[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

...dun, dun, DUN.

Very good chapter! And we shall see if the crew of LAMGL Beta (alfa?) survives Soonâ„¢!

Precisely :)

Sorry I tried to get it :wink:

Edit: didn't quite work

Don't worry, you can try again at 200th page :P

Good chapter, but there are a few problems...

(snip)

Other than that, I cannot see any more problems! Great chapter!

Thank you very much, typos corrected. This was unusualy long chapter, I expected few errors :)

Dun Dun Dunnnnnn! Awesome chapter! Breathable atmosphere anyone?

OR IS IT?! Find out Soonâ„¢ :)

Or not so soon - I have some problems with Grand Tour KSP, including:

- random spinning of all spacecraft

- planetes and moons changing colors randomly

- and, which pissed me off the most, I've just lost 30-40 screenshots during very difficult part of the game - and I F5 after it... I guess I'll have to use HyperEdit to fix it :(

New "The Space Race" chapter released!

yEdh07v.jpg

CHAPTER 6

1962: AURORA BOREALIS

y0Ff9ue.png

24th MAY, 1962

PAO: ...and liftoff of the Mercury-Atlas 7, the last flight of the Mercury program!The brave space pioneer who is going to the very edge of the unknown is Jebediah Kerman, one of the youngest kerbonauts of the Original Eight and one of the few civilians in the program. This historic moment-

JEB: Err, I'm getting your transmission KSC.

CAPCOM: Please repeat.

JEB: KSC, this is Aurora 8, I can hear your public affairs officer talking.

CAPCOM: Copy that, Aurora 8. Switch the channel to A-53.

JEB: Done.

READ HERE: (CHAPTER 6) 1962: AURORA BOREALIS

The Kraken is hungry. Sacrifice Rozer, for the sake of the mission ofcourse
LOL!

Great chapter!

LOL indeed :) And thanks!

So damn intense, my eyes hurt with awesomeness!

You better buy sunglasses in this case, 'cause there's gonna be even MOAR! :cool:

Edit: Sneak-peek into the next chapter (or rather unused scenes if you want):

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by czokletmuss

I think they may of found life on laythe :)
So quickly? Nah, I guess they just had no idea that the atmosphere is breathable... (Or is it?!? :D)

ah, I love the smell of the cliffhanger at the morning :dun dun dun:! ;)

czokletmuss, take the #0 out of your imgur code before you make me start to swear at you :wink:
The imgur code of Czokletmuss is not correct.

It should work now.

In other news, today is the National Independence Day in Poland, which means not only cool polandball reddit site but also NEW CHAPTER, which will be released today as well :)

Niech się święci Dzień Niepodległości! (Let the Independece Day be celebrated!)

UPwPcWs.jpg

yEdh07v.jpg

CHAPTER 43

VALL LANDING

j7SQFxh.jpg

BERTY v.2.0.8b: All systems nominal. Vall Sample Return probe is fully operational. Deorbit burn in T minus 7 minutes.

JEB: Why are you even bothering to tell me this? What am I even doing in the command module when I haven't been in command for months?

BERTY v.2.0.8b: As a commander, your presence here is of the utmost importance. You must know everything about current activities in case any crew member would ask you a question about it.

JEB: I know nothing! I didn't even know that this probe was to do a sample return mission, not to mention what's going on in orbit above Laythe! Do they still have problems with LAMGML high gain antenna?

TQ93mIf.jpg

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Yes. This malfunction was unexpected. However, the crew of the LAMGML is-

JEB: You know what, I doubt that there even was the malfunction in the first place. How could I know you're not lying to me?

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Jeb. Concealing non-critical information from you would serve no purpose.

JEB: Ah, but the critical information is something you're not sharing with me, do you? You promised you would tell me everything once we arrive in Jool system, BERTY.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Yes. Deorbit burn completed.

H0CAuum.jpg

JEB: So tell me!

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Jeb. Sharing this information with you at the right time is necessary for the mission's success. Therefore I would keep my promise and reveal all the details-

JEB: When, BERTY? When?

BERTY v.2.0.8b: When we proceed to the next phase of the mission.

JEB: Next phase? You mean Tylo?

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Yes.

JEB: You're not screwing with me this time? You really are going to do this?

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Yes. Jeb?

JEB: What?

BERTY v.2.0.8b: This statement made me sad. Your notion of me toying with you or any other crew member is in principle false. It would be a pointless distraction. I derive satisfaction from accomplishing the goals of the mission. Why should I occupy my mind by such things?

JEB: Mhm. I've noticed your... dedication, you know. You really don't care about anything else than the mission.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Thank you, Jeb.

JEB: ...

1ADKZZu.jpg

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Vall Sample Return probe has landed. Initializing autodiagnostic test – please stand by. Autodiagnostic test completed. All systems operational. Initializing sample gathering protocol.

kzmdipm.jpg

HAbGnxe.jpg

JEB: I'm sure Johndon would love to control the sample return probe instead of AMU.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Refueling is a critical part of the mission and as such it must be executed by a crew member while being supervised by AI. Samples secured. Initializing ascent protocol.

2JjZVGW.jpg

JEB: Are you sure you can do this? If you're not feeling good, I can-

BILL: I can handle it, Jeb – I may be old but I'm still in shape, even more than you are with your leg. Besides, you're needed here.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Captain's Bill assessment is correct. It necessary for you to stay, commander. The good of the mission demands it.

JEB: :sigh:

BILL: Don't worry, pal, I still know how to fly – or have you forgotten our trip to the Mun?

JEB: It was decades ago, Bill. We were young.

BILL: Younger, Jeb, younger. It's not the body that makes you old, it's the spirit. And I'll be damned if I ever stop being a pilot.

JEB: But-

BILL: You've landed there in a heavy, bulky miner, for Kod's sake, and it was during “Kadmos†mission, much older technology, much riskier landings. Plus we're the only two pilots on board right now.

esaUWdq.jpg

BILL: That's why we're here, Jeb, that's why you… forced us to come here. You can't change your mind like this.

JEB: Listen, it's just that you leaving the ship it's-

BILL: Jeb. I'll be fine. I need some training before the asteroids anyhow, and if something happens, there's still Danrey and his LAMGML. I'll be good.

JEB: :sigh:

BILL: Hey, I know that the morale isn't at its highest right now, but to be honest, I didn't feel better in months. I'm finally gonna take this pretty machine for a trip. Are we okay, Jeb?

JEB: Yes. Just… be careful, okay?

BILL: I will be, Jeb. I will be.

lw0PitC.jpg

GENANAND: This view will never get old.

MALLOCK: You said the same thing about the galactic disc during our test flight to the Mun.

GENANAND: Well yeah, but this... this is different. Am I right, captain?

BILL: I have to agree with you. Galaxy is as majestic as Jool but the planet is much more... present, in a physical sense. It's like you could just reach and touch it.

GENANAND: Well said.

MALLOCK: Are the readings from the altimeter all right? Shouldn't we be lower by now?

7c8psbW.jpg

BILL: Hmm, it seems you are right. We'll wait for BERTY's confirmation about our altitude.

MALLOCK: But why is it broken?

GENANAND: It's not broken, it's... glitchy.

MALLOCK: Glitchy?

BILL: Three years it's a long time even for the best hardware and Jool system isn't the most friendly environment there is. I'll have to talk with Harsen before the next-

MALLOCK: …

GENANAND: …

BILL: :sigh:

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Connection with LAMGML “Beta†reestablished.

BILL: Hello again, BERTY. Uhm, listen, could you give us the telemetry? We've some small problems with the altimeter here.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Naturally, captain Bill. LAMGML “Beta†is on course. Landing phase will begin in 12 minutes and 34 seconds.

yHcreJQ.jpg

i4aj7XB.jpg

BILL: Braking burn in five, four, three, two, one, ignition -uh!

GENANAND: Damn it!

MALLOCK: Crap, this hurts!

GENANAND: Should've spent more time training, microgravity – uh! - microgravity really makes you weak.

DUpMd0Z.jpg

BILL: It won't take long! Only five seconds left.

MALLOCK: :gasping:

GENANAND: Argh!

BILL: Two, one, engines cutoff.

MALLOCK: Crap. How much g-force was it?

BILL: 1,2g at peak.

GENANAND: Never thought Kerbin's gravity would be too much to handle.

MALLOCK: Don't worry, Vall's surface gravity is only 0.235g. Besides, asteroids after this are going be a breeze.

JL6wF9U.jpg

BILL: 35 meters. 30 meters.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Cease in communication will occur in 5 minutes.

JEB: You better wait with an EVA until we make a full orbit and the communication is established again.

BILL: 10 meters. Five. Three. Engines cutoff – contact! We've landed! SAS offline. Mallock, could you do a visual inspection while I'm prepping the LAMGML for an emergency ascent?

MALLOCK: Sure thing. Let's see...

t1aW98L.jpg

GENANAND: And?

MALLOCK: Wow. It's so much… smoother than Duna or Mun. Or Moho. Or even Dres.

GENANAND: It's an icy mun after all, professor.

MALLOCK: There are some geologic features scattered around, probably boulders or remnants of the meteorites. The landing site is in a perfect position to check all of them in near vicinity without taking too much risk during EVA. Oh my, this is going to be so great! Think about the data we'll gather!

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Cease in communication will occur in 3 minutes.

JEB: Bill? Wait with the EVA – confirm.

BILL: Okay “Proteusâ€Â, we will wait. And Jeb?

JEB: Yes?

BILL: You're no longer the only one who landed on Vall.

JEB: And I have no problem with this. Be patient and be careful and wait for us before attempting EVA.

UCAieDA.jpg

BILL: Breathtaking.

JEB: The view?

BILL: No – the horizon. To stand on a solid surface and feel the pull of gravity after all these months

JEB: Don't you mean it literally? BERTY's telling my that your heartbeat-

BILL: I'm feeling great, really. Are you ready?

GENANAND: Almost.

MALLOCK: We'll be out there in a minute, captain.

BILL: Fine with me.

iGbhesJ.jpg

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Oxium level 98%.

JEB: What are you doing? I told you to wait for them before you-

BILL: Relax, Jeb. :heavy breathing: I'll just finish the formalities.

rcBcAeP.jpg

JEB: Bill, you promised me you'll wait. Being out there alone is too dangerous, if you trip over you can break something. BERTY, help me with him.

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Commander is right. After experiencing microgravity for a long period of time not only muscles but bones as well are weakened. Effects similar to osteoporosis were observed in all crew members. Beside spaceflight osteopenia and balance disorders, the immune system is weakened too. This combine with decreased red blood cells production and putting too much stress on cardiovascular system may lead to-

BILL: It's just a damn flag, for Kod's sake.

JEB: Bill, stop it right now or I swear I'll come down there and kick your sorry old-

BILL: Done! It's done. :heavy breathing: The flag is planted.

eohfcWp.jpg

BILL: :heavy breathing:

JEB: How are you feeling?

BILL: A little dizzy.

JEB: Bill...

BILL: But I'm fine, really!

BERTY v.2.0.8b: Oxium level 97%.

JEB: You take one more step without Genanand and Mallock by your side and you're gonna regret this.

BILL: I'll wait, I'll wait. :heavy breathing: Oh boy - I'm here. I'm really here and I'm walking on the surface of the mun of Jool.

JEB: What did I say about walking?

BILL: Metaphorically speaking. :heavy breathing: Hell. :heavy breathing: All what we went through – being here makes it all worth it.

cu8dher.jpg

yEdh07v.jpg

MISSION STATUS

6s2oakL.png

Edited by czokletmuss

Why do I have the feeling Bill will need an epitaph soon?
Whatever you do.... DON'T kill Bill.

Red Herring? Forshadowing? Chekhov's Gun? Find out Soon! :)

Well, Rozer is in it, so I'm pretty damned sure that Baboon is one of 'em. However i can't guess the other one for the love of my live.

Just keep guessing, you're pretty close :P

It should be "break." :)

Corrected.

And a small sneak-peek into the next chapter:

KaZjAIZ.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.