[WEB APP] Ribbon Generator [1.1.2] [ABANDONED]

• 2 weeks later...
Seconded. 'Download Forum size' gave me a corrupted .png.

Thirded. Fortunately, there's a workaround: when you get to the final page, copy and paste the "direct link" URL to load an uncorrupted forum-size image. Then you can save it to disk from there. Don't try to download the image that's actually displayed on the front page, that's the one that's too big.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

he this might be suggested more then once but i don't know but wouldn't it be handy to have multiple ribons of a planet built in the ribbon generator so that you don't habve to make one first then save it then adjust it and repeat until you have everything why not make it a big block and make you able to put on the tags you earned so it might be bigger but it's handier right i mean i just did the launch a ship without dropping parts but a few others are over lapping, do you get my point?

I'm sorry but I don't have time anymore to put on this project. It has many issues which would need to be addressed, and I don't have the resources to make it run better nor to add new feature. If someone want the source code to host it themselves, contact me. I can not assure you that the website will continue to function, and I may have to shut it down in a close future. Sorry for the inconvenience and I was more than happy to be able to provide this service for the time I did it.

I'm sorry but I don't have time anymore to put on this project. It has many issues which would need to be addressed, and I don't have the resources to make it run better nor to add new feature. If someone want the source code to host it themselves, contact me. I can not assure you that the website will continue to function, and I may have to shut it down in a close future. Sorry for the inconvenience and I was more than happy to be able to provide this service for the time I did it.

This makes me sad...I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

I wish I had the skill, but perhaps you'd be willing to edit your license and provide the source code on github so that anyone who follows who does have the skill and time could pick up where you've left off?

I'm kind of ashamed of my code and I would prefer to not make it public. I did lots of ugly things haha

But if someone wants the code, I will share it with them.

Edited by Moustachauve

oh dear, this is unfortunate, .. and with .24 about to release, I was planning to use this again.

oh well, .. Moustachuve, can you provide a final zip with all of the .png (or wantever) files, so industurous people can MSPaint/Paint.net themselves ribbons once you close up shop?

Really enjoyed this generator while it was up. Ever since I joined KSP in .21, I would use it to memorialize my missions.

It was a big part of the game for me, and I hate to see it go with .24 so close.

If you're still looking to award ribbons to your Kerbals, however, I'd recommend Final Frontier;

it offers a whole bunch of ribbons, both in game and in it's files, and it's the next best thing right now.

I think that I'd like to take over this project if it's still in need of a home. I don't know if I can manage the hosting of images, but I'd like to keep the online application alive.

EDIT: I should add that I too have been using this generator for a while, but only recently began to earn some serious ones. I'm very sad to see it go, and I'd love the chance to keep it going for as long as I can.

Edited by Ezriilc

I'm very pleased to announce that with a good bit of help from Moustachauve, our beloved Ribbon Generator is back online. For obvious reasons, you'll need to re-register on the new site, but I plan to keep it working as long as possible.

As always, please report any bugs you may find, and contact us with any questions or suggestions.

Boy, I sure hope this works... [crosses little green fingers and mashes the big button]

http://Ribbons.Kerbaltek.com

Excellent job, Ezriilc and Moustachauve. Is great to have the Ribbon Generator back, and probably this also opens the way to further functionalities.

Edited by diomedea

Excellent job, Ezriilc and Moustachauve. Is great to have the Ribbon Generator back, and probably this also opens the way to further functionalities.
Thanks, diomedea. I promise to do my best with it.

I admit I did this mostly for myself since I've been earning many new ribbons lately. :cool:

I'm trying to think of a way to host the images directly, like in the old days - either with an external hit tracking system for registered users, and/or with ads on the site to pay for a Content Delivery Network (CDN) like Amazon or something. Monetizing a site is new territory for me, so it's a bit intimidating. If anyone has input, I'd be grateful.

EDIT: All fixed !

Oh yea, there's a little glitch on the new site. I had a problem using Internet Exploder to login, but Firefox is working. Has anyone else gotten the "unknown error" error? Please report it if you do, so I can iron that out.

Also, if anyone can test the site with Chrome and/or other browsers, that would be awesome.

Edited by Ezriilc