Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

The 0.25 dll is available here, i just haven't baked it into a full release yet, since the rest of the package is still a bit messy.

@dr. death, there used to be a few separate craft files for FAR planes since they needed tweaks to wing positions. I never even attempted helicopter with FAR myself. They might work just fine, but almost certainly not with a craft file made for stock aero.

helicopters works..need some more skils aspacjaly in 7 pre(that one wich are coded to be wings) but its fun to play within

even with updated dll AVC still says firespitter is out of date.

edit- i guess its that .version file but i wouldnt know how to edit that thing other than maybe turning into a txt and changing the .24.2 entry to .25 but im worried im worried ill break something

Edited by Jagzeplin

even with updated dll AVC still says firespitter is out of date.

edit- i guess its that .version file but i wouldnt know how to edit that thing other than maybe turning into a txt and changing the .24.2 entry to .25 but im worried im worried ill break something

Even if developers would not recommend it, if you want to get rid of the alert (you can safely ignore it), just edit the .version file with notepad or any text editor and change the KSP version into it so you should be fine with no alert if you want so... but notice you could miss the update ;) So you'll have to check here... Or you can just remove AVC from this add-on directory as well.

Thanks for the update snjo, and what the use of:

ProcessNodeAsStringList: ProcessNodeAsStringList: moduleNodeArray.length 0

debug msgs ?

Could it be possible to remove the display on screen (they appears in group of 3 on each launch), doesn't looks very useful for users :/.

I've searched the thread but couldn't find a foolproof answer, so pardon me for asking this... But how on earth do you use Hover Throttle mechanic?

I've tried building VTOL planes, but as soon as I hit the "Hover Mode" action group, the engines keeping me in the air seemed to suddenly get their thrust reduced. They didn't slam to the ground straight away, but started losing altitude, and no matter what I did with the throttle, there seemed to be of no avail. Could anyone give me a couple of "hovering for dummies" hints, as I'm missing this completely? ^^'

I've searched the thread but couldn't find a foolproof answer, so pardon me for asking this... But how on earth do you use Hover Throttle mechanic?

I've tried building VTOL planes, but as soon as I hit the "Hover Mode" action group, the engines keeping me in the air seemed to suddenly get their thrust reduced. They didn't slam to the ground straight away, but started losing altitude, and no matter what I did with the throttle, there seemed to be of no avail. Could anyone give me a couple of "hovering for dummies" hints, as I'm missing this completely? ^^'

Your VTOL is probably over-weight

it has been quite a while since the .dll and the .25 update, is FS 7 still on testing or what?

Wanting to know if there has been any progress so far for FS 7? Github bug tracker shows he's around 60% there, but in meantime lots of bugs due to other MODs dependencies on FS end up with me crashing tons.

Thanks.

Wanting to know if there has been any progress so far for FS 7? Github bug tracker shows he's around 60% there, but in meantime lots of bugs due to other MODs dependencies on FS end up with me crashing tons.

Thanks.

That's why things like IR, KAS and FS and RPM are priority mods to update, most mods are dependant on those.

how do I use the dll?

i'll give you the general case, you can extrapolate the specific one:

1. download and install the basic mod as normal (skip this step as needed)
  2. Download the DLL in question
  3. Find the identical DLL in your mod's directory
  4. Put the new DLL in the same directory, allowing it to overwrite
  5. ...
  6. prophet (possibly Sir Jeb of the graceful crashes?)
  7. ???
  8. Enjoy KSP+Mod+Updated DLL

5. ...
  7. ???

ok. thanks

5. ...
  7. ???

What happens if the anti-virus warning comes on when downloading the dill and deletes itself?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.