[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

Czo, new forum user, longtime lurker reader. I really like you writing, and your english is better than some Americans. Do you think you could maybe write a guide or just a few tips on the forum on writing AARs? I'd like to write one, but I'm fairly certain it would be pretty bad, and I'm sure other people feel the same. Could you maybe make a new forum thread with some pointers? We'd all be grateful, though I'm not asking for anything of length.

Czo, new forum user, longtime lurker reader. I really like you writing, and your english is better than some Americans. Do you think you could maybe write a guide or just a few tips on the forum on writing AARs? I'd like to write one, but I'm fairly certain it would be pretty bad, and I'm sure other people feel the same. Could you maybe make a new forum thread with some pointers? We'd all be grateful, though I'm not asking for anything of length.

He's actually planning that, but we don't know when it's coming.

• 3 months later...

I was supposed to write this a long time ago, I guess it's about time to finally do what I promised :)

When's the sequel to this story coming out? I really like your writing and I hope you make a sequel, otherwise I'll just have to write it myself hehe :D

I think I'll wait until 0.90 seeing how important the incoming changes are:

Kerbal Experience - We’re using the created experience tracking system to give Kerbals traits. These traits will level up as they partake in missions and accomplish goals, increasing the unique passive bonuses each Kerbal will be generated with.

(...)

Biomes Everywhere - Revising all of the old ones and adding new ones to every single planet and moon.

(...)

Upgradable buildings - The last big feature missing from career mode and the reason why our art team has been chained to their desks for months now. Every building is getting a tech progression path which will slowly unlock all of their current capacities and some new ones. Take your space center from an amateur project to a world class space center.

All these things may come in handy for me story-wise. There's also a small chance that Squad will add a new planet which would be fantastic and of which I could make a good use :)

The ck2 thing ended though (and on an awesome note too). I know it's going on to EU4 but has that already started?

Thanks :) No, it shall start in c.10-14 days since I'm waiting for a DLC to be released (lots of important changes too).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good Kod, that story... So many twists and turns that my personal Tropepedia sat on its thumbs... So deep and thourough character development... And that ending.

I am mind blown. Completely, utterly. I have no words, for all words can do is insult this piece of work. Exquisite. Truly exquisite.

Czockletmuss is clearly talented and writes very well. Maybe he could have a career as a writer or something relate that. However, I feel his style to delay end solutions and take many strange new things in every chapter to just left them open quite annoying. But that is just my opinion. I feel more straightforward stories with much detailed background information more entertaining. I hope that he will get an inspiration to write some nice end solution to this great story and if he does that I am surely addicted again.

Good Kod, that story... So many twists and turns that my personal Tropepedia sat on its thumbs... So deep and thourough character development... And that ending.

I am mind blown. Completely, utterly. I have no words, for all words can do is insult this piece of work. Exquisite. Truly exquisite.

Czockletmuss is clearly talented and writes very well. Maybe he could have a career as a writer or something relate that. However, I feel his style to delay end solutions and take many strange new things in every chapter to just left them open quite annoying. But that is just my opinion. I feel more straightforward stories with much detailed background information more entertaining. I hope that he will get an inspiration to write some nice end solution to this great story and if he does that I am surely addicted again.

One day, when KSP is no longer in early access, I would like to do exactly this. And thank you for kind words and criticism - I'm glad that some people are still having fun reading this story. Hell, it's been almost a year - time passes quickly :)

Actually, I kinda expected a different ending after reading Epiloque part 2. I used all the plot twists in my disposal, but yours was all unexpected.

Actually... If it isn't too much to ask, could I possibly post here my version? As an alienate ending or something?

Yeah I know, I know, but that's why I said alternate ending isn't it :P

Anyways, thank you so much, Czo! Is truly an honor for me, you know.

Epiloque - Part 3-4

The Next Generation and the Relics of the Past

ROZER: ... and this is everything that happened during Proteus' Grand Tour. And I quess you know more or less what followed, or at least how your mother described it. And I'm sure her journal is full of nonsense about an epic adenture full of drama, volatile but bonded relations between the crew, dangers that the alleged "power of trust" helped them solve, and the intense interception of the giant mothership the evil AI stole. I admit, I don't know exactly what happened up there, and she did find her Kod-damn husband on that trip. But just because "Hercules" had almost no casualties doesn't mean that the trip was all daisies and poppies -and it was basically a trip directly to Eeloo! And it was crazy accelerated in Kerbin orbit! But now you know what can happen on a trip as long as yours and more, when everything really screws up big time.

ROZER JR. : First of all, you old frakking piece of crap, don't you ever say a word about my mother again. She Koddamn took your place in the "Hercules" trip just so you could get some proper treatment for your cancer -and I have no idea how many strings she pulled to get you that pardon! You are a frakking murderer, and she still saved you! You should have died from that Duna infection, not her!

ROZER: Calm down, son.

ROZER JR: She even named me after you! I mean, come on, show some frakking glimpse of respect for once in your life!

ROZER: I said calm your ass down! I do aknowledge the sacrifices your mother did for me, and I always include her in my prayers every night. But still, her optimistic view on space travel is not what real space missions are. And you? You signed to a frakking mission to the stars! To a planet that may or may not be our only chance -we're not even sure about that even!!- . And this trip will last for more than just a couple of years this time , son. And the technology? How can you trust the tehnology? Haven't you been hearing what the frak I was saying to you all this time?!?! our frakking "top-notch" "Clean energy" yadda-yadda fusion drives? Failed, we almost became a ball of deformed superheated matter. Our "hyper-intelligent, compassionate" "best artificial intelligence can offer to Kerbal" and gronnek-.... like that operating system? Manipulated us, killed some of us, and stole a multi-trillion ship, leaving us stranded in dep space. Our "best material", "space-resilient" hull? Without a crazy AI oppressing our freedom and lives and looking over the ship's shoulders, what did it do? Frak space-resilient maerial, rak it to Kell- duct tape is what saved us in frakking space!!

ROZER JR: Now you're just being paran

ROZER: And what did you do? You signed up to a trip with a ship powered by a Koddamn Antimater Reactor hat's only controllable on the subatomic level and an Alkerbierre Drive that we've been thinking impossible until the time we trusted our future on whether or not some ancient civilization knew what it was doing!!! What will happen if one atom from three dozen hundred pounds of antimatter bypass the magnetic field? Nobody will ever know or sure - everyone close enough to the explosion to actually identify it as a ship exploding will not have a frakking brain cell surviving to tell the others. And if the Alkebierre Drive malfunctions while on warp mode? We don't know where you will exist, when you wil exist, in how many pieces will you exist, if you will exist at all -Kell, whether you will have ever existed even!!!!

ROZER JR: Frakking stop talking with your filthy mouth! I's not my fault if your backwards cells you insist on calling a brain no longer believes in change, but this is the friggin future! This is progress, this is proof that even on the brink of extintion, Kerbalkind will always march through and find ways to surive - even if it's such a risky and full-of-holes project. We have to trust progress, 'cause without it, we'e doomed. Look at the world around you, old man - look what your people have done to Kerbin. It's a wasteland, damn it - the only planet we are sure to be habitable is a relic of the past glory, because your generations refused to see what their way of life did to it - that's why the frak we have to rely on the planets we only speculate an replace our home. Expect if you think that, urge to explore the unknown notwithstanding, I will to leave our little green planet forever. That's what has to happen, though.

ROZER: ...

ROZER JR: Aren't you going to object or something? Of course you won't, you yourself told me at what lenghts your corrupt politicians have done to keep their "Free way of living" without aring for the welfare of the others. And your president said he would not let Kermarica become a third-world country in his lifespan? I hope he is happy to know he achieved it - The US was still on top of others when he got assasinated. I don't know how proud he would be of the current condition- there is no Kermarica at all. Or Kina, or Krussia, or Kfrance, or Krim, or OTAN, or Kaudi Narabia, or KAfrica, or Kreece, or Krain - just a world full of misfis and survivors. And all thank to his and his predeccecors' greed. Anything you have to say now, huh?!?!

ROZER: ...And you are still willing to sacrifice yourself for them? You said it yourself - Kerbality is not supposed to keep on going. No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. And those are our own flaws turning against us. I personally passed through my life serving this exact lifestyle, and only now I realised what I was: a machine, a machine programmed to serve those who Opress us All. And now, Kod is sending the Flood at us, and lo and behold, a bunch of wannabe Noahs who think they can make an Arc to preserve our corrupt speies, like we will become pure again. I say to Kell with it!

ROZER JR: ... I don't even know why I bother to conversate this with a senile piece of crap like you. After all, I'm an adult now, I'm independent, and I don't need you to give me your blessings to make my decisions.

ROZER:...

ROZER JR: And you're not even my real grandfather - you're just my mother's uncle! What, jsut because they gave you custody of me when my parents died means we're a nice happy family like all others?

ROZER JR.: That's what I thought.

*walks to the door*

ROZER JR.: Farewell, grandfather. See you on Hell.

*opens the door*

ROZER:...stop, son.

ROZER JR: *stops* What now, you frakker?

ROZER:... I am only caring about your well being, Rozer. I have passed through a lot at you age too. And I just couldn't take the pressure, it seems. THrough my whole life I felt no emotions, other than pure anger. Rage that would build up until it ollapsed on itself. And then depression came. And then I was a robot. And as you said, I even abandoned a comade for some pieces of rock. You're rright, I'm a murderer, and an empty shell of a man.

ROZER JR:...

ROZER: But now I can se what I did wrong. When I saw my niece caring so much about me, a man she barely knew really -she was that much of an angel-, I saw all that Jeb was trying to tell me, and punch me for. And then, straight after my surgery, I found a young kerblet looking at me with its puppy eyes, having lost as many people as I. And I understood what love is, what trust is. What it means o actually be able to onnect to a person, without thinking that he is conspiring behind your back, or conspiring yourself behind his for your survival.

ROZER: But you were not like me. Oh boy, not at all. No matter how dark you neame, on the inside you always saw good on the other's hearts, you always thought there was hope -and now I respect you sincerely or that, for maybe the first time. You never stopped believing that the world is a nice place, and worth fighting for. I will never believe in the first, and it is too late for me to do so -or you, even. But een if I gradually cease to believe in the second one, I respect you or actually making that practice.

ROZER JR:... *gives a wide-eyed look*

ROZER: *smiles (sincerely)* Go forth, my grandson. Make your family proud.

ROZER JR:...

ROZER JR.: You're a motherrakking piece of ...., Rozer. Going through all that hypocrisy just so you won't die alone and miserable.

*slams the door close*

*death silence fills the room*

ROZER: *smiles a smile full of pain* That's all you deserved really, old man. Seriously, this is exatly what he ought to give you, and he did.

*closes eyes*

*falls off the wheelhair*

Edited by Coga19000

I wish i followed this story eariler. Spent the last four days reading all, including the Kadmos mission and im speechless.

I...Wow, even that alt ending was powerful.

Czokletmuss you impress me and all the others.

So much emotions, turmoil, character development..

My brain is in many pieces and im just shocked.

You really deserve this rep, and have this thread stickied for good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
"small necorbump"

Czo, I'm requesting you permission to create a stock version of the IMV Proteus for the enjoyment of the community. Do you allow me?

Sure thing! :)

I wish i followed this story eariler. Spent the last four days reading all, including the Kadmos mission and im speechless.

I...Wow, even that alt ending was powerful.

Czokletmuss you impress me and all the others.

So much emotions, turmoil, character development..

My brain is in many pieces and im just shocked.

You really deserve this rep, and have this thread stickied for good.

Thank you very much! It's a really good feeling to read such kind words so long after the end of this story :) And I agree, unofficial ending made by Coga19000 is pretty good.

And to think that KSP v1.0 is being released in a few days, not to mention all these outstanding mods created by the community since this AAR has been completed... Maybe it's time to come back and finish the Grand Tour?

Edited by czokletmuss

Sure thing! :)

Thank you very much! It's a really good feeling to read such kind words so long after the end of this story :) And I agree, unofficial ending made by Coga19000 is pretty good.

And to think that KSP v1.0 is being released in a few days, not to mention all these outstanding mods created by the community since this AAR has been completed... Maybe it's time to come back and finish the Grand Tour?

Welcome back! Yes please! Always kept a watch for the return of this AAR!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.