Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

New version, v6.2

for the new ARM KSP version

-Landing gear tires bump, screech and smoke when touching down, and have rolling and retract sounds.

-Overhauled the Water launch system. Save your current position to re-use in new vessels. Launch anywhere on Kerbin! More reliable coordinate saving.

-Scaled f-86 wing lift back to 72%, which should be around the realistic lift amount (still more than stock lift)

-Subtle braking sound.

-Fixed some old tail gear scaling and floating point error rendering issues (Scale has changed a little bit)

-Support for part effects (sounds etc) in the animation module.

There may be some rough edges that I have forgotten about. If you notice any weirdness in new features, or bugs in general, let me know.

King Air's generally employ the highly popular and extremely prolific Pratt and Whitney PT6A turbine. One of the most successful and long-lived turbine engines in aviation. I've certainly come to trust them after all the hours behind one and I'd love to see one in KSP. Nothing quite like that startup, just freaking killer, and with this new firespitter.dll it should be possible to have a startup sequence audio... *runs off to find samples*

Finally did the simple job of creating some rounded nose pieces. One short and one three times longer. If I can focus, I will try to knock out some more pieces from the ol' wishlist.

And cause I know PolecatEZ is doing some pretty cool retexturing, I am including the UV guides with the parts.

paxvtSN.png

3WQLg1W.png

Edited by Snjo

King Air's generally employ the highly popular and extremely prolific Pratt and Whitney PT6A turbine. One of the most successful and long-lived turbine engines in aviation. I've certainly come to trust them after all the hours behind one and I'd love to see one in KSP. Nothing quite like that startup, just freaking killer, and with this new firespitter.dll it should be possible to have a startup sequence audio... *runs off to find samples*

The sound I hear every day when a single King-Air flies by around the same time is just beautiful. It's such a lovely aircraft.

Finally did the simple job of creating some rounded nose pieces. One short and one three times longer. If I can focus, I will try to knock out some more pieces from the ol' wishlist.

And cause I know PolecatEZ is doing some pretty cool retexturing, I am including the UV guides with the parts.

http://i.imgur.com/paxvtSN.png

http://i.imgur.com/3WQLg1W.png

nice! :)

I am a fan of the p-38 and the shorts 330 or military version C23 Sherpa , I wouldnt mind seeing some command pods with various plane shapes ;)

http://i.imgur.com/paxvtSN.png

http://i.imgur.com/3WQLg1W.png

Sweet!

The only request I would have would be an active sweep wing part, preferably 1 in an F-14 size and another in a B1 size. I'm thinking like an integrated base/hinge and animated wing with control surfaces.

1280px-B-1B_over_the_pacific_ocean.jpg

Hello Snjo,

First of all a big thanks for the awesome Mod.

After the update i got the new Version and wanted to launch a Ship using your Waterlaunch System. Every time the system spawns like i set it up to do(location and Altitude) only to slam me into the bottom of the Ocean.(Timer is already at max)

Are there known Conflicts with other Mods?

List of Mods i am running is:

-Toolbar

-Mechjeb

-Skillfull by ID

-K.Engineer

-Part Highlighter

-Select Root

-Editor Extensions

-Steam Gauges

-Time Control

-TAC Fuel Balancer

- and lastly Kerbal Alarm Clock

Sincerely,

BSR

Does anybody have the oblong nose part that had the built in Intake and the .625m Node on the nose? That and think we can get a Long nose intake Akin to the F-100 Super saber?? and a longer tail Engine??

Edited by Hellbrand

I know right. We already have the wings for the supersaber. and the tail... and the elevators... though a more powerful engine would be awesome, also! a nose cockpit/intake combo similar to that of the A-7 Corsair/F-8 crusader :D

Hello Snjo,

First of all a big thanks for the awesome Mod.

After the update i got the new Version and wanted to launch a Ship using your Waterlaunch System. Every time the system spawns like i set it up to do(location and Altitude) only to slam me into the bottom of the Ocean.(Timer is already at max)

Are there known Conflicts with other Mods?

List of Mods i am running is:

-Toolbar

-Mechjeb

-Skillfull by ID

-K.Engineer

-Part Highlighter

-Select Root

-Editor Extensions

-Steam Gauges

-Time Control

-TAC Fuel Balancer

- and lastly Kerbal Alarm Clock

Sincerely,

BSR

There aren't any known incompatabilities, but that's mostly because it hasn't been tested for that. As I've said before, this is not using an elegant method for moving vessels, it's held together using duct tape and bobby pins.

Other than increasing the time even further if your game is super slow to load the flight scene, I don't have any good ideas I'm afraid. I may improve upon the module later based on some awesome research done by HoneyFox for Kerbtown, but right now it's a nice bonus if it does work, and not much I can do when it doesn't.

As always, try just KSP + FS and see if the issue persists. If not, re add mods until the bleeding stops or the patient expires.

Use of mod may cause nullreference ear drums, involuntary bow movement, loss of mission, or spontaneous combobulation. Dividing by zero when operating propulsion devices may cause Krakenitis. Do not operate heavy machinery within 48 hours of self medicating. Consult your physicist before taking FlamSputex.

Niiice!

Snjo, when you get a sec, could you check out pWings's procedural control surface? I'm trying to apply the texture switcher to it and failing. No log messages...

It works fine for the regular and the all-moving wings BTW.

Here's what I have now:

@PART[pCtrlSrf1]
{
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch
moduleID = 0
showListButton = true
textures
{
name = ProceduralDynamics/Parts/Aero/procedural_ControlSurface_1/model000
name = RftS/FS/SurfGreen
name = RftS/FS/SurfBlack
}
objects
{
name = obj_ctrlSrf
name = model
name = Armature
name = Root
name = Tip
}
}
}

I'm just tossing all the transforms I could at it...

Niiice!

Snjo, when you get a sec, could you check out pWings's procedural control surface? I'm trying to apply the texture switcher to it and failing. No log messages...

It works fine for the regular and the all-moving wings BTW.

Here's what I have now:

@PART[pCtrlSrf1]
{
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch
moduleID = 0
showListButton = true
textures
{
name = ProceduralDynamics/Parts/Aero/procedural_ControlSurface_1/model000
name = RftS/FS/SurfGreen
name = RftS/FS/SurfBlack
}
objects
{
name = obj_ctrlSrf
name = model
name = Armature
name = Root
name = Tip
}
}
}

I'm just tossing all the transforms I could at it...

First, try only one object at a time, restarting the game for each attempt (annoying but necessary). An incorrect object will throw an error, stopping a correct object later in the list from getting the tex swap.

Wait a second... thos elook like that new airbus military transport that looks alot like the C-130

Making a rear exhaust port that didn't look like ass, carving out a round hole from the mesh was not going well at all, until I saw the picture here, which I think looks awesome, and is also a lot easier to model.

There's something Portal/Star Warsy about it.

k5sbKg3.png

Edited by Snjo

Snjo: Ah, I didn't see any error in the log (caught exception maybe? or not even that?) so I thought I should just try everything. Will fix.

Also, thanks so much for the nosecones--I didn't even realize you'd added them!

They let me make this pretty little thing (instead of, y'know, doing my work):

aVemIvCl.jpg

Edited by NathanKell

Snjo: Ah, I didn't see any error in the log (caught exception maybe? or not even that?) so I thought I should just try everything. Will fix.

Also, thanks so much for the nosecones--I didn't even realize you'd added them!

Let me make this pretty little thing (instead of, y'know, doing my work):

http://i.imgur.com/aVemIvCl.jpg

The nose cones and adapters are in the pre-release, now listed in github releases

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.