Test pilot wanted

ThePyrateCaptain

Mind if I give this a Try, my Computer can Run it (even with 26 mods already installed) and it looks like fun.

Question: does it have a Speeder Bay?

Never thought of adding the speeder/cargo bay. What a cool idea. Well it's not quite ready for release, real atmospheric flight issues, tends to flip like a quarter above 500m/s. lol, guess ya can't go sublight in the atmosphere, and still fine tuning the systems, but soon this will be released.

It would be interesting to see a YT-2000, like the Otana in X-Wing Alliance. Now, that thing could fly!

I have the official Haynes manual on the YT series ships, and I looked up the 2000, and the 2400, they are both interesting designs, maybe if I can find meshes.. My actual ideas on add another star wars mesh, the corellian corvette, (tantive IV) ((rebel blockade runner)),

I have the official Haynes manual on the YT series ships, and I looked up the 2000, and the 2400, they are both interesting designs, maybe if I can find meshes.. My actual ideas on add another star wars mesh, the corellian corvette, (tantive IV) ((rebel blockade runner)),

Interestingly enough, I think I have the same Haynes owners manual (Isn't it just for the Millenuim Falcon, with the other ships of the YT series meerly a footnote?)

Mind if I give this a Try, my Computer can Run it (even with 26 mods already installed) and it looks like fun.

Would need some images on the speeder bay, I did manage to add the dorsal docking tube, even animated it. Now you can dock in orbit with a nebulon b frigate.

The Millenium Falcon doesn't have a speeder bay. It has a cargo elevator in the engine room, which could be used for speeders or something.

Kinda wishing I had unity pro, seems to offer more tools and such, am cutting the textures down a bit. Just remember, I'm learning. Also I don't know about the rest of you, but I learn by taking things apart and re assembling them. Kinda a learn on the fly approach. I read tutorials, but nothing beats the hands on experience. If it ain't broke, take it apart and find out why?, lol....

Edited by ThePyrateCaptain

Well an update, sorta..

The Falcon is pretty much balanced for flight, using linear rcs thrusters for steering, simple thrusters for solar flight, hyperedit for FTL drive in system, antigravity for landing, has animated gear, boarding ramp, it flies pretty good. HOWEVER,

I developed this using 0.18.4. And when you run it using 19 anything, it becomes very unstable. Lol, new mechanics I suppose. It is still a huge model, and even though I reduced it a bunch, still pretty big. I think the main issue will be when using it in 19, I don't use 19. Will tinker with it a bit. Don't know if people will want it like this, but hey cut me some slack, I'm new at this stuff....

Cm