Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

39 minutes ago, Unholypens said:

I'm assuming that this mod is still compatible with the current version of ksp?

Core firespitter plugin is. However some of parts might be unbalanced due to lot of changes in both, stock physics and FAR.
Plugin is used by other mods too - for switching textures and other features that this mod made available.

10 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Core firespitter plugin is. However some of parts might be unbalanced due to lot of changes in both, stock physics and FAR.
Plugin is used by other mods too - for switching textures and other features that this mod made available.

Yeah, I removed it from the folder, loaded the game...

for the most part. I've found that KW Rocketry doesn't work anymore, which is very sad. It's one of my favorite mods.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm having an issue with the copter cockpit. It appears normal size in the SPH but then at launch it shrinks itself magically for seemingly no reason. Is this a known issue or is there a way to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by TMasterson5

Stopping in for a quick heads up (and also pinging @Snjo )

I'll be sorting KSP 1.1 compatibility for FireSpitter and plan on having it ready for the pre-release, both to help out other modders and also give folks a chance to do some testing :)

Snjo - I've done the reverse integration of all of the changes in MASTER and am working on the updates in DEVELOP even as we speak.

42 minutes ago, MightyDarkStar said:

Does anyone know where I can find the prop engine that is simply the three-bladed propeller and prop hub? I'm look at you, @NathanKell :D.

Sounds like you're looking for KAX

1 hour ago, Combatsmithen said:

Is there any advantage to having multiple prop blades?

More dig on the air / more power. The helicopter rotor works pretty much the same way.

34 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Sounds like you're looking for KAX

More dig on the air / more power. The helicopter rotor works pretty much the same way.

It doesnt seem to be the case though. ive noticed that when using 2 blades on my prop or 12, the thrust doesn't change and the acceleration doesnt change.

4 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

It doesnt seem to be the case though. ive noticed that when using 2 blades on my prop or 12, the thrust doesn't change and the acceleration doesnt change.

Hmm that may be something for @RoverDude I know the heli rotors work as they should (increased lift from aditional blades)

FYI the KSP 1.1 Pre-Release version is up.

I fully expect all of the landing gear will explode.  There are likely other issues.  Please log github issues.  This is being pushed out there primarily for the modders who have a dependency on Firespitter (like me!).

If you are not on the 1.1 Pre-release, please use the prior version.

On 3/30/2016 at 5:59 PM, RoverDude said:

I fully expect all of the landing gear will explode.  There are likely other issues.  Please log github issues.  This is being pushed out there primarily for the modders who have a dependency on Firespitter (like me!).

It seems that commits were done to the main branch, which updated the .version file that AVC pulls, but there's no release download -- the changes haven't been built and published to the "For release" repository (except for the version file.) Unless maybe I just don't know where to look.

On 30/3/2016 at 2:59 AM, RoverDude said:

Thanks a lot!

7 hours ago, Mr Shifty said:

It seems that commits were done to the main branch, which updated the .version file that AVC pulls, but there's no release download -- the changes haven't been built and published to the "For release" repository (except for the version file.) Unless maybe I just don't know where to look.

Indeed I couldn't find it there either. But you can take it from USI kolonization systems and it works perfectly (Edit: with textureswitch and fuelswitch at least).

Edited by Nookos

On 17/03/2016 at 6:04 PM, Combatsmithen said:
I doesnt seem to be the case though. ive noticed that when using 2 blades on my prop or 12, the thrust doesn't change and the acceleration doesnt change.

On 17/03/2016 at 6:11 PM, V8jester said:

Hmm that may be something for @RoverDude I know the heli rotors work as they should (increased lift from aditional blades)

I posted about this issue in January. Would be good to see a response from @RoverDude

On 20/01/2016 at 9:31 PM, OminousPenguin said:

I'm seeing this exact issue. This is the FSPROpellerElectric "FS1PRE Customizable Electric Propeller engine".

Confirmed on a clean install with no other mods. Only Firespitter.

Is this a known issue that is proving difficult to fix? I can't see any reply to the quoted post.

On 03/08/2015 at 5:54 PM, volcanicshrimp said:

The only thing which changes the thrust in the editor is the engine size (according to the right click menu) so a 12 blade engine with size 3 blades at 1000 rpm would provide the same thrust as a 2 blade engine with size 0.3 blades at 100 rpm. When I tested this in flight the same was true:

Edited by OminousPenguin
messed up formatting

2 hours ago, 8bitsblu said:

I'm having an issue with animations not working. When I use firespitter propellers neither the animations or the sound plays. Is this an issue with 1.1 or did I install incorrectly?

21 minutes ago, Darkstar616 said:

Has the plugin been released yet?

Grab 7.2.0 off of GitHub (it's in a pre-release status)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.