Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Download there, I just made the parts 2x larger, 4x heavier (that's how volume works) and set

MODULE

{

name = FSbuoyancy

buoyancyForce = 60

buoyancyIncrements = 10

waterImpactTolerance = 200

}

http://i.imgur.com/iTXlPgC.jpg

Plane in space with pontoons looks a bit... weird

:) nice.

I just thought: if they could be use as fuel tanks, all the fuel will be used on the way to the target, and then they're just "pontoons" (the usual "take the most of something and don't waste anything" when you go to space).

Im having trouble downloading without it being corrupted. im up to 5 tries now and everytime its corrupted. How do i fix this? trying to open with winzip. this is the error message i keep receiving. ! C:\Users\viperwolf02\Desktop\uploads-2013-12-FirespitterPre3.zip: Unexpected end of archive

Im having trouble downloading without it being corrupted. im up to 5 tries now and everytime its corrupted. How do i fix this? trying to open with winzip. this is the error message i keep receiving. ! C:\Users\viperwolf02\Desktop\uploads-2013-12-FirespitterPre3.zip: Unexpected end of archive

Use a download manager, something like Free Download Manager - the Spaceport has a nasty habit of truncating large downloads, a download manager will restart them and get them to complete for you.

Use a download manager, something like Free Download Manager - the Spaceport has a nasty habit of truncating large downloads, a download manager will restart them and get them to complete for you.

i thought it may have something to do with SP. Thank you for the advice. i appreciate it

I would like to ask one favor, can anybody tell me what object should I use in this model?

It's kosmos's fairing and I'd like to use FStextureswitcher. Can anybody help? :blush:

You can list all the objects in the model to the log if you have the list objects option on in the cfg. You'll just have to try them one by one, with a restart of the game per try, unfortunately.

It seems this thread dosen't get much attention these days, barley 2 replies per day.

That might have something to do with a lack of dev news lately, I've been taking it pretty easy since new year, alternately recharging the batteries and being ill :)

I figure this mod doesn't generate as many war stories, or help requests for in game use as some other mods. At least after the install is done and everything works.

I figure this mod doesn't generate as many war stories, or help requests for in game use as some other mods..

I think that's also because it has such excellent documentation provided compared to many other mods, for which I thank you :)

I really wonder how I make this work :/

Well, the problem is it's very hard to know what's wrong when stuff doesn't work. As long as the folder is in the right location, the textures and sounds will work. As long as the dll is present anywhere within gamedata, that will work.

There's always the option that something goes horribly wrong during some code execution, crashing the whole thing. But all I know is it works with stock KSP + FS, and many other combinations. Beyond that, you will need to dump the error log to pastebin or something after you know you've tried a correct installation with just FS and KSP. If that works, add other mods one by one until it fails. At that point you know where it fails.

Well, the problem is it's very hard to know what's wrong when stuff doesn't work...

I think blackheart612 is referring specifically to using the texture switch module on procedural fairings. I've been trying to do the same, I think the difficulty seems to be the way the transform is generated in the procedural fairings module it doesn't have a statically defined object name.

Hmmm, I placed the Firespitter folder in my Gamedata, but the props don't spin and wings don't provide lift. Was I supposed to move everything inside Firespitter folder to KSP, not the firespitter folder to gamedata?

Pretty much every time I had issues with the props not doing what they should it had to do with the .dll not being in the right place.

Hmmm, I placed the Firespitter folder in my Gamedata, but the props don't spin and wings don't provide lift.

You've installed it correctly, the most likely issues are either the dll being blocked by anti-malware, or conflict with another mod. If you can't resolve it, please upload the output_log.txt file from within [path]/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data to a file sharing site where it can be accessed, and provide the link to it in another message.

Just thought of an idea for cockpits. We've got the round bubble that was used on the P-51 Mustang, but I think it'd be nice to also have a cockpit similar to either the BF-109 or the FW-190.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has told you about this Snjo, but (For me at least) the fighter landing gear never is quite straight enough for planes to take off, even your packaged planes. It seems to be about 2 or 3 degrees off, either outwards or inwards, and either way, the plane ends up crashing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.