Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

16 minutes ago, Table said:

thanks bby

For future reference here is a surefire way to find it. (it's what I used)

In your address bar type www.google.com. Hit enter

In the search bar type KSP Firespitter github

14 minutes ago, Hyratel said:

is there a discrete way to test Firespitter Core's functionality? because I'm having failures with both RetroFuture tanks and Roverdude's Otter sub parts

did the failure involve the dev release of firespitter's texture switcher not working (no "next/previous texture" buttons)? i had this problem with @raidernick's R7 fuel tanks under 1.1 prerelease, but haven't investigated further.

So I've installed the 1.1 version of firespitter and the animations still aren't working in my game. Propellers do produce thrust, but they make no sound or animations. Is this a problem anyone else is having?

17 minutes ago, 8bitsblu said:

So I've installed the 1.1 version of firespitter and the animations still aren't working in my game. Propellers do produce thrust, but they make no sound or animations. Is this a problem anyone else is having?

Only plugin is updated for KSP 1.1. All parts should be revised to function properly in new release. That might happen when devs get some free time to update those.

1 hour ago, speedwaystar said:

did the failure involve the dev release of firespitter's texture switcher not working (no "next/previous texture" buttons)? i had this problem with @raidernick's R7 fuel tanks under 1.1 prerelease, but haven't investigated further.

yes - multi-mode tanks don't provide the type selector buttons. are the necessary changes documented anywhere?

2 hours ago, Hyratel said:

is there a discrete way to test Firespitter Core's functionality? because I'm having failures with both RetroFuture tanks and Roverdude's Otter sub parts

If it's acting flaky let me know - in theory mesh switching and animations should have been fine, but I have not had a chance to go over all of the bits yet.

1 hour ago, Hyratel said:

yes - multi-mode tanks don't provide the type selector buttons. are the necessary changes documented anywhere?

There should be no changes... so if multi-select is not working, it's a bug.  

pull in a RetroFuture Firespitter-prop and I see this -

WsKFWz0.png

Firespittermultitanks from RetroFuture also cause breakage - one tapered tank-adapter becomes unselectable after right clicking and getting no menu

Edit - I just checked and I do not have old MM Cache, no extraneous copies of the FS plugin. this is as stripped-down an install as I could make for this test

Edited by Hyratel

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/blob/master/For%20release/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll has a compilation date of 9 Nov 2015, although the parent folder is marked updated for 1.1 https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/commit/66fac87610cefb72b7f190c32a173b7bb60fbece 

maybe a commit got omitted?

Edited by speedwaystar

10 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

maybe a commit got omitted?

you look on wrong place aka check this https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases you will find FireSpitter_7.2.0.zip, inside zip Firespitter.dll date when that file was update / create is 15.03.2016
@RoverDude  when i check logs i discover few thing, error like

[ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading Firespitter, Version=7.1.5790.33347, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__45.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 20:38:40.905] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading Firespitter, Version=7.1.5790.33347, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

[ERR 20:37:25.380] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Firespitter': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Firespitter.customization.FSfuelSwitch' from assembly 'Firespitter, Version=7.1.5790.33347, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

For see more i add logs, hope it will help:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3VG5TcEtpOHhNY1E/view?usp=sharing
Cheer & Salute

Edited by Blacks

Hey folks, KAX won't be officially supporting KSP 1.1 until its release.  For the experimental version of 1.1 available to Steam users, you can find the Firespitter for 1.1 pre-release here, https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases, and use the Firespitter.dll to replace the one in the KAX's included Firespitter folder.

38 minutes ago, grosser_Salat said:

I had no problem so far with Firespitter in 1.1.

But I realized that it is way to far behind in the techtree. It comes after the first jet engines, which really isn't the point of having lovely biplanes after the jetarea.

Kerbals wanted moar power so they ignored Biplanes mostly :P

Biplanes appeared due to a retro phase in society that brought them back into favor.

20 hours ago, grosser_Salat said:

I had no problem so far with Firespitter in 1.1.

But I realized that it is way to far behind in the techtree. It comes after the first jet engines, which really isn't the point of having lovely biplanes after the jetarea.

Agreed, I'll likely move the biplane to start, and the next prop plane to the first aviation node (unless  @Snjo  objects).

I'm really enjoying using these lovely parts, but I'm having a bit of an issue with the Fighter Jet Wing. As soon as those fancy forward flaps deploy, my plane begins uncontrollably nosing upwards. Is there something I can do to fix that, or some way to disable the flaps?

Edit: Maybe some lines I can delete from a .cfg somewhere, even? I have a really great plane, except that if I pitch a tiny bit too hard, the stupid slats deploy and send it into an uncontrollable backflip, which then usually turns into a flat spin.

Edited by SaintWacko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.