Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Need a lot more specificity. Mod works perfectly fine and does not eat Kerbin, odds are something else is going down.

Do you have access to the original model? You're going to need the object names from the model.

Thanks! I was actually able to import the model to blender (using the KSP mu plugin) and it looks like i have the object name =)

EDIT: So i have the object name, then i read this in the Wiki:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]WARNING: If the part name has an underscore in it, KSP translates this to a period. This will trick this module into not finding the part and its textures. Drop the underscore in part name (in folder names it’s OK).[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

the object name does indeed have a underscore in it. it looks like this "Fuel_Tank" Ive tried writing it in the config as FuelTank or Fuel Tank. Neither get the module to work.

I already did this for another part (which does not have an underscore in the objectname) and it works fine, which leads me to belive this may be what im doing wrong.

Sorry to be a bother :( Any ideas ?

Edited by rabidninjawombat

I'm having the same problem as korogg and I have seen another reference to the issue in the modded support section. I build a craft, go to launch it and the screen goes black except for the hud immediately after loading physics.

Many of the textures, especially for oblong parts, have their textures darkened significantly on one side, at least in the SPH. It may be a result of Active Texture Management. I have rotated the parts to check if it was real shadow, but it proved my view correct that the texture is shaded oddly on one side.

I am having a problem with the new mod, whenever i try to load up a plane, it just explodes right on the runway. Don't understand why but when the physics load on the runway, it gets like a short skip and then just flies in the air completely discombobulated. Love this mod and I just really want help fixing this.

I am having a problem with the new mod, whenever i try to load up a plane, it just explodes right on the runway. Don't understand why but when the physics load on the runway, it gets like a short skip and then just flies in the air completely discombobulated. Love this mod and I just really want help fixing this.

Having this problem as well. Not with the Biplane (it's fine!) but the Bomber just explodes.

Right now I have no mods except Firespitter.

Having this problem as well. Not with the Biplane (it's fine!) but the Bomber just explodes.

Right now I have no mods except Firespitter.

Kraken LOVES FireSpitter wings and winglets for some reason. Don't use them in your craft and everything will be fine.

FSoblongMultiTank is under the 'start' tech node. The node 'aerodynamicSystems' is commented out right after it.

It looks like someone forgot to UNDO that override after testing as this tank clearly doesn't go in 'start'.

Hey, is anyone else having issues with the helicopter rotor? When editing the rotor you can only open the tweakable menu once. Once open it will stay open until you click on and move the rotor. After the rotor has been moved the tweakable menue will no longer open unless you trash the rotor and place a new one. Also the rotor will flash green after it has been edited by the tweakable menu.

Were any of the changes from version 7.1.1 to 7.1.3 in the part .cfg files? The reason I ask is because I made some personal changes to some of the part .cfg files and I don't want to have to manually sort all of that out again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.