Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

@RoverDude Are you still working on this? And did you listen to my suggestion?:

On 7/30/2016 at 1:15 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

So will the P-51 Mustang parts get good as new like the bi plane parts? There are visual problems with them:

1. The oblong nose engine. It has 5 propeller blades but the real P-51 has four. I know that I can just use the Airplane plus P-51 engine, but it is not skinny enough for a realistic mustang
  2. The wing. The wing is shaped like the P-47, but not really close to a P-51. There is a picture below
  3. Tail fins. The tail fins are a bit too round at the tip (Both horizontal and vertical fins) the picture below shows the proper tail fin shape.

P51d Mustang Wing P51 Mustang Base - Files - Wings of G

14 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep, still here.  Just note that I am not making new parts, merely doing texture reworks as I have time.

Alrighty thanks. I hope you get to rework the P-51.

Sorry I'm mentioning the P-51 so much, its just that its my favorite aircraft and it's a really really really REALLY awesome plane

All community is happy that Roverdude found some time to update firespitter plugin that is so much needed for large number of other mods. Considering the amount of time Roverdude invest to maintan his own mods and not even put in consideration that he also work on core KSP game, noone in community is in position to demand anything more than it is delivered.

Simply put, if you don't have a patience to wait for update, try to use some other mod to build your crafts, but don't demand anything from mod authors. They do what they do in their free time that is mostly very limited. Show some respect and better attitude towards moders at least.

On 9/3/2016 at 11:11 AM, Potato3478 said:

well then they should fix the parts so i can get the darn craft files and make my own contraptions

These parts were in the 0.24 and/or older versions of KSP.

@RoverDude is doing this mod now, but he is also a developer for Squad.

Almost everyone forgot about these parts. What we have right now is better. Also, the whole reason firespitter was made is to add proppelers to KSP. Other people made proppeler packs but they needed Firespitter to do it. And everyone has been using firespitter for aircraft mod packs ever since.

Firespitter isn't about the parts. It's about adding proppeler engines to KSP.

Yep, top priority is making sure the plugin works because so many people depend on it.  Secondary priority is working with the *existing* parts.  Third priority is to do refreshes when I can (which is not very often, plate is full).  Good news is that it is in good shape for 1.2, so there will be a new Firespitter release then.  This will exclusively be a plugin fix, and a hatch for the new biplane :P  No time for other bits.

On 9/7/2016 at 9:35 PM, RoverDude said:

Yep, top priority is making sure the plugin works because so many people depend on it.  Secondary priority is working with the *existing* parts.  Third priority is to do refreshes when I can (which is not very often, plate is full).  Good news is that it is in good shape for 1.2, so there will be a new Firespitter release then.  This will exclusively be a plugin fix, and a hatch for the new biplane :P  No time for other bits.

well im not demanding that the be fixed i just really want to get those parts and get the craft files could you fix them some other time maybe? (just asking and im an idiot:confused:)

Hey, I could really need some guidance here, could anybody help me? This is really driving me nuts. :/

I don't think it's plugin related issue, since it's working fine for other parts.. I just don't get why firespitter doesn't seem to be able to find the texture root folder, as it says "current texture:" and nothing more, although i've specified it correctly in the cfg.

9 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Hey, I could really need some guidance here, could anybody help me? This is really driving me nuts. :/

I don't think it's plugin related issue, since it's working fine for other parts.. I just don't get why firespitter doesn't seem to be able to find the texture root folder, as it says "current texture:" and nothing more, although i've specified it correctly in the cfg.

If I remember correctly, you need a slash at the end of the texture root folder line

On 9/10/2016 at 9:54 AM, Potato3478 said:

well im not demanding that the be fixed i just really want to get those parts and get the craft files could you fix them some other time maybe? 

Well let's see here. With the old parts we didn't have tweakable helicopter rotors. We didn't have proper animations back then. What we have right now is way better than what we had back then. What we have are the same legacys parts, but updated and improved. What I'm trying to say is that all this we have right now is the same as the old legacy parts, but improved.

Also the crafts? You can find old pictures or videos of the old version of firespitter and just look at it. you will be amazed.

Craft files are basicaly Pre-Built Machines that are meant to teach people stuff about rockets, jets, ect.

So if you really want the old craft files, then get inspired

P.S. Let's try not to start an arguement or continue this stuff

agreed but i mean the parts like the biplane struts and the old biplane landing gear ._. that was one piece and would suit my sopwith camel i dont know why these parts were removed like the seaplane landing gear and the craft files had better designs (im not that good at making planes)

also you said ect instead of etc XD anyways you could like make the old parts updated and tweakable anyways back to a little project of mine... its called DEMOCRACY :cool:

Edited by Potato3478
misspelled ._.

The landing gear was removed because multiple wheel colliders are not supported by the new wheel modules.

You're more than welcome to have it back, if you don't mind your plane catapulting into the air and instantly exploding :wink:

Edited by RoverDude

3 hours ago, Potato3478 said:

agreed but i mean the parts like the biplane struts and the old biplane landing gear ._. that was one piece and would suit my sopwith camel i dont know why these parts were removed like the seaplane landing gear and the craft files had better designs (im not that good at making planes)

also you said ect instead of etc XD anyways you could like make the old parts updated and tweakable anyways back to a little project of mine... its called DEMOCRACY :cool:

I just gave you an answer

On 9/12/2016 at 7:17 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

then get inspired

Also, these parts we have right now are tweakable. Get Tweakscale.

Please, don't continue this and be thankful for what we have right now

Also, you didn't have to tell me I spelt etc wrong...

Edited by Murican_Jeb

On 12.9.2016 at 0:41 AM, Snjo said:

If I remember correctly, you need a slash at the end of the texture root folder line

OK, this is super embarrassing, sorry. I wouldn't have realized that I was missing the final "/" , while it still is on all the other parts which work great. It works now..:blush:

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I don't know if that is intended, but the electric helicopter engine currently doesn't seem to have the hover functionality. also, you should probably add an intake to the normal helicopter engine considering it needs intake air. right now, it doesn't work if you don't have intakes on the craft.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:02 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

Alrighty thanks. I hope you get to rework the P-51.

Sorry I'm mentioning the P-51 so much, its just that its my favorite aircraft and it's a really really really REALLY awesome plane

@Murican_JebThe parts are not for a P-51.

The wings and engine you refer to are for a Supamarine Spitfire XIVc.   It is a 5 blade Rotol Propeller and the wings are true elliptical (not the Half elliptical like the P-47.)

800px-Spitfire_mark19_ps853_planform_arp

While the above picture is of a Mk19 PhotoRecon bird, you can clearly see the wing platform is the same as Firespitter as well as the 5 blade Propeller

Edited by Pappystein
Fixed photo link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.