[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Hi, veryyy goooood mod :)! But i have a question, does the camera work?

It doesn't but the camera in this project does.

Yeah, I suppose I could do that.

I'd like to be able to orientate the vessel, so inclination and heading mostly, and then select when to execute this maneuver. and then a separate control to initialise a burn. What I am in a sense wanting to do is create a controller to allow me to have more control over MechJeb's autopilot. it would be steering Manually, but with all of the precision afforded by MechJeb.

I believe this is already possible, but would require some knowledge of a programming language execute the manoeuvres at a particular time.

One other thing, would you be able to set a traget from this said magical controller? I appreciate there is no way to selct this from a drop down list in game so you will have to take the list of bodies from a user created table. Ultimately this will lead to being able to use the rendezvous planner to calculate values for input above.

Setting the target is not currently possible from Telemachus.

Hello, I'm trying to set the controls (like pressing WASDQE) using the API calls v.setYaw v.setPitch v.setRoll but nothing happens.

I'm sending the command string

{"run":["v.setRoll[1]"]}

I do have a connection, and have managed to set the throttle and toggle the brakes, lights, etc.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Richard, I've seen your alternative interfaces page, you could add my basaGC project if you wish, although its not designed to strictly be an interface to Telemachus, some Telemachus data is available in it, the github site is https://github.com/cashelcomputers/basaGC and the KSP forum page is http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71470-PYTHON-ALL-OS-basaGC-Apollo-Guidance-Computer-for-KSP .

Also, could someone please explain the difference between say roll and rawroll?

Thanks,

ttb

Edited by ttb

Hi,

Richard, I've seen your alternative interfaces page, you could add my basaGC project if you wish, although its not designed to strictly be an interface to Telemachus, some Telemachus data is available in it, the github site is https://github.com/cashelcomputers/basaGC and the KSP forum page is http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71470-PYTHON-ALL-OS-basaGC-Apollo-Guidance-Computer-for-KSP .

Added!

Also, could someone please explain the difference between say roll and rawroll?

At a high level, rawroll is the roll value taken directly from KSP (after extracting it using some quaternion voodoo) and roll is the roll value a la Mechjeb2. I think the need for them both came from the differences between nav balls for spacecraft and those used on aircraft.

Indeed. Sorry, I have not yet played the sand box mod, and to my knowledge there is no way to activate Telemachus in career mod, isn't it?

So... no? After 50 pages still no clear answer? I installed it, been playing career for days and had to uninstall it because i really started to think that it's not implemented. Also i've been looking everywhere in this topic and on the internet, wiki, etc. for an answer. lol.

So... no? After 50 pages still no clear answer? I installed it, been playing career for days and had to uninstall it because i really started to think that it's not implemented. Also i've been looking everywhere in this topic and on the internet, wiki, etc. for an answer. lol.

The latest version of Telemachus (download on GitHub) makes Telemachus available from the start of career mode.

Sweet, thanks Rich :)

Sorry for all the questions, heres another one: is it possible to calculate direction to pro/retrograde, anti/normal etc with respect to current orbit?

Cheers,

ttb

Thank you.

Im running the Dark Multiplayer website ( http://d-mp.org). Would it be ok to integrate your mod into the site, so thatVisitors can watch vessel telemtry of the crafts on DMP servers (or even help me implementing it)?

It would be great if your mod would have some a push option (the mod contacting a server running some sort of api).

Partless crashes after loading (splash screen) , ahile displaying loading in lower right, before showing mainmenu.

Log extract:

[LOG 14:51:23.614] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Telemachus/Parts/FustekAntenna/part/fustekAntenna'

[LOG 14:51:23.622] [Telemachus] Telemachus data link starting

[LOG 14:51:23.625] Parsing int

[LOG 14:51:23.625] Parsing string

[LOG 14:51:23.626] Parsing int

[LOG 14:51:23.629] [Telemachus] Invalid IP address in configuration file, falling back to find.

[LOG 14:51:23.629] [Telemachus] No max request length specified, setting to 8000.

[LOG 14:51:23.631] [Telemachus] Partless:True

[LOG 14:51:23.649] [Telemachus] Telemachus data link listening for requests on the following addresses: (127.0.0.1:8085 and XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8085 and XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8085 and XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8085 and XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.:8085). Try putting them into your web browser, some of them might not work.

[LOG 14:51:23.657] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Telemachus/Parts/TelemachusAntenna/part/ant'

22% memory in use.

32734 MB physical memory [25400 MB free].

65466 MB paging file [57746 MB free].

8388608 MB user address space [8386388 MB free].

Write to location 03b60000 caused an access violation.

Context:

RDI: 0x0af02e50 RSI: 0x6ef135c0 RAX: 0x4abc4a10

RBX: 0x4604a200 RCX: 0x00000078 RDX: 0x30ddbf60

RIP: 0x03b60000 RBP: 0x002ff3d0 SegCs: 0x00000033

EFlags: 0x00010206 RSP: 0x002ff320 SegSs: 0x0000002b

R8: 0x00000800 R9: 0x00000000 R10: 0x00000010

R11: 0x8717064f R12: 0x002ff7c0 R13: 0x03b14d48

R14: 0x00000000 R15: 0x00000000

I hope that helps debugging :)

The latest version of Telemachus (download on GitHub) makes Telemachus available from the start of career mode.

Okay. I have it installed, playing on career mod, 0.25, Interstellar mod installed and i can't see any Telemachus antenna.

The only thing i can think of is Interstellar, could it be incompatible? Thanks.

EDIT: Just found it under electronics! :D

Edited by Fieel

How can I make this available to whomever has the link? (i.e., control the ship using Telemachus and a livestream window, but from a different computer in a different location, or even several)

I remember someone once gave a link to telemachus and told people to rescue the ship using only a livestream and telemachus, and I'd like to do something like that.

youve to forward the http server port in your router and give ppl a link like http://yourpublicip:telemachusporti would find it a realy good idea to add some sort of relay server to this mod. the mod could send his data to such a server and ppl could in turn contact that server. this would shift the load for public telemachus servers from the client to some real server and also users wouldnt have to deal with port forwarding.

How can I make this available to whomever has the link? (i.e., control the ship using Telemachus and a livestream window, but from a different computer in a different location, or even several)

I remember someone once gave a link to telemachus and told people to rescue the ship using only a livestream and telemachus, and I'd like to do something like that.

In a word: Yes. I mostly use Telemarchus with my iPad so i can switch between screens without loosing focus.

• 2 weeks later...
In a word: Yes. I mostly use Telemarchus with my iPad so i can switch between screens without loosing focus.

I can't manage to use it with my samsung tablet. I can't find the right address to connect to..

Taken from the official Telemachus guide i installed the antenna, opened the link and everything worked.

Fact is, i wanted to display the info on another device, my laptop and my tablet. I can't manage to do it.

In the guide it's said to proceed like this, open the debug console and look for the telemachus log and use the data there to connect other devices. The picture below is taken from the guide.

Fact is that i can't find the telemachus log in the debug console, i have hundreds of sentences about all my mods, mostly remotetech but nothing about telemachus. I think there is a limit of the debug logs visualized and telemachus just gets buried down. Any way to actually use this mod, given my situation...?

EDIT: http://[your local IP address]:[port]/telemachus/

How am i supposed to know which port? I mean, i know my local IP address using the cmd.exe and the ipconfig command, but what about the port...?

EDIT2: okay, i used the same port as the one given by default when opening links (8085) and used my local IP address i found with the command prompt, using that link from my machine works perfectly, but when i use the same link from my laptop it isn't working. Same for my tablet. I have no idea what to do now.

EDIT3: FIXED! I was using the wrong Local IP, i scrolled my cmd.exe windows and it showed more than a single IPv4, i've been using the Virtual Machine one, damn.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4670626458735a2e706e67

Edited by Fieel