[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Is there any difference between the two antennas? I can't seem to find anything else than the weight and the model. Is there any? And as i said earlier, facts about time to SOI changes, and which SOI you enters. But this is a great mod, and really helpful to mission control style games (I'm currently playing with my family, and it's pretty fun).

Glad to hear that it is bringing people some enjoyment, this makes the development process worthwhile. Below is a screenshot of the last feature that I wish to include in the next release of Telemachus (before I start refactoring, polishing and testing). Everything works except for the roll reading which is causing me some problems and as you can see there is a read out of your current SOI.

LgRibsV.png

As for differences between the antennas, currently there is no functional difference. However I am toying with the idea of making one low power and limiting the data rate, and the other with higher data rate and a proportional power drain.

Edited by Rich

Ah, it looks smart with coordinates. The Pitch/heading/roll is the same thing as the sliders down in the left corner in game, right? And 100% roll is all the way to the right, and -100% is all the way to the left?

And with SOI changes, it is just smart. Are you planning to add a timer to show how long there is to the change? Like you've done with apo- and periapsis.

And I couldn't find the difference between the antennas :). It is a good idea to make them with different power usage and data rate. I think it will be hard to make, as people would then just open one graph at a time. But maybe limited graphs? So the small one can only use some of the features, where the large one can use them all. But do what you want, I'm just tossing out ideas :).

And what about a solid fuel meter? I think it's sad for Jeb that the mission control can't tell him that he's out of fuel :)

The Pitch/heading/roll is the same thing as the sliders down in the left corner in game, right? And 100% roll is all the way to the right, and -100% is all the way to the left?

Not quite, those sliders refer to the current inputs you are providing. The figures in the table relate to this diagram, and should be the same as the numbers reported by MechJeb (when I have fixed them).

Are you planning to add a timer to show how long there is to the change? Like you've done with apo- and periapsis.

And I couldn't find the difference between the antennas :). It is a good idea to make them with different power usage and data rate. I think it will be hard to make, as people would then just open one graph at a time. But maybe limited graphs? So the small one can only use some of the features, where the large one can use them all. But do what you want, I'm just tossing out ideas :).

And what about a solid fuel meter? I think it's sad for Jeb that the mission control can't tell him that he's out of fuel :)

could i suggest a way to view the crafts orbital map?

I welcome suggestions, that is one of the primary functions of this thread :D

I`m having problems on getting it trough to other computers over LAN, i have a wired switch and a wi-fi router, and can`t get a connection either way, what am I missing?

Which IP address are you using to connect?

There should be several printed in the output log when the game loads:

FpbdXsZ.png

If none of those work, try specifying your IP address and port manually in the Telemachus config file.

Edited by Rich

Custom graphs are a planned feature. However, if you are familiar with JavaScript or know someone who is, then you could probably build what you want now.

Amazing plugin man, Im assembling a mission control with my housemates. My only disapointment is the lack of customizable displays, but i see you are already working on it!

Keep up the good work Rich!!

I cannot get this to work when I Alt-F2 it just says:

Unable to open the data link. Please try to edit the Telemachus configuration file manually

Any ideas? :(

EDIT: Now fixed, changed port to 8085

Edited by combat squirrel

Excellent, I was indeed going to suggest fiddling with the configuration file; it is possible the default port is being used by another application. In hindsight, using 8080 was potentially a bad idea due to its ubiquitous usage.

Still no Telemachus 1.4.0.0, but I have been doing some more experimental work!

I have always found the idea of proclaiming "activate solar panels!", and this resulting in your satellite's solar panels extending, rather appealing. Naturally I set about trying to make this happen; however, the first attempted ended in failure because KSP restricts/does not support access to certain C# features. After finding that I could not make this work from within KSP, I looked towards a web browser oriented approach. After some hacking around with the speech API demo provided by Google, I had a simple proof of concept working which allowed the staging of vessels by saying "activate".

p7QBSQC.png

That is certainly the hard bit done, but I plan to finish this up in such a way that users can assign command words of their choice to the various Telemachus API calls, such as action groups and the throttle.

Edited by Rich

There is a link to the development build of 1.4.0.0 in the OP if people want to give it a test; I have added:

Notifications when you pause the game, lose power or disconnect.

Tables of orbital and vessel information.

Kerbal Maps integration (basic).

C# code snippet to read the current vessels altitude.

try{

string address = string.Format(
"http://127.0.0.1:8080/telemachus/datalink?alt={0}",
Uri.EscapeDataString("v.altitude"));
string text;
using (WebClient client = new WebClient())
{
text = client.DownloadString(address);
Console.WriteLine(text);
}
}
catch (Exception d)
{
Console.WriteLine(d.Message);
}

You will need the following using statment:

using System.Net;

When KSP isn't running or the address is incorrect, it will print the following to the screen:

Unable to connect to the remote server

When at the KSP menu screen it will print the following:

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

When a flight is active it will print the appropriate JSON:

{"alt":80.0067923795432}

This is awesome!

However, I cannot for the life of me get my Android phone to connect to the local server through WiFi or USB tethering. I even tried port forwarding and connecting from the outside. Nothing... Any ideas?

Sounds stupid, but is your computer wired in and the phone on Wifi? I had a problem whee I was connecting to network A on the Ethernet connection, and network B (same router/modem) on the Wifi. Connecting from outside though? No idea. I can still use it to connect with Americans, so I can't help you.

I am having FAR too much fun with this! although it REALLY needs a way to affect the attitude of the ship in a fine way so that you could fly using nothing but a galaxy note like me! XD