Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

1 hour ago, Iliketaco said:

Audio is not working properly, just audio in right channel/ear with the prop engines.

Then take off your headphones. That's the only way.

@Iliketaco

On 12/3/2016 at 0:40 PM, tg626 said:

Sound issue work around.

Install Camera Tools. Hit "Home" key to enter cam tools view, then hit "End" key to return to normal view, and.... Stereo engine sounds.

As of this posting, a v1.2.1 compatible version of Camera Tools is stable here:

Haven't tried it myself but a lot of people have said it works. I also don't know why it works. Regardless, I'd suggest giving it a try and seeing how if it fixes the sound problem.

I hate to ask the same question again, but the 'download plugin' link on Snjo's firespitter github landing doesn't have a date listed, and it always makes me skeptical as to whether or not it's the most recent download of the Firespitter plugin.

I mean this button:

AST1TXH.png

This button is always up to date, all the time yes? :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I hate to ask the same question again, but the 'download plugin' link on Snjo's firespitter github landing doesn't have a date listed, and it always makes me skeptical as to whether or not it's the most recent download of the Firespitter plugin.

I mean this button:

Spoiler

AST1TXH.png

This button is always up to date, all the time yes? :P

I have no idea.  But going in through the source link and poking around gets you the standard Github release page for Firespitter.

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases

I take that and split it into the Plugins directory and everything else and manage those as 2 separate mod in JSGME with everything else requiring the Plugins dir.

EDIT:  Seeing @kcs123's reply below reminds me, I include the Plugins and Resources directories together.  It was required for one of the mods I was looking at and I thought I should include it by default.

Edited by Jacke

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

This button is always up to date, all the time yes?

Short answer - yes. Long answer - plugin link leads to same file as you manualy go trough master branch files and subfolders.

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/tree/master/For release/Firespitter/Plugins

Keep in mind that some mods also require resources config file that will not be downloaded along with plugin only file.

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/tree/master/For release/Firespitter/Resources

With the release of 1.2.x, are there any plans to move the landing gear parts to the Ground category? Also, if possible, please remove the **LEGACY** parts. I know how to do it, but it's a PITA to do every time I install a new build, and they really clutter up the part catalog.

On 30/12/2016 at 11:37 PM, Bombaatu said:

With the release of 1.2.x, are there any plans to move the landing gear parts to the Ground category? Also, if possible, please remove the **LEGACY** parts. I know how to do it, but it's a PITA to do every time I install a new build, and they really clutter up the part catalog.

Should I remove the Legacy parts and why? Where are them?

Edited by Agustin

The legacy parts are biplane parts, but they show up later in the tech tree. The current biplane parts are available at the start. 

The config files can be found in /GameData/Firespitter/Parts/biPlane - look for "part.cfg" & delete those; there will be one in each subfolder.

7 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

The legacy parts are biplane parts, but they show up later in the tech tree. The current biplane parts are available at the start. 

The config files can be found in /GameData/Firespitter/Parts/biPlane - look for "part.cfg" & delete those; there will be one in each subfolder.

So this does not remove the parts, just fixes the tech tree order in which parts appear? Still don't understand why shuold I do this. THanks though, I will do it I guess if you say I should...

Edited by Agustin

11 hours ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Not sure if anyone had ever pointed this out, but several parts would no longer work in 1.2, such as the fighter and fighter jet wings. Was this a glitch or a broken download on my part?

Roverdude barely have enough time to update plugin properly, that is dependency for a lot of other mods. Parts are low on priority list for fixing due to lack of free time. Some list of "broken" parts might help to sort out part pack, to remove those parts that is no longer possible to fix and put some info about others that can be fixed but are still broken due to lack of free time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble setting up FSfuelSwitch and hoping someone can help.

If i set a texture on the panel i'm switching in unity that doesn't change when switching in ksp, if i don't set a texture on the panel i just get a white panel that doesn't change. I don't know whether i've set it up wrong in unity or in the config.

Config

Spoiler

PART
{
    // Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
    // A Liquid fuel tank for the modular Storage 

mesh = NewModel

// --- general parameters ---
    name = KKAOSS_Liquid_Fuel_Tankff
    module = Part
    author = Nils277

// --- asset parameters ---
    scale = 1
    rescaleFactor = 1
    CoMOffset = -0.45, 0, 0

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_top = 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = fuelSystems
    entryCost = 7000
    cost = 2500
    category = FuelTank
    subcategory = 0
    title = K&K Liquid Fuel Container
    manufacturer = K&K Advanced Orbit and Surface Structures
    description = A container for Liquid-Fuel. Sadly this one is not intended to be used in a plane. This does not seem to bother the engineers at KSC though.

// --- attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision ---
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.35
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 15
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3000
    tags = fueltank jet ?lf only propellant tank planetary base container

// --- resources ---
    MODULE
    {
        name = FSfuelSwitch
        resourceNames = MetallicOre;Uraninite
        resourceAmounts = 450;4500
        initialResourceAmounts = 0;4500
        tankCost = 1800000;18000
        basePartMass = 0.05625
        tankMass = 0;0
        hasGUI = false
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        textureNames = 1MTO;2UO2
        objectNames = Containerd
        textureDisplayNames = MetallicOre;Uraninite
        useFuelSwitchModule = true
        fuelTankSetups = 0;1
        repaintableEVA = true
        nextButtonText = Next Cargo
        prevButtonText = Previous Cargo
        moduleID = 0
    }
}

Unity Hierarchy

EjVyNdY.png

Textureswitch seems to be working, or at least controling fuelswtich

w1m1zgz.png

pDvGtzr.png

but no textures are applied.

Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.