[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

If you check the KSP output log it will report all the IP addresses which Telemachus is listening on (this is printed when the part is loaded by KSP), you might have better luck using the external address.

Alright, thats handy for double checking. It did exactly what I wanted it to, I have it setup as 192.168.1.247:80, and I am using my iPhone to check that as well, and I have portforwarded that in my router firewall aswell as added an inbound exception in my personal firewall. It is definitely open, and works on my computer, but it just continues to timeout on my iPhone.

Have you tried the address of a graph page directly? The iPhone browser might time out if my HTML is malformed. Computer browsers are usually more forgiving :D

I am out of suggestions for now but I will try this later on my phone to see if I run into any specific issues when using a mobile browser (given that I have only done testing mainly with Chrome running on various devices).

No problem, I see the potential of this, especially the map tests and other things you have done and I want to help anyway I can. Real time information on my iPhone would allow me to step away and watch my statistics and who knows, maybe you could figure a way to do orbital maneuvers, soi changes etc. I want to see where this is going!

Also, maybe you should do a video tutorial for setting everything up, what I mean is I saw you had it on your iPad, maybe show us your process and it might possibly solve a lot of issues, who knows, maybe I did something wrong in my process :P

... step away and watch my statistics and who knows, maybe you could figure a way to do orbital maneuvers, soi changes etc. I want to see where this is going!

That is the plan, I want to provide enough information for you to do entire missions in IVA or from your kitchen.

Also, maybe you should do a video tutorial for setting everything up, what I mean is I saw you had it on your iPad, maybe show us your process and it might possibly solve a lot of issues, who knows, maybe I did something wrong in my process :P

I will have a think about writing a better tutorial for sending the data to a tablet device. I have also conducted two simple test missions involving an Internet connection from the UK to Canada, will also include this in the guide.

That is the plan, I want to provide enough information for you to do entire missions in IVA or from your kitchen.

That is absolutely brilliant, and if any help is needed, please, don't hesitate to send me a pm.

I will have a think about writing a better tutorial for sending the data to a tablet device. I have also conducted two simple test missions involving an Internet connection from the UK to Canada, will also include this in the guide.

Great! The real life ping would play a role and would definitely give some interesting results.

Might be worth trying this if you haven't already - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/chrome/id535886823?mt=8
From the limited testing I have done on iOS devices I do remember that Safari did not like 8080 (or anything other than port 80 for that matter). I would advise instructing Telemachus to listen on port 80 via the configuration file then attempting to connect from your iPhone without specifying a port. I would be interested to know if the graphs actually work on the iPhone, however the remote control pages should operate as they are much simpler. If that does not work, try connecting to the visualisations not through the landing page, as iOS Safari is extremely picky about HTML errors, in fact ... I will run all the Telemachus pages through a validator tonight.

I've tried both Safari and Chrome, and I've tried port 8080 and port 80. Let me know if there's a way I can help test, unless it's a problem with my network. I wouldn't think that would be the case though as I'm trying to access it from within my local network.

no need for GPS NASA could track missions just fine be for GPS

when you know the inclination and speed of an object + having a data link getting a fix is pretty trivial

Actually, getting an accurate location of spacecraft, especially not in earth orbit, is pretty tricky and involves some fancy smart usage of sparse data combined with previous known locations. It is not trivial at all :) Inclination is not a given too, you really need to make sure you are where you think you are when flying something through space.

Known space probe localisation methods include the doppler effect, pinging, optical orientation using stars (or pulsars) and a lot of other quite nifty tricks.

Edited by Camacha

Managed to do some testing on my Android phone, it took ages to load - but it did load. Will need to find someone with an iPhone to conduct more tests, or develop a debug version to give to you guys.

I think I have the part installed correctly as I can attach it to my craft and I can right click and OPEN LINK, albeit in a rather unorthodox folder structure ;) but when I OPEN LINK it will open a Firefox window (default browser), set the url to 127.0.0.1:8080/telemachus/information and then think forever. The page remains blank/white. I open link while on launch pad and inflight to no effect. I had the "unblock firewall" message when I first used it. No meaningful error in the debug window.

The right-click menu says link enabled. Consuming power. 0 bits up. 0 bits down. I have every sensor on the craft.

*sad*

Windows 7 with Firefox. Cheers.

Nup - I suspect I got the files in the wrong location. I'll fiddle some more and report back. :)

Edit: PluginData\telemachus has a bunch of html files. They are all blank and all have a file date of the 21st (not - now). Does that mean anything? I'm assuming my localhost isn't right. How easy is it to mess that up? Is there a service I need to run?

Edit: working now. I had to use the other model - the fukishima or whatever it is - and then use the .html extension. Anyway to fix that extension thing on my side?

Edited by togfox

Cool as long as it's working, not sure why the other model didn't work.

The extension issue is only something I can fix, which it is for the next release.

Now to add a feature request. :D

Export to csv. True information doesn't come until one flight can be superimposed over another (flight path comparision) and efficiencies can then be worked out. Another option is to leave previous 'lines' on a graph and ghost them in grey or something. Then you can see visually if your performance is better/worse than the previous flight. :)

Small update on the SpacePort (version 1.3.2.0). I managed to fix a disaster of a bug which could cause Telemachus to crash during long missions. Not many new features because I am trying to focus on improving stability, however I have added resource graphs for electric charge, liquid fuel and oxidiser.