Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

For Firespitter core you need following files in directory "..\GameData\Firespitter\Plugins\":

• Firespitter.dll
  • Firespitter.dll.mdb
  • Firespitter.pdb

Last two files might not be necessary, those are used for debuging purposes, but I can't tell 100% for sure, so better to include those too. From downloaded archive you will find those files in direcory: "..\For release\Firespitter\Plugins\"

In directory "..\GameData\Firespitter\Resources\" you only need one file:

• Firespitter.cfg

That one can be found in downloaded arcchive folder: "..\For release\Firespitter\Resources\"

Latest available Firespitter release can be found on github links in OP, or from few posts above:  Firespitter 7.13.0.

3 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Last two files might not be necessary, those are used for debuging purposes, but I can't tell 100% for sure, so better to include those too. From downloaded archive you will find those files in direcory: "..\For release\Firespitter\Plugins\"

The mdb and the pdb are the databases used for debugging the DLLs and they are somewhat useless without the debugger - that by its turn is only really useful when you use it on DLLs compiled in debug mode. Something that, ideally, we should avoid on deliverables. I have terrible memories from MFC on this. :D

So, unless you are debugging things, I'm prone to advise to get rid of *.mdb and *.pdb from your installment. My rationale is that if you are in need of debugging the thing, you should do it using the IDE and the get the source files to be compiled on your rig.

On deliverables without the source code available, that files would make some sense on the distribution - but such Add'On is not allowed here under Forum rules. And yet, they can be available on a separate download intended to the small fraction of users in need to use them instead of spamming the files for everybody.

As a example, the current firespitter DLL has a size of 232.448.  The mdb (access data file? :P ) has 112.726 and the PDB 433.664 . The debugging info are somewhat twice the size of the DLL itself. So only 1/3 of that payload is, effectively, needed and useful for the end users.

I've fixed it!!

1. Download latest version of Firespitter file from Github.

2. Search the cache of CKAN for the corrupt file and copy the name.

3. Rename the downloaded file and move it to the cache folder.

4. Overwrite the corrupted file and install Firespitter from the cache.

It works for me!!

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

The mdb and the pdb are the databases used for debugging the DLLs and they are somewhat useless without the debugger - that by its turn is only really useful when you use it on DLLs compiled in debug mode. Something that, ideally, we should avoid on deliverables. I have terrible memories from MFC on this. :D

Yep, I thought that those are not necessary, I never used those, my prefered method of debuging is as you mentioned, with proper IDE and sorce code. However, for some reason, mdb and pdb files were included in CKAN install and since @RoverDude maintain his own CKAN files, I was not sure if those were necessary or not. I'm not messing with .NET on daily basis, so can't tell for sure about it.

Thanks for clarification on this topic.

Edited by kcs123

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164744.076 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biplaneAileron/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.079 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biplaneAileron/wing_normal_NRM' not found!
190831T164744.107 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneElevator/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.110 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneElevator/wing_normal_NRM' not found!
190831T164744.123 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneRudder/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.126 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneRudder/wing_normal_NRM' not found!
190831T164744.175 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingCenter/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.178 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingCenter/wing_normal_NRM' not found!
190831T164744.201 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingRound/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.205 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingRound/wing_normal_NRM' not found!
190831T164744.217 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingShort/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.221 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingShort/wing_normal_NRM' not found!
190831T164744.234 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingTip/biPlane' not found!
190831T164744.240 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'Firespitter/Parts/biPlane/FS_biPlaneWingTip/wing_normal_NRM' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Hi ! 

Thanks for the answers !

I've tried everything dux aquila and ksc 123 said, but still not working...

The error on CKAN says "Could not find Firespitter/Plugins entry in zipfile to install."

CKAN.FileNotFoundKraken: Could not find Firespitter/Plugins entry in zipfile to install
   à CKAN.ModuleInstallDescriptor.ConvertFindToFile(ZipFile zipfile)
   à CKAN.ModuleInstaller.FindInstallableFiles(ModuleInstallDescriptor stanza, ZipFile zipfile, KSP ksp)
   à CKAN.ModuleInstaller.FindInstallableFiles(CkanModule module, ZipFile zipfile, KSP ksp)
   à CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)
   à CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, Boolean autoInstalled, String filename)
   à CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(ICollection`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IDownloader downloader, Boolean ConfirmPrompt)
   à CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.8.3815.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Version de l'assembly : 1.26.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.26.4
    CodeBase : file:///D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Version Win32 : 4.8.3801.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Version Win32 : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Version de l'assembly : 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Version Win32 : 4.8.3825.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Version Win32 : 4.8.3752.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Microsoft.CSharp.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.resources.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll

• 1 month later...

I've been running into an issue with 1.8 where I get stuck on Verifying Expansion: Breaking Ground right at the end of the load screen. I was able to narrow it down to the Firespitter Core module, but that's about as far as I got. If there's anything else I can do to get you more information let me know.

46 minutes ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

I've been running into an issue with 1.8 where I get stuck on Verifying Expansion: Breaking Ground right at the end of the load screen. I was able to narrow it down to the Firespitter Core module, but that's about as far as I got. If there's anything else I can do to get you more information let me know.

I can confirm this as well.  Not finding a defined error in the log either to show where it's messing up.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:32 PM, RoverDude said:

Will update once I am back in country in a week.

I see that the Module Manager just updated to version 4.1.1 with the following warning message;

" You are using a version of Firespitter that does not run properly on KSP 1.8+\nThis version may prevent the game from loading properly and may create problems for other mods"

3ei186.jpg

I hope this doesn't come across as demanding, I'm just trying to make a joke of what I believe is about to happen.

Although the warning message seems for a lower version ( 7.3.7175.38653) than the current latest, which I believe is 7.13.0...

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 5:59 AM, Virtualgenius said:

Hi @RoverDude  any chance we could get an updated firespitter.dll for 1.9.1 pretty please 

It looks like it's already working in 1.9.x, at least for me

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 1:35 AM, UltimateFlash15 said:

1.9.1 and mine's stuck on loading, at "Verifying Expansion: Breaking Ground SquadExpansion/Serenity" and earlier in the loading it says:

Your are using a version of Firespitter that does not run prooerly on KSP 1.8+.

This version may prevent the game from loading properly and may create problems for other mods.

(well, close to this).

I've got ridden of the main Firespitter mod folder and leave just the Firespitter plugin that came with Airplane Plus (That I have it installed. And it still says the same). I'll post a log if I find any.

EDIT: Perhaps that's because I accidentally had the Firespitter.dll inside GameData. I'vd just reinstalled the mod and trying it again.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

On 4/27/2020 at 10:35 AM, UltimateFlash15 said:

15 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

1.9.1 and mine's stuck on loading, at "Verifying Expansion: Breaking Ground SquadExpansion/Serenity" and earlier in the loading it says:

(well, close to this).

I've got ridden of the main Firespitter mod folder and leave just the Firespitter plugin that came with Airplane Plus (That I have it installed. And it still says the same). I'll post a log if I find any.

EDIT: Perhaps that's because I accidentally had the Firespitter.dll inside GameData. I'vd just reinstalled the mod and trying it again.

I use the version of Firespitter in Air Planes Plus.

Additionally if anyone is interested in making mod propellers, Eskandare Aerospace does not use Firespitter, but instead uses KerbalActuators by @Angel-125. It is easier to set up for making propellers with prop-blur, has a great hover controller, and returns the rotor/propeller to the start position for specific blade folding. Firespitter is the go-to plugin, and has been a part of the community for almost the life of KSP. Overall whether you use Firespitter or KerbalActuators it is a matter of personal preference. 

Again on my end Firespitter works for me on 1.9.1, And I haven't had any problems yet.

Edited by Eskandare

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rpayne88 said:

So I stuck a wooden tail skid on my Mach 3+ jet to prevent tail strikes during takeoff and suddenly I'm spawning at 1km.  Anyone else having this bug?

Yes. There's a lot of parts around with this problem, it's something weird on KSP's colliders at startup. I call this one "Jumping Jack Effect". :P 

Use World Stabiliser. It worked for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.