Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Hi, i tried to search this thread, but found no info on this. When i try to use the fighter landing gear, the plane starts jumping like mad as soon as it touches the ground after the plane is loaded on the landing strip. Is it a known issue? Can i do anything about it? Can the KJR do it?

Yep shall do that at the moment though I am doing a complete reinstall and download of all the mods I want.....AGAIN.

I have been on this for a week getting KSP to run with out errors with mods.

Kind of getting burnt out TBH no matter how carefull I am when installing mods,checking forum threads to insure compatibilty etc etc there is always some thing going wrong.

I know or I think I know Module manager was made to help with some mod conflicts etc etc.

What KSP needs is a mod manager that can check all mods you have downloaded

Check for duplicates

Check for known conflicts etc etc etc

I know Ckan does some of it but not all mod devs support it and tbh last time I used it I think it made a right mess...though at the moment it seems to be going the same route the manual way.

If I could programe or had any idea I would love to help fix errors but I have zero clue.

people that code I look up to as wizards its such and impressive skill.

Shall report back when I can.

Thanks for reply :0

13 hours ago, Kovrtep said:

Does your vehicle float in the air until it explodes? I think this happen when you scale some community aerodynamic parts.

Sorry missed your reply

Nope this was just a quick test to show a problem.

Even placed on some thing more stable I get the same error :(.

I am still debateing if I should redownload every one of my 97 mods fresh install and start again I have done this 2 so far in the past week any way but as said getting a bit burnt out from it all I have spent more time trying to set up KSP than I have playing it lol.

Tryed to get me bro into KSP he loved it till he kept getting CTD`s using the same mods I do though I dont CTD much just lots of errors spamming etc.He uses the exact same mods as me and his PC is a monster of a rig so no idea why he CTD and I dont.

Any way might try one more time today getting KSP set up again and see what happens :).

P.S

thanks for all your awesome work KSP in my eyes would not be what it is without the modding comunity thats for sure :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, so I installed this on 1.2, and it seems to work fine, except that I tried to make a B-29, which you have the perfect parts for that. But no matter what tail/back landing gear I use, the back landing gear bounces, causing the plane to launch into the air and then fall down, where it then repeats until it destroys the entire plane. I have reinstalled, is it a 1.2 issue, or some other part on the B-29's issue, or something else? the screenshots i have (meant to just put a link): IC278X6.png

VWigdks.png

BwYN7XJ.png

As you can see, this is pretty standard-looking. for the big back tail wing I used TweakScale, and I'll be willing to tell you my other mods if you want. I am not using Ferram, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

The mod is so damn great! I recently built an 8-engined massive seaplane that could land, had a little boat in it, unload the cargo with the tail ramp, take off again, and then fly around and land back at the KSC. All using the firespitter engines. I have a question: What use is the Lancaster parts if you don't even have other parts matching the camo or any other Lancaster parts included? How can you make a Lancaster bomber using the Lancaster engines but have no other Lancaster parts???

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've figured out the actual, honest to Kraken reason for the audio only playing in one ear!

zwBYzyS.png

set_panStereo was passed a 1. Think of panStereo like a bar. At 0, the audio is perfectly balanced. If you pass it a 1, it moves the bar to the right. Inversely, if you pass it a -1, it moves the bar to the left.

As you can see in the screenshot, panStereo was set to 1f, meaning that it's moving the audio channel to the right, and also meaning that this bug was caused by a typo this entire time.

I read the license and I'm not too sure if I would be allowed to post the fixed dll that I compiled, since there's "reusing code" and then there's "reuploading the entire .dll with a very, very minor tweak to fix a bug." The mod author hasn't logged in for two months and the github page is devoid of activity, so I'd thought I might as well ask here.

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

@ethanwdp - just toss a PR on the Firespitter repo.

9 hours ago, ethanwdp said:

I think I've figured out the actual, honest to Kraken reason for the audio only playing in one ear!

set_panStereo was passed a 1. Think of panStereo like a bar. At 0, the audio is perfectly balanced. If you pass it a 1, it moves the bar to the right. Inversely, if you pass it a -1, it moves the bar to the left.

As you can see in the screenshot, panStereo was set to 1f, meaning that it's moving the audio channel to the right, and also meaning that this bug was caused by a typo this entire time.

Ethan I went ahead and made PR 181 to save you the trouble.

EDIT: btw I made sure to kredit you for the fix

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

On 5/18/2017 at 6:44 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

Ethan I went ahead and made PR 181 to save you the trouble.

EDIT: btw I made sure to kredit you for the fix

Not to be pushy or anything, but is there a way (as a user) I can put this in my own install, or is this just a dev thing?

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Not without making a new thread.  Which I will do either with @Snjo's blessing, or if I see he's not around for several months.

Feel free to create a new thread, and I will update the first post with a link to that one.

On 2017-05-21 at 0:39 PM, Yoshidude said:

I don't know much about github :P

On Firespitter's github (and its forks), there's a "for release" folder. Assuming that the pull requests put the built .dll in there (instead of forgetting to replace the old one), you might be able to just mosey on over to one of the pull requests and grab the DLL from there, then just plop it into your Firespitter folder. Of course, this'll void your warranty :wink:

3 hours ago, ethanwdp said:

On Firespitter's github (and its forks), there's a "for release" folder. Assuming that the pull requests put the built .dll in there (instead of forgetting to replace the old one), you might be able to just mosey on over to one of the pull requests and grab the DLL from there, then just plop it into your Firespitter folder. Of course, this'll void your warranty :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.