[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Is it completely or partialy compatible with 1.1.2 ? 64 Bit ?

I really would like to use it on a second screen :)

Is there any other mod that can do something like this ?*

I installed the dll from the previous page, but in the debug console, it says "unable to open data link..."

Thanks a lot

Edited by imerg

@imerg

Actually, it works with the 1.1.0 x64 (mine) but there is no reason to prevent it to work with the 1.1.2 version. Have you first install the last version of telemachus before replacing the telemachus and servers dll ?

1 hour ago, yosh31 said:

@imerg

Actually, it works with the 1.1.0 x64 (mine) but there is no reason to prevent it to work with the 1.1.2 version. Have you first install the last version of telemachus before replacing the telemachus and servers dll ?

Yes, i don't understand what's the problem (sorry for my english)

Edited by imerg

I've tested this and it almost completely works, the only problem I have is the Graphs and Tables part wont list anything.

What I mean below(Not sure why it says year 47 and such because it's only Year 1 and Day 113 in my game):

CqUNnSO.png

I also do have the signal enabled in case that's what someone believes is the problem.

5 hours ago, frankcastle said:

I have exact the same problem as Nate...:(

Yea I'm not sure why it's not working, I noticed that whenever I go back to the space center home view, and open up the graphs I can see the time fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yosh31, if you have those updated files it would be great if you could send them to me too. I really would like this mod to work for a group of us to run an Apollo style ground control mission. I can PM you my email?

Cheers

Actually don't worry Yosh31, francescopela kindly sent them to me. What would be more useful at this point is a step by step guide on what it is that you did to make the files work again, in case ksp is updated again in the future. 

I don't know much when it comes to coding (I don't even know what compile means) but the guide would really be appreciated by not just me, but anyone else who finds this thread in the future in the same way I did to get this mod running. 

I would really appreciate it!

@DuoDex which part of the license is @yosh31 in violation of? I copied it below (see spoiler) from the github linked in the OP. I'm assuming section #0 (edit: and #1 & #2): redistribution requires permission? @Rich seems to still be somewhat active (last seen a month ago), so getting permission doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility. Honestly, I'm more concerned with yosh31 disappearing back into the ether from whence he came with his source code, never to be heard from again. Hypothetically speaking, if another individual happened to have a copy of yosh31's .dlls and managed to get permission to redistribute them, would they be allowed to, or would there still be a missing link in the licensing chain of yosh31 never having received permission in the first place, causing complications? Thinking about it now, I suppose it's probably best to try to right that wrong than to try building upon it.

Seeing as you've already done the hard part @yosh31 you might as well take the next step and message @Rich. Pretty please?

Spoiler

Copyright (c) 2013, Richard Bunt
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
0. Redistributions in binary form can only occur if written 
   permission has been obtained to do so.
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
   must display the following acknowledgement:
   This product includes software developed by Richard Bunt.
4. Neither the name of the Telemachus nor the
   names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
   derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Richard Bunt ''AS IS'' AND ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Richard Bunt BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Edited by Deimos Rast

I'm having (I think) the same issue, most of the graphs and tables pages say "No Signal Found," with the exception of the retro-burn and some other at what seems like random. Any help anyone can give me would be amazing. 

Hi great mod but i am having problem 

when i load my craft and open the UI for telemachus antenna , it says 'uplink 0 bits, downlink 0 bits' and when i push 'open link ' button ,nothing happens 

when i opened the debug console, it said "Unable to open data link. Please try to edit Telemachus config file manually"

please help.

8 hours ago, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

Hi great mod but i am having problem 

when i load my craft and open the UI for telemachus antenna , it says 'uplink 0 bits, downlink 0 bits' and when i push 'open link ' button ,nothing happens 

when i opened the debug console, it said "Unable to open data link. Please try to edit Telemachus config file manually"

please help.

Did you look at the Telemachus Wiki? Specifically, this page. Scroll down to step 6. You won't get a data value more than 0 until you have the page open I believe.

Also note that you might have firewall issues. I could pull up the page just fine on the same computer, but not on a separate computer until I opened the relevant ports in my firewall.

-----

@Wonderbreadninja Nice work! Did you get permission from Rich by the way (which is a requirement of redistribution)? Can you make your source code available so we know what to fix in the future? Right now it just points to Rich's git. :mellow:

5 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Did you look at the Telemachus Wiki? Specifically, this page. Scroll down to step 6. You won't get a data value more than 0 until you have the page open I believe.

Also note that you might have firewall issues. I could pull up the page just fine on the same computer, but not on a separate computer until I opened the relevant ports in my firewall.

-----

@Wonderbreadninja Nice work! Did you get permission from Rich by the way (which is a requirement of redistribution)? Can you make your source code available so we know what to fix in the future? Right now it just points to Rich's git. :mellow:

Yes buddy i did saw the wiki page before i lnstalled the mod , i did open a web browser along with ksp .

Now if i have do do it manually i have to type this http://[your local IP address]:[port]/telemachus/ 

What is 'port' ?

@Apurva Kawthalkar

Alright, so if you look in your log (KSP.log or player.log or output_log.txt) look for a block of text like below (see insert). KSP.log is probably the easiest to read, and it's found in your "Kerbal Space Program" folder; just open it in a text editor and search for "telemachus data" and it should locate what you need.

A "port" is the four numbers after the ":" in this case 8085. Basically, if you have a firewall, which is a digital barrier keeping people/things from connecting to your computer, a "port" is a doorway you can open for certain programs or applications. In my case, I had to open port "8085" in my firewall to let Telemachus send data across the LAN (local area network). I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but it's what I had to do (you might not need to worry about any of this).

Continuing the example with the numbers below, to connect to the Telemachus website, I typed in http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus or http://10.0.0.10:8085/telemachus

Your numbers will likely be different (especially the second set), but the process is the same. I recommend bookmarking the page.
If you get a "404 Page Not Found: Did you mean to visit the Index Page?" click the link to the Index Page, which is what you want (see picture). From there, just click on buttons and stuff and enjoy. :)

-----

[Telemachus] Telemachus data link listening for requests on the following addresses: (127.0.0.1:8085 and 10.0.0.10:8085). Try putting them into your web browser, some of them might not work.

The below page can be found at: http://[local ip]:[port]/telemachus/information.html

PZZnMhm.png

Welcome to Wonderbread  Mission Control!!!

From Left to Right -  Instrumentation->Kerbal Map -> Booster Systems ->  Electrical, Environmental, and Comms (EEC) -> KSP Game -> Flight Dynamics

The tablet has the flight control running on it and the touch-pad display on the keyboard next to it has Smart A.S.S. on it

26853262034_fd74834fdd_k.jpg20160604_143952 by John Peters, on Flickr

Edited by Wonderbreadninja

3 hours ago, politas said:

Arduino-based controller, next?

Could you keep the version number as the version number, rather than confusingly part of the name? maybe rename it to Telemachus-Revived or some such?

I don't think he's the actual maintainer, he's just a bloke who uploaded a working copy to spacedock. Which, don't get me wrong, is damn impressive, but there are still some unanswered questions.:P

On June 4, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Wonderbreadninja said:

Welcome to Wonderbread  Mission Control!!!

From Left to Right -  Instrumentation->Kerbal Map -> Booster Systems ->  Electrical, Environmental, and Comms (EEC) -> KSP Game -> Flight Dynamics

The tablet has the flight control running on it and the touch-pad display on the keyboard next to it has Smart A.S.S. on it

You got room for three more screens on the right side! :sticktongue:

Edited by richfiles