Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

v7.1.5 is up :)

Both the full version, as well as the plugin-only version for modders. Note that KS full version is still uploading at the time of this post, but GitHub has been published.

This is a preliminary compatibility release for KSP 1.0.5 - please be sure to report any bugs/etc. in the forum thread.

Also includes a large number of config fixes fro Ruedii and khr15714n!

May I ask you to merge snjo/DEVELOP to snjo/master for the final release.

I'll take a peek and see what's there - I used Master because it looked to be more updated than Dev

@Sjno - let me know if we're clear to merge that in please :) If so, I'll sort it.

Thank you so much Snjo & RoverDude for your continued development and support of Firespitter! KAX and many other mods wouldn't be possible without it. It's a fantastic mod and powerful plugin to develop for. Also, your tidy and detailed documentation on git is a rarity in modding. To me, Firespitter is a community staple.

Ok, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i've decided it's worth actually asking. for some reason that i don't know, all the customizable engines from firespitter don't work. they're visible, but none of the menu options for blades, engine size, etc, work, there's no visible change in the SPH. am i missing a plugin other than firespitter.dll, or am i just being stupid?

I'll take a peek and see what's there - I used Master because it looked to be more updated than Dev

@Sjno - let me know if we're clear to merge that in please :) If so, I'll sort it.

In the Dev branch there is only a single small PR from me. Just thought that since you do all PR via the Dev branch, I put it also here.

Another thing to throw out there. Since 1.0.5 changed the water physics substantially. My seaplanes don't float or land the way they used to. Now parts using the module from the floats don't float same. Upon landing the plane will nose dive and chop the propellers off. Anyone else experiencing this?

edit

So after jacking around with the FS Buoyancy module for about an hour. I really think just increasing the modules buoyancy upper limit of 50 to maybe 100? may really go a long way to helping with the new physics introduced for 1.0.5. The issue I'm seeing is the floats cannot support the weight they previously could. Now messing with the buoyancy in flight does have an effect. So the module still works. It just doesn't appear to be as effective as before. And the planes I have will just over submerge. And dip more parts into the water causing excess drag. I don't have the know how to recompile your source code to try my idea. But I thought I'd throw it out there any way. Edited by V8jester

Hello!
i move this post here since ferrams mod dont work properlly with one of the modules of the firespitter

And using firespitter modules having an issue on debug view of ferram

if use the FSwheel( firespitter suspension system) instead of module landing gear of stock parts the debug vortex counted the gears as deployed and not retracted.

Colliders disabled while retracted by firespitter so dont know what is going on
Some pics here
[QUOTE][URL]http://imgur.com/a/QKToM[/URL][/QUOTE]

Ferram answer
[QUOTE][B]@CrazyESP: That issue cannot be fixed on my end. It will need to be fixed on the Firespitter end in the same way that Baha's Adjustable Landing Gear fixed it; by calling part.SendMessage(GeometryPartModuleRebuildMeshData ) after the collider is deactivated. I have no way of fixing that myself other than polling constantly to see if it's active, and that will reduce performance drastically.[/B][/QUOTE] Edited by CrazyESP

Am I correct in assuming that the latest version of this works with the latest ksp? (I.e., propellers spin, landing gear work, wings provide lift, etc) Also, will getting the latest version of this and replacing the current firespitter thingy interfere with KAX? (I've had problems with this mod being wonky. Like the f-86 wings providing no lift.)

[quote name='blackrack']So, is it just me, or the electric propeller parts are overpowered? Part of me thinks they should use a lot more electricity than they do.[/QUOTE]

We need a fuel cell array for each electric propeller to make a continuous full throttle flight.
I don't think it is over-power, it is under-power!!

Getting this repeated a LOT in my logs when using KAX props.

[code]NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Firespitter.engine.FSplanePropellerSpinner.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)[/code]

Help!

I'm using Firespitter, and I've had no problems with propeller aircraft.

Then I tried to use VTOL engines.

To start, they kept throwing sparks in the editor. I thought "okay, fine, it's annoying, but I can deal" and just ignored it.

Then I launched my fancy new VTOL aircraft...

The moment I started the engines, Kerbin DISAPPEARED!! Yes. The planet. Gone.

Thankfully, restarting the game brought the planet back *whew!*

But has anyone run into this before? What could be doing this? I've read reports of this happening with Hot Rockets interfering with a Realistic Jet Engines mod, but... I don't have either of those installed and never have. :(

I do have Tweakable Everything installed, which I've also heard causes some problems like this. Any ideas?

[quote name='Alshain']Getting this repeated a LOT in my logs when using KAX props.

[code]NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Firespitter.engine.FSplanePropellerSpinner.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)[/code][/QUOTE]

I'm seeing the exact same in my logs while using KAX parts. The parts appear to be functioning mostly normally though. The only issue I've run into is that the engines will occasionally cut out very briefly for no apparent reason. Full airflow, full fuel yet the engines will stop-start a few times in a matter of a second. You can hear it more than you see it.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mrBlaQ said:

It seems the Airbrake module isn't working now? The part doesn't seem to effect drag even though the right-click context menu, when in flight, says "Drag: 8".

I am running FAR.

Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

Yep. More-less known thing for airbrakes based on firespitter animations. B9 have the same problem with airbrakes.
It is some issue between KSP 1.0.5 and stock game animation changes and a way how it is done in firespitter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.