree. I've just unlocked BiPlanes. Tech tree gives no access to manned space (and suborbital) flight in the beginning (which is great). But I actually tried to attach a Bi-Plane cockpit to the rocket (just for fun) and made a suborbital flight with no damage to the crew? It is a bit confusing. Of course, I can just restrict myself, but is it possible to make my crew die in unpressurized cockpits, which are not supposed to operate in space? Great mod though.

Edited by panzerwaffe044

I found how to fix the issue with some of the engines showing up under fuel tanks.

I filed an issue on the GitHub page with instructions on how to fix it.

Here is the issue:

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/issues/125

Now, I finished a patch for the issue.

Here's the pull request on GitHub:

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/pull/126

Edited by Ruedii
Added Second URL with pull request for the fix

Snjo, just a heads-up. I'm getting warnings that the copy of the Firespitter plugin I have installed is out-of-date running KSP 1.0.4 (32 bit).

I know I have the latest version of Firespitter, and I don't see any obvious problems, but its getting reported as out-of-date (probably by Mini-AVC).

As it's not causing any gameplay issues or crashes that I'm aware of, I don't expect this to be a high-priority thing to fix. Just thought I should share the info.

Already asked this in the UKS thread, but did not receive an answer. I hope that someone can shed some light on this issue.

I don't know if this is a USK or a Firespitter bug, so I start reporting this here and hope that RoverDude can provide more insight:

The Octagonal Landing Module has the following lines in its cfg file:

PART
{
name = MKS_OctoLander
mass = [U]1.5[/U]

MODULE
{
name = FSfuelSwitch
basePartMass = [U]1.25[/U]
}
}

So there is a discrepancy between part mass and fuel-switch base mass.

In the VAB clicking on the part-icon on the left side of the screen always generates a part with a mass of 1.25 ton.

However cloning this part by using Alt-Left-Mouse on an already existing part on the vessel creates a new part with a mass of 1.5 ton.

I would expect that in both cases the mass is 1.25 ton.

So either this is a UKS-bug where mass != basePartMass in a config file

or this is a FS bug where different masses in the config file are not handled correctly when cloning parts in the editor.

As a workaround using the "Next Cargo" button resets the mass to 1.25 ton.

Can someone please help. My search has brought up nothing... After putting the Example Crafts files in my SPH folder I can see the name of the ship in-game from the Load menu however, when I try to load the craft it tells me I'm missing parts such as; FSoblongFuel, FSPropellerEngine, and FScopterRotortail2. Any help is appreciated.

Where can I find up-to date documentation on modules for firespitter stuff?

Well you wouldn't hurt to ask exactly what I want.... Its the spinning prop module of FS. Is it possible to get the replacement disc only showing when high throttle?

I have recently encountered an issue where the 'right click' function does not work in the VAB - and am getting multiple FireSpitter compatibility warnings on loading KSP. I have 20 or so mods installed. Should I check mod by mod for correct placement of the FireSpitter dll? Also, if I have the most recent version of the complete FireSpitter mod installed, do I need it anywhere else in other mods? Thanks in advance - I miss my right-click! :)

I have recently encountered an issue where the 'right click' function does not work in the VAB - and am getting multiple FireSpitter compatibility warnings on loading KSP. I have 20 or so mods installed. Should I check mod by mod for correct placement of the FireSpitter dll? Also, if I have the most recent version of the complete FireSpitter mod installed, do I need it anywhere else in other mods? Thanks in advance - I miss my right-click! :)

No.

You should only have one copy of the dll and it should be located in the Firespitter folder. From this post, your post in the UKS thread, and your prior problems with KIS/KAS I am going to guess there are problems with how you installed some mods (like nested game data folders or similar). In the UKS thread, please post a picture of your gamedata folder and your UKS folder.

Print screen should work to capture an image of your desktop and then MS paint or some simple free image editor to crop the image/blur out any private info and resize if necessary. I'm sure you can google "take a screenshot of desktop" for more help if you need it.

You may also want to take a look at this: http://youtu.be/1_0PNkIyHrU

Here's a more recent video which is probably better as its post Module Manager: http://youtu.be/QYh3BcVFGtM

Edited by Tarheel1999

Well you wouldn't hurt to ask exactly what I want.... Its the spinning prop module of FS. Is it possible to get the replacement disc only showing when high throttle?

Bumping up.

And also would like to add a question... How does the FS mesh switch work, is it possible at all to take to existing parts (separate meshes) and make them into one part you can switch between?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Snjo I've been looking into your FSTextureSwitch module and have finally been able to get it worked into my own stock mod. I don't know how much interest you would have in this mod, but I thought it would be a good idea to mention to you that I am now updating my mod with FireSpitter.dll dependency. Thanks for the amazing work on this. :)

SPPCC v0.11 - Spaceplane Color Corrections

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Im new to this mod and have a little problem getting a ship to float in water. Im making a battleship for WW2 . I've tried setting the bouyancy to max (50) , but ship will still sink. Is this b.c. I need another mod such as the "Better Bouyancy" mod? Or do I need to hack a special setting somewhere?

Screenshot%20from%202015-10-22%20233044.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.