[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

I agree, I've got most of the code for my custom controller/instrument panel written, and am eagerly awaiting for an update so I can finish it off. Hopefully future updates of KSP don't cause so many issues for Rich.

I'm greatly looking forward to this being updated. I've recently become annoyed at the amount of screen real estate being devoted to MechJeb windows, and I'd like to move it to my tablet. Once this is updated, I'm going to try to write an Android app for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I've used your mod to create this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111767-WIP-Plugin-0-90-Telemachus-and-RemoteTech-Kitbash I've currently run into a few issues trying to figure things out, such as how to emplace a signal delay to keep it further in line with remote tech. and also how to move away from modifying your dll and keeping my changes in a separate dll. thanks for your great mod.

port forwarding can sound like a scary word. There are several tutorials online. Have faith that they work.

The general gist of the idea is that your computer exists in it's separate network behind the router, your router protects your computer with it's own firewall.

in your Local Area Network behind this router you have a local ip address, generally something along the lines of 192.168.1.something. (you should jot that down somewhere)

So back to how a request to your computer from another computer gets through this gatekeeper, you internet connection has an ip address. and you need any requests that go to a certain port, <ip address>:<port>, to be forwarded to your local ip address on the port that it's hosted.

After that's done, you need to deal with the local firewall on your computer(there are two firewalls in total) go to find your firewall settings, add two new rules to inbound Rules. They're going to be copies of each other with one main difference, one for TCP and one for UDP. Once that's done, you're good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
Updating Telemachus to work with KSP 0.90 is taking a while, because the Telemachus web socket server current causes the game to crash on exit. I know what is causing the crash but my attempts to resolve the issue thus far have failed. I will have some more time next week to make further attempts at fixing this issue.

Hey Rich, just to let you I am not dead buddy. Coming back to KSP streaming soon and will be running my multi person missions again.

Let me know if you need another tester to work out the bugs!

Hello to all.

I am looking forward to this being continued. This mod is needed to help clear the clutter in the ksp window.....

The mod is working for me (running ksp 0.9-0 32 on a win7 x64 machine...

I have looked over the files, but am at a loss on how to make a few modifications that I am would like to have. Web programming and I just don't get along...

I would like to have the ability to zoom in more in the map page. I realize that the data will get distorted at some point, but I am happy to live with that. Even a few more steps would be great.

I would also like to be able to change some of the graphed items. For example, in the "Telemachus Console" page, Flight Dynamics, I would like to swap out "Height fromTerrain" and put in "Terrain height" in its place. Simple things like that. How do "I" control / select what items are to be plotted in the top display.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate any help....

Thanks to all who have created, maintained and help with this mod...

Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...
Updating Telemachus to work with KSP 0.90 is taking a while, because the Telemachus web socket server current causes the game to crash on exit. I know what is causing the crash but my attempts to resolve the issue thus far have failed. I will have some more time next week to make further attempts at fixing this issue.

Hope you've had some luck with this issue. We're still waiting for your excellent mod to emerge from the ashes of 0.25!

I was able to take the master branch of the Telemachus github code, load it into monodevelop... applied the following patch:

diff --git a/Servers/Servers/Properties/Resources.resx b/Servers/Servers/Properties/Resources.resx
index e3d34b6..2f2faa2 100644
--- a/Servers/Servers/Properties/Resources.resx
+++ b/Servers/Servers/Properties/Resources.resx
@@ -119,6 +119,6 @@
</resheader>
<assembly alias="System.Windows.Forms" name="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
<data name="ResponseCodePageTemplate" type="System.Resources.ResXFileRef, System.Windows.Forms">
- <value>..\resources\responsecodepagetemplate.txt;System.String, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089;gb2312</value>
+ <value>..\Resources\ResponseCodePageTemplate.txt;System.String, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089;gb2312</value>
</data>
</root>
\ No newline at end of file
diff --git a/Telemachus/src/IOPageResponsibility.cs b/Telemachus/src/IOPageResponsibility.cs
index f190b1d..285073a 100644
--- a/Telemachus/src/IOPageResponsibility.cs
+++ b/Telemachus/src/IOPageResponsibility.cs
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
<U+FEFF>//Author: Richard Bunt
-#define SYSTEMIO
+#define KSPIO

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;

compiled it, installed it, and it ran just fine with KSP 0.90 under linux x64.... It refused to work with SYSTEMIO defined... and I can't test in Windows so I don't know if this breaks it there or not...

I just wanted to mention this in case it helps. I'm wanting to write an Android client for the API :cool:

Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks,

Was there ever a fix for negative longditude issues? or some way of working around it? I've managed to get Telemachus confused by driving around the north pole a couple of times & it's gone to -280 deg - as I've been using the map to navigate I'd really quite like a way of resetting that. Seemed to persist through a game restart, I didn't check the persistance file though.

• 3 weeks later...
In case anyone is curious, I just installed Telemachus with KSP 1.0 and things seem to be working.

^^ Excellent!!...Glad to know...I'm hoping to model a couple of new antennas for myself for this mod...Was wondering if it would be worth it if the mod died out after 0.90...

Oh my why have I never heard of this! it looks super cool :cool:

OMG: TESTED (some features) working in 1.0 ! may need some more aerodynamic antennae tho :)

This is the kind of addon I have wanted for as long as I can recall, might have to dust of the books and help out. Interested in stealing ideas from mechjeb and incorporating landing and take off etc etc

Edited by Kerbal007

I also had to comment out following lines in Telemachus/src/DataLinkHandlers.cd in order to get it working, I'm guessing due to changes with the atmosphere in 1.0:

[FONT=Monospace] [COLOR=#333333]registerAPI[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]([/COLOR][COLOR=#009695]new[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] PlotableAPIEntry[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]([/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333] dataSources [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]=[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]>[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR][COLOR=#009695]return[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] FlightGlobals[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Bodies[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][[/COLOR][COLOR=#009695]int[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Parse[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]([/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]dataSources[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]args[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]0[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]])][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]maxAtmosphereAltitude[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333];[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]b[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00].[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]maxAtmosphere[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]Body[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]Max[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]Atmosphere[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00][[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]body[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]id[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]][/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] formatters[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Default[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] APIEntry[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]UnitType[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]DISTANCE[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]))[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333];[/COLOR][/FONT]

For Linux, I also had to convert the post-build script commands to *nix equivalents. My script (which replaces the contents of <PostBuildEvent> in Telemachus/Telemachus.csproj) went a little like this:

rm -r $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData"
rm -r $ProjectDir"../ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/Telemachus"

mkdir -p $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/"
cp $TargetDir"Servers.dll" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/"
cp $TargetDir"Telemachus.dll" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../Parts/" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Parts/"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../WebPages/WebPages/src/" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../Licences/" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/"
cp $ProjectDir"../readme.md" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/"

mkdir -p /home/ntm/Gaming/ksp/Telemachus/ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/test/

cp -r $ProjectDir"../WebPages/WebPagesTest/src/" $ProjectDir"../ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/test"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/" $ProjectDir"../ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/"

Would love to get this back without manual patching. Someone actually made something similar for Cities: Skylines which reminded me of how awesome it was to dual-monitor with KSP and this.