Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

when i try to load the k-17 flying mermaid it says it is missing parts, where do i get the missing pieces?

You are missing Tosh's Seaplane floats.

If they are on spaceport you are in luck, otherwise, search on this forum, and hope the author re-uploaded them after the forum kraken ate everything.

The ones I used were actually a resurrection by someone else of these parts. If that doesn't pop back up, I will just have to create my own at some point. 'cause floats are very useful with all this water around.

Made my own floats instead.

VL1sWq5.png

That sinking feeling that I'm about to rig my... 6th? set of landing gears.

edit: Oh, and it's a mustang for the ocean, guess what I named the plane.

Time to bring out the angry lady , which is an modfied firespitter i built in vab haha ^^. How does those reacts to touching water? cheers

Quite well. they have a high impact tolerance, and are very light so they float well without too much drag.

The problematic part with sea planes is the take off. By default parts will want to dig into the water at speed. I counter most of it by making the nose part of the float very light, and by angling the plane on the floats so much that you get a high angle of attack/incidence when taking off.

Fuel balance is also a concern in sea planes. If you balance has shifted when you drain fuel, you might never take off from the water again, so design around that.

I need to make a new tail float before I release these. With fins probably.

I figured out how to get the sounds to work on a mac. You need to create a folder called sounds within each of the firespitter parts folder and put all of the relevant sounds to that part in the folder. I'm not sure why it references the sounds from this folder instead of the main sounds folder but it works.

I figured out how to get the sounds to work on a mac. You need to create a folder called sounds within each of the firespitter parts folder and put all of the relevant sounds to that part in the folder. I'm not sure why it references the sounds from this folder instead of the main sounds folder but it works.

That's great! Now we also have a bug and a workaround to report to squad so they can fix it.

What is the "gunner" module?

The camera that's not working well enough to use yet.

Avro Lancaster?

That's a pretty plane. I want to do some of that very glassy girdered canopy stuff...

And those engines are nice. And the whole tail control surface stuff of course.

That's a pretty plane. I want to do some of that very glassy girdered canopy stuff...

And those engines are nice. And the whole tail control surface stuff of course.

Bomb bay? Anyway did you remember the hand starting? I want Jeb to spin a prop.

would it be possible to add adi and hsi functions to the mfds?

I'm trying to figure out what those instruments do. too many acronyms in the articles. What I want to do is an artificial graphical navball replacement. But it's a big coding job, and plenty of mathy stuff. So it may take some time.

I'm having a bug where sound doesn't work at all sometimes. About 50% of the time, sound won't work on the engines when I startup the game, and 50% of the time it works.

Are you starting the game the same way each time? Old shotcuts can have incorrect paths in the "Start in" field. Try starting the game from the exe, or recreate the shortcut.

Bomb bay? Anyway did you remember the hand starting? I want Jeb to spin a prop.

I forgot, but I've figured out some stuff in the mean time that will make the cranking easier to implement.

Bomb bays are still high on my list. It just seems to get forgotten :(

I also made some kick ass missile pods with InfiniteDice that I want to tweak and include.

Got the amount of junk on the helicopter engines down, so it can actually fit on the screen:

KzIpNl8.png

In this image you can see the line for status and flame-out cause are also gone. Not sure if you guys would rather have that info at the cost of screen space. Not sure how cramped this stuff is on your monitors.

Oh, and if you feel your helicopter come out weird looking, you can always take comfort in this ugly buggers existence:

8QfBCb4.png

Got the amount of junk on the helicopter engines down, so it can actually fit on the screen:

KzIpNl8.png

In this image you can see the line for status and flame-out cause are also gone. Not sure if you guys would rather have that info at the cost of screen space. N

Woa great ui work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.