[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Is there a way to make this Addon only work when connected by a RemoteTech network such that there is a system of relays to reach kerbin space control?

I would love to see this play well with RemoteTech, as well. Require a relay connection and have time delayed data and commands due to distance.

I am having FAR too much fun with this! although it REALLY needs a way to affect the attitude of the ship in a fine way so that you could fly using nothing but a galaxy note like me! XD

I believe you can use SMART A.S.S. from mechjeb2 to fine tune the vehicles attitude. Use the sliders.

I believe you can use SMART A.S.S. from mechjeb2 to fine tune the vehicles attitude. Use the sliders.

oh I know but you cant use RCS translation and you cant affect it to make precision movements fast. Something like a small D-pad on screen to do something similar to WSADQE

Well, not that i'm accusing this mod or anything, but I happened to get a Trojan on my computer the same day I downloaded and started using it?

Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Well, not that i'm accusing this mod or anything, but I happened to get a Trojan on my computer the same day I downloaded and started using it?

No and i don't think you should blame this mod.

Its the KSP virus. It makes you want to play all day and all night - remotely - from anywhere in the world provided a net connection is available. I frequently do AP/PE changes whilst on the bus on my mobile device.

I cannot get this to work when I Alt-F2 it just says:

Unable to open the data link. Please try to edit the Telemachus configuration file manually

Any ideas? :(

EDIT: Now fixed, changed port to 8085

Quoting from two pages back, I had the same thing happen to me. 8080 is perhaps not the best default port, even when connecting to 127.0.0.1.

Yes, I can use internet on the computer and on the phone through WiFi(mobile data turned off).

Anyway, thanks for the great mod! Works on the other computers in the network!

Try using a different browser. Stock, Chrome or Firefox. This lets you eliminate issues with stuff and things.

Is there a way to make this Addon only work when connected by a RemoteTech network such that there is a system of relays to reach kerbin space control?

RemoteTech integration is on my todo list.

I am having FAR too much fun with this! although it REALLY needs a way to affect the attitude of the ship in a fine way so that you could fly using nothing but a galaxy note like me! XD

A prototype touch screen controller exists, but it has not been release because you need to be a Jedi to fly anything with it.

Telemachus is open source, and as such anyone is welcome to perform a code review.

Quoting from two pages back, I had the same thing happen to me. 8080 is perhaps not the best default port, even when connecting to 127.0.0.1.

I am in the middle of a bug fixing and polish iteration right now, so I will take the opportunity to change the default port before the next release.

A prototype touch screen controller exists, but it has not been release because you need to be a Jedi to fly anything with it.

is there any way to add in rcs translation to the same page?

I was streaming people flying ships i made/edited and it was one of the biggest requests

and if you need someone to help you test out those functions gimme a shout again!

I completely forgot about RCS translation; will take a look.

absolute star!!!!!

I am currently running a challenge on twitch with syvos, each rocket is no more than 10 parts (not including the telemachus and mechjeb) and each one takes another kerbal. 1 @ 1, 2 @ 2, etc.....

www.twitch.tv/mechrior

will be streaming planes maybe tomorrow!

Wow! This is truly amazing. I think, this is something that should be integrated right into KSP itself. It's just that awesome. Other simulators have done similar things (Just have a look at X-Plane)

I just have one feature request. And it's a big one. Like in "huuuuuuge". Please make Telemachus send and react to OSC. I know, OSC was intended for use with Audio equipment, but it is such a wonderful way to easily create custom control interfaces. Just have a Look at TouchOSC. It's available for iOS and Android. It would be a blast to remote control my space ships via TouchOSC.

Cheers,

-joe

is there any way to add in rcs translation to the same page?

I was streaming people flying ships i made/edited and it was one of the biggest requests

and if you need someone to help you test out those functions gimme a shout again!

Development build in the OP for flight input. Usage:

1. Navigate to touchball.html

2.1 For the mouse: Hold left mouse button and move to adjust pitch and yaw, hold right mouse button and move to adjust pitch and roll.

2.2 For touch screen devices: One finger to adjust pitch and yaw, two fingers to adjust pitch and roll.

Hey Rich, is the hullcam proof of concept on the telemachus source?

I'd really like to take a look at it and see how was such an epic thing accomplished.

The source is not included; however, it is based on the hull camera code, and all Telemachus does is to pack the image data up and serve it as a webpage.

So just spent a ten hour Lan party, launching spacecraft with the "pilot" trapped downstairs, While "Mission Control" sat in the Kitchen barking orders via headset. The feature we wanted most was the purpose to build "Comms Networks" similar to RemotTech, In fact Even interfacing with remote tech with an optional config option would be cool! and very lifelike :) Is this any bit possible?

In fact Even interfacing with remote tech with an optional config option would be cool! and very lifelike :) Is this any bit possible?

I did a feasibility study on this yesterday, and it should take about 1 hour to interface Telemachus with RemoteTech.

So just spent a ten hour Lan party, launching spacecraft with the "pilot" trapped downstairs, While "Mission Control" sat in the Kitchen barking orders via headset.

Did Telemachus crash at any point during this time? I am hunting down an elusive stability bug.

Yup, when Autom8 is put back into MechJeb 2.*, as currently the integration technique I am using is disgusting. If Autom8 already back in, then let me know ...

I did a feasibility study on this yesterday, and it should take about 1 hour to interface Telemachus with RemoteTech.

WOW ahead of me :) Dev's that can research a suggestion before they even are suggested! woot!

Did Telemachus crash at any point during this time? I am hunting down an elusive stability bug.

Um well we had (ALOT of) computer issues and KSP Crashing (both of the game and in the game). we did have it stop working/broadcasting altogether a few times during the night but it added to the experience, for instance when the "Pilot" was coming in to land (*cough* Crash) blindfolded on the mun losing all feedback. But other than that (which just may have been the wifi ghoul messing with my network) there was nothing i could "Blame" on Telemachus and we didn't really keep track of the logs, etc.

We may livestream our next Kerbal Adventure and then we'll have some video proof if things go wrong, I'll keep an eye out.

Development build in the OP for flight input. Usage:

1. Navigate to touchball.html

2.1 For the mouse: Hold left mouse button and move to adjust pitch and yaw, hold right mouse button and move to adjust pitch and roll.

2.2 For touch screen devices: One finger to adjust pitch and yaw, two fingers to adjust pitch and roll.

is there any way to make it lass sensitive! its really twitchy on a small craft, and it also doesn't track well it seems to do better if you tap it on a touch device.

Holding the right mouse button on my Firefox window does not adjust roll it defaults back to pitch and yaw, it only affects roll if i right click and let go.

and finally is there a way to reverse the pitch input as pulling back on a rocket is counter intuitive

when you impliment the rcs control put it in as 1 set of 4 buttons for translation and one set of 6 buttons for pitch,yaw,roll functions rather than a digital control.

something like :

translation P/R/Y

ââ€Â´ ââ€Å’ ââ€Â´ ââ€Â

ââ€Â¤ ââ€Â¬ ââ€Å“ ââ€Â¤ ââ€Â¬ ââ€Å“

thanks for the implement it WORKS just a lil buggy atm.

If you do actually get RemoteTech to work with your beautiful piece of work, would you be able to control RemoteTech's flight computer?